Dye Collections

Dye Collections

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

Since Anet added this whole Collection system into the game, why not have some Dye Collections? I mean when I started playing this game, I had a goal to collect all the dyes (without buying them off the TP), and I got really far in that until Anet took away Dyes as drops and raised the laurel price for less dyes.

But really, there are so many dyes in the game, there are so many options to make it a collection. You could do collection by color like “Collect all the Reds!” or just by rarity, or by material, or whatever. There could even be like Rare collections to collect all the dyes from a specific pack like “Collect all the Flame and Frost Dyes”

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

Dye Collections

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I like this to an extent. But since I have every single dye (other than the RNG gem store ones, I think I only have one complete set out of those sets) I’d just instantly get the collection rewards and still have not much more to work towards. I have a guildie who does have every dye, she goes berserk when new sets come out.

Which does beg the question of whether RNG gem shop dyes should be required for collections … though it works for minis.

Still this is an obvious and easily trackable collection, so it certainly makes sense to make it an achievement.

Dye Collections

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Why not? Seems like a cool idea to me.

A collection for each series of the BL exclusive dyes would be very much like the BL weapon skin collections. E.g. enamelled collection, glint’s collection, electro collection.

What would the reward be for completing each collection? A few BL keys? An assortment of dye packs/rare dye packs?

Dye Collections

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

I like this to an extent. But since I have every single dye (other than the RNG gem store ones, I think I only have one complete set out of those sets) I’d just instantly get the collection rewards and still have not much more to work towards. I have a guildie who does have every dye, she goes berserk when new sets come out.

Which does beg the question of whether RNG gem shop dyes should be required for collections … though it works for minis.

Still this is an obvious and easily trackable collection, so it certainly makes sense to make it an achievement.

Well I feel like if this were to be implemented, the Gem Shop-Only dyes like Flame and Frost and whatnot would be their own collections or atleast, not necessary for basic collections like “Collect All The Reds”- so it’s just collect every red dye, omitting the special gem ones.

And I mean yeah it would suck if you already have all the dyes, but it could be fun for a lot of people who don’t have them all yet.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

Dye Collections

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Not everything we collect needs to be a collection. Besides, dyes are already pricey enough (for some people’s tastes) without the community being encouraged to collect them.

I guess I wouldn’t mind if they made it a generic sort of thing:

• Unlock 1 dye.
  • Unlock any 10.
  • Unlock any 100.
  • Unlock any 382. (Max)
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Dye Collections

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

It would add some value to the Tinted Dye recipes for Cooking. But the collections needs to focus exclusively on dyes that can be crafted. Gem stores dyes are sketchy enough as is, and many have lost their sources after the events were over. And since gem store dye packs were 75% common dyes anyway, this would be as bad using BL keys for ticket scraps, and then rolling to see which skin out of the set you would get.