Dust, Ore and Fragments

Dust, Ore and Fragments

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: UnseeN.4928

UnseeN.4928

Is there anything gonna happen with the Bloodstone dust, Empyreal fragments and Dragonite ore?

I’ve been saving these for the idea that something else may come up that may be worth it. I have no ambition to create ascended gear and thus i have absolutely no use for them.
But, i know how things work in Guild Wars. You never throw stuff away because it may someday become of some value.

Now that i have 4 bank tabs and 6 characters loaded with this stuff, i’m really getting annoyed.

I’m gonna be very let down if they suddenly decide it’s worth something. But on the otherhand, nobody has said it’s not gonna be worth anything.
I’m hoping for some confirmation that it will not be used anywhere else then ascended craftings, so i can throw atleast some away without feeling bad about it.

Any info on this is more then welcome, Cheers.

Dust, Ore and Fragments

Posted by: Castrin.8972

Castrin.8972

All three are components of ingredients required for crafting ascended weapons and armor.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vision_Crystal

Grandmaster
Order of the Empyrean Shield [OES]

(edited by Castrin.8972)

Dust, Ore and Fragments

Posted by: Highchu.3806

Highchu.3806

If you don’t plan to make Ascended theres really no other use for them right now. You can refine them into (Bricks/Ingots/Stars) to save space if you have enough Karma for the Obsidian Shards. Unless you farm alot of dungeon/World Bosses you shouldn’t have too much Dragonite Ore/Empyreal Fragments stockpiled. Those being the most valuable and slowest to accumulate are the only ones really worth keeping. Blooststone Dust is so ridiculously plentiful theres no harm in deleting stacks if you don’t have the space.

Dust, Ore and Fragments

Posted by: Wolfheart.7483

Wolfheart.7483

…Blooststone Dust is so ridiculously plentiful theres no harm in deleting stacks if you don’t have the space.

Unless they do introduce something more that can be done with dust and, at the same time, reduce the amount/frequency of drops.

Dust, Ore and Fragments

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

What they should do is make it so that the recipes require way way way less and drastically reduce the drop rates on them.

That’s the only sensible reason, but they obviously wouldn’t ever do that considering there are people who dump their money into the cash shop just so they can hoard all of it.