Dwayna's Weapon Skins misleading?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chaser.5683

Chaser.5683

When Dwayna’s Weapons came to the gem store, I fell in love. Finally, a weapon that has reflective gold. However once I actually acquired the Dwayna’s Greatsword I was more than disappointed. Outside of the item preview and Hero window the weapons look dull and FAR from gold? Was this just a mistake in shading or purposely misleading?

Attachments:

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Of course, it depends on where you are in the world and the ambient lighting. The reflection colour may also vary depending on the colour of the surrounding terrain.

Moreover, often the hero panel/preview panel will show your character in higher quality graphics than you’d actually see in the real world.

So.. if you’re really looking for that true “golden” colour, it might be that you need to tweak your graphics up (to match how it looks in your preview) or down (to minimise the amount that reflection affects the weapon colour).

Chaser.5683

I play on highest graphics. Also, I tested this in many different places and day/night. The shading never changes. The weapon its self has literally NO reflection in the live game.

(edited by Chaser.5683)

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

This is at least howmy Longbow looks in the Shiverpeaks :

Attachments:

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: SirServed.5693

SirServed.5693

Yeah, it’s about location. Here’s the same result you got in LA and then the result you get in DR.

Attachments:

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

Do you have performance crippling reflections turned off in gfx settings like the rest of us? My puny Gtx 780 ti can’t handle those.

Chaser.5683

Turns out, turning my graphics down fixed it. Also apparently location is a big part of it. Guess I didn’t try it in enough places before jumping to the forums. Thank you all!

Resolved.

Posted by: Yunielesca.2850

Yunielesca.2850

Gold is a colour that reacts a lot depending on the position of the sun/moon. All colours do, but gold especially.

When the weapon is facing the sun, it’s all shiny, and when the sun/moon is behind it or you’re in the shade it will seem colourless.

It’s the exact same thing with the armors, when you see people with armors dyed with a celestial dye that you can barely see because it glows too much.

(edited by Yunielesca.2850)