Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It’s a little bit out there for everyday wear but does dye interestingly … well hmm. I said that based on first impressions but now I am testing the dye channels and this is another where the 4th channel has no effect, at least on the male version.

However, the upthrust metal wings from the male pectoral are a bit … odd. I don’t see this outfit being IC for any of my alts except the one who constantly gets jobs that make him dress strangely.

(Also available — Scientific Weapons, which might be too fancy to have staying power but I do like the hammer and will work to get it).

edit: the 4th dye channel does have an effect, it colors the head cap part of the helmet on the male version. It lightens up any tone you put on it considerably. Even Shadow Abyss isn’t very dark on it.

(edited by Donari.5237)

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Godric.3012

Godric.3012

Female outfit is pretty , male meh…

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Two words: major clipping.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: shogei.8015

shogei.8015

My head is a bird!

Guild warrior for life!

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Donari.5237

Testing further, female charr get the male version and that helm is … huh, it’s growing on me. There is allowance for the tail, a fabric flap runs down the top of the tail a good bit.

Attachments:

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I don’t see this outfit being IC for any of my alts except the one who constantly gets jobs that make him dress strangely.

I can’t say as I understand what you are saying.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Kenyon.6150

Kenyon.6150

Just previewed it on my Charr, both Male and Female versions.
It is unisex again for Charr, we get the male part with the giant chest wings.

I am very happy that they considered the tail for this costume. it has a nice piece of cloth covering the clipping so it looks like there is a seperate section underneath. Really happy with this.

That being said, I only saw it in the Outfit UI as a preview so I don`t know how much it will clip when running on all 4. Though I suspect this is tested and will not clip, for both the tail and the arms going through the chest wings (fingers crossed)
I’m also really REALLY happy we can turn the helmet off… it is upscaled enormously and it removes the horns, ears and mane.

A-net, it looks cool and from the fashion line trend we`ll be getting the other human gods as well. But could we pretty please also get some Outfits designed for the other races in the future? Something that complements their culture? They should not be left out as all races have carefully crafted cultures that also allow for some very pretty outfits to celebrate them.

Thank you for the Outfit.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Why did anet decide to expand the races in gw2 if all they are going to do is release human themed skins?

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Just previewed it on my Charr, both Male and Female versions.
It is unisex again for Charr, we get the male part with the giant chest wings.

I am very happy that they considered the tail for this costume. it has a nice piece of cloth covering the clipping so it looks like there is a seperate section underneath. Really happy with this.

That being said, I only saw it in the Outfit UI as a preview so I don`t know how much it will clip when running on all 4. Though I suspect this is tested and will not clip, for both the tail and the arms going through the chest wings (fingers crossed)
I’m also really REALLY happy we can turn the helmet off… it is upscaled enormously and it removes the horns, ears and mane.

A-net, it looks cool and from the fashion line trend we`ll be getting the other human gods as well. But could we pretty please also get some Outfits designed for the other races in the future? Something that complements their culture? They should not be left out as all races have carefully crafted cultures that also allow for some very pretty outfits to celebrate them.

Thank you for the Outfit.

+1 for Wolf’s Regalia and Bear’s Regalia
Ooh, and a couple of Charr pieces.
And a Mordrem Slave outfit for the evil, evil Sylvari.

Oh yeah, and a Southsun Fun outfit. Must have!

And really, if that’s how Dwayna dressed, no wonder the other gods left. >_> Yeesh.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Kenyon.6150

Why did anet decide to expand the races in gw2 if all they are going to do is release human themed skins?

They don’t. They have produced multiple outfits that are not just human culture themed.
It`s just that Humans are the standard “measurement” for creating new armors/outfits. so it`s easier to design them for humans in the first place.

There are outfits that have special models for all the races. such at the Cook outfit where every race has their own unique outfit for it.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Great name for a Charr character.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Rauderi.8706

Dangit, now I have to make Hax Tailclip as my Revenant. =P

And give him this gods-blinding outfit. Wouldn’t be so bad, but that headgear, yo.

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Donari.5237

I don’t see this outfit being IC for any of my alts except the one who constantly gets jobs that make him dress strangely.

I can’t say as I understand what you are saying.

I RP. So anything I put on an alt has to be something s/he would wear either socially or in combat. I’ll don other things for fun or a joke but won’t run around in them for long if they don’t ICly (in-character’ly) suit the alt. Thus I have one alt that I RP as being a long-suffering guy who makes ends meet by wearing whatever his employers want him to to suit their party themes. The more outrageous outfits are only IC on him of all my alts, and only for a little while during one of his “gigs.” I hope that makes it more clear.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Khisanth.2948

And give him this gods-blinding outfit. Wouldn’t be so bad, but that headgear, yo.

ANet has never been very good with hats.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Rauderi.8706

I RP. So anything I put on an alt has to be something s/he would wear either socially or in combat. I’ll don other things for fun or a joke but won’t run around in them for long if they don’t ICly (in-character’ly) suit the alt. Thus I have one alt that I RP as being a long-suffering guy who makes ends meet by wearing whatever his employers want him to to suit their party themes. The more outrageous outfits are only IC on him of all my alts, and only for a little while during one of his “gigs.” I hope that makes it more clear.

I find this endearing and amusing.
There might be a shiny gold coin in it for defeating a bandit while wearing that Daydreamer’s Finery set. :P

Many alts; handle it!

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

I love the colours and the Egyptian theme.

Less keen on the fact you can only hide the headpiece (not the shoulders) and on the flared skirt.

Especially as my both my char’s hands and her warhorn clip through it.

I would, ideally, like a slightly more casual leggings-only version (with no skirt).

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

I wish it looked like the Dwayna’s Regalia from Guild Wars 1. Oh well.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

The headpiece wings are bit too large but I like it. Looks much better on female characters, but it makes sense as Dwayna is a goddess. Definitely gonna snatch this one up.

Can’t wait to see Grenth and Lyssa.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

I think it’s completely blasphemous that the other races can regale in the awesomeness that is the HUMAN gods… When I can’t even wear their racial armors.

I fully expect that since we’re desecrating the Human Gods by allowing Charr to wear these outfits that we’ll also have outfits for all the Norn Spirits, Asura Colleges, and Charr Warbands, and Sylvari Dream States.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

The Male version makes me embarrassed for the person who made it. The chest wings look like their nipples are gonna fly away and whats the point of the breastplate design if the rest is covered?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Rauderi.8706

I think it’s completely blasphemous that the other races can regale in the awesomeness that is the HUMAN gods… When I can’t even wear their racial armors.

I fully expect that since we’re desecrating the Human Gods by allowing Charr to wear these outfits that we’ll also have outfits for all the Norn Spirits, Asura Colleges, and Charr Warbands, and Sylvari Dream States.

Oooh, Asura College uniforms.

Charr Schoolgirls confirmed~
…but what will she wear on her other three limbs? :\

Many alts; handle it!

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Nostalgia?
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Costume

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Nostalgia?
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Costume

Only through text in this case with the word “Dwayna” and “Costume” being together. More like an easteregg than Nostalgia. Or a simple complete failure to match the design in a decent looking way.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Khisanth.2948

The headpiece wings are bit too large but I like it. Looks much better on female characters, but it makes sense as Dwayna is a goddess. Definitely gonna snatch this one up.

Can’t wait to see Grenth and Lyssa.

So far these have been based on the Dervish skills. If it holds true for the other gods then Grenth should be nice … Lyssa will require hiding the headgear.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

Once again, it looks like they just got bored by the time they got to the female boots. How do boots that clunky fit with the rest of the aesthetic?

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: TheDuck.4526

TheDuck.4526

I wish the female outfit’s cloth parts didn’t float outwards the way they do. Looks like I have a ripped camping tent fully expanded around my waist at all times.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

I demand a raven spirit outfit for my norn warrior!
After that, Anet just needs to enable the Juggernaut’s effect on backpieces, so my black feather wings backpack can be mercury-coated as well.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

They don’t. They have produced multiple outfits that are not just human culture themed.
It`s just that Humans are the standard “measurement” for creating new armors/outfits. so it`s easier to design them for humans in the first place.

There are outfits that have special models for all the races. such at the Cook outfit where every race has their own unique outfit for it.

and more important, everyone was asking for this in “what we want in gemstore” threads – the regalia of the gods

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

ANet has never been very good with hats.

At least we have hair with this one (female human anyway, didn’t preview on other races/genders).

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

I meant culturally. Name the multiple based on aura/charr then.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Once again, it looks like they just got bored by the time they got to the female boots. How do boots that clunky fit with the rest of the aesthetic?

Women do wear chunky boots with more feminine clothes.

…and vice versa.

In fact, I think it’s more typical to mix stuff up like that, than to wear outfits where everything is super-feminine.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: AlphaDelilas.2873

AlphaDelilas.2873

I would love it if the male version didn’t have those weird chest wings… They just look so slapped on and silly :<

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

I absolutely love it. I’ve been hoping they’d put this in for at least a year now. For those who played GW1, they’d recognize it as the Dervish’s Avatar of Dwayna outfit: http://blog-assets.bigfishgames.com/uploads/2013/08/DervishDwaynaAvatarMonk.jpg

The fourth Dye changes the hair colour on the helmet by the way.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Lissaere.7096

Lissaere.7096

Like the outfit, just wish it had the blue glowy skin from the Zodiac Armor Skin I would have got it for nostalgia reasons without hesitating.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Kenyon.6150

I meant culturally. Name the multiple based on aura/charr then.

Culturally, we have none (yet). These Human Gods are the first ones that are truly cultural.
The other outifts were ussually paired with events such as Halloween, Chinese New Year or exploring the silverwastes in style.

Maybe the future will bring us cultural outfits for the other races as well.
Maybe these god outfits are being released now because HoT might bring something very closely related to the human gods storyline of them abandoning the humans.
Maybe A-net has a dartboard on the wall with outfit ideas on it, they choose an employee, spin him/her around 3 times and then throw a dart with actual hope of it hitting the board and not something else.
We do not know.

All we can do is ask if A-net will keep other cultures in the loop with creating outfits.
Humans have gotten the premiere of getting cultural outfits first.
Norn Shamanic gear, Charr Legionnaires, Asura Scientists and Sylvari cycle outfits could all be on the gianormously big table that holds all ideas and concepts for GW2’s future. And nothing ever leaves that table.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Another human god outfit that looks pretty fantastic on charr, casters in particular. Ib4 racist humans threaten Black Citadel with SAB asura tech. :B

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Not much of a fan of this outfit, but that mostly has to do with how I always lean towards nature archetype and visuals.

My gems are ready for the Melandru outfit

Attachments:

JQ Druid

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

overall, i dig it. looks amazing on humanoid females (as it should)…looks “odd” on men.

the helmet looks a bit too tall (would scale the height down maybe 10%-15%), but the rest of the female outfit is great.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: JUN YANG.4328

JUN YANG.4328

not a fan of outfit. but i am a fans of Dervish. i plan to get all the gods outfit.
and i really want know If Dwayna have “human face” look is that mean Malandu and Lyssa with “human face” look as well? like:

https://greibach.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/gods-composite.jpg

and are we going to have Komir ?

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

I appreciate that Anet has learned – or rather RElearned, since GW1 costumes did it years ago – how to add dyable “hair” onto headgear, thereby avoiding the baldness that plagues so many headgears. Now please release an updated top hat headgear skin that actually has hair as part of it.

As for the outfit…certainly a very faithful translation of the original avatar concept, although I hope the Lyssa one won’t be nearly as literal, as that one was, frankly, incredibly ugly in GW1.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Narn Tarborin.1740

Narn Tarborin.1740

This. 1000% this. I appreciate the new one is based on the Dervish Avatar (which means it’s still pretty cool), but when I saw “Dwayna’s Regalia” I was thinking it was time to finally buy some more gems, as the original GW1 costume of that name is far and away my favorite. Oh well, maybe some day ANet will re-name this to what it is – Avatar of Dwayna – and give me the REAL Dwayna’s Regalia… I can wish, right?

“What are we going to do tonight Vekk?”
“The same thing we do every night, Ogden. Try to take over the world!”

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Selene.9415

Selene.9415

This. 1000% this. I appreciate the new one is based on the Dervish Avatar (which means it’s still pretty cool), but when I saw “Dwayna’s Regalia” I was thinking it was time to finally buy some more gems, as the original GW1 costume of that name is far and away my favorite. Oh well, maybe some day ANet will re-name this to what it is – Avatar of Dwayna – and give me the REAL Dwayna’s Regalia… I can wish, right?

It was only “Dwayna Costume” in GW.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Agreed, would have been nice to have the GW1 version but they are intent on turning the dervish forms into outfits… Wasted opportunity there.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

No, it was not. The costume had two parts, the headpiece called “dwayna’s diadem” and the outfit called “dwayna’s regalia”

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Well I am blessed so far, been wanting the 6 gods costumes for years now and finally we got Balthazaar, Dwayna (and Melandru?) Hoping for more!

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Selene.9415

Selene.9415

No, it was not. The costume had two parts, the headpiece called “dwayna’s diadem” and the outfit called “dwayna’s regalia”

My bad. Never bought it myself, just only saw it as “Dwayna Costume” in the store.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

Can you see the difference when you’re wearing the helmet ?

http://anniversaire-magique.com/files/2013/04/Dumbo-hq.png

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Honestly I just want the hair as a legitimate hairstyle. Straight with short, straight bangs. I like that sort of gothic look.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Not much of a fan of this outfit, but that mostly has to do with how I always lean towards nature archetype and visuals.

My gems are ready for the Melandru outfit

Sweet lord, the boob action on that Lyssa outfit though…

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

My bad. Never bought it myself, just only saw it as “Dwayna Costume” in the store.

It was a Wintersday release costume if I remember correctly. Maybe if we ask really nice-like we can get a port of it like they got the Lich Outfit