Dye drops too low?

Dye drops too low?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ShadowKatt.6804

ShadowKatt.6804

OK, so I get it that since dyes are now account wide, reducing the drop rate to compensate makes sense… but how many unidentified dyes have you received since the April patch?

I think I’ve got 2 since the patch.

In the 4 months I played before the patch, I think I got more than 20.

That is quite the disparity. Was I just THAT lucky before the patch? Anyone else wonder where all the dye went?

Dye drops too low?

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Are you sure about receiving 2 unid dyes as regular loot? Not from BL chest or anything like that? I thought unid dyes couldn’t be obtained as drop anymore.

Dye drops too low?

Posted by: FoxClubNiner.3510

FoxClubNiner.3510

I feel like the drop rates are considerably lower than when the game first released anyway. In the first few months of playing I’d have a dye drop at least once a day. I rarely get a drop now. It makes saving them up for my legendary painfully slow.

Dye drops too low?

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Dye drops aren’t more rare, they just aren’t.

Dyes were removed from drop tables, so they don’t drop anymore from mobs of gathering nodes. The only way to get unidentified dyes now is either by buying them for laurels (5 laurels for one), crafted by cooking (cooking can make “unidentified red dye (rare)” and the like, combining 4 on the mystic forge gives you one unidentified dye) or from BL chests.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Dye drops too low?

ShadowKatt.6804

Removed completely from the drop tables? Meh… Well then, I guess I didn’t get those 2 as a drop… You may be right about the BL chest Vargamonth, I hardly ever get keys, so I don’t open them often, but that would seem the likely place now.

Is dye a possible reward for a story instance? Maybe I got them there?

Dye drops too low?

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Removed completely from the drop tables? Meh… Well then, I guess I didn’t get those 2 as a drop… You may be right about the BL chest Vargamonth, I hardly ever get keys, so I don’t open them often, but that would seem the likely place now.

Is dye a possible reward for a story instance? Maybe I got them there?

I don’t think so. Just black lion chests or the laurel vendor.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Dye drops too low?

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

They removed dye drops…
Some of the decisions they take are difficult to understand as they end up making the game less fun.

Dye drops too low?

Guhracie.3419

They removed dye drops…
Some of the decisions they take are difficult to understand as they end up making the game less fun.

As a trade-off for dyes being made account-wide, I think it was a necessary implementation. I liked character-bound dyes, but I do appreciate the convenience of them being account-wide. That said, my laurels are piling up since the increase in laurel cost for unidentified dyes. I feel like, for me, the pros outweigh the cons in the system, though.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien

Dye drops too low?

ShadowKatt.6804

Well, 5 laurels for what will most likely be a common dye that I already have / don’t want / can’t sell for much of anything… don’t think I’ll be buying them there.

And the chef recipes to craft a rare unidentified dye… that only has a 10% chance to actually BE a rare dye seems kind of ridiculous too.

Dye drops too low?

Posted by: Eowin Of Rohan.2619

Eowin Of Rohan.2619

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/dyes-in-the-new-account-wardrobe/

And something all players should have read 4 months ago (except the ones who started playing after that, but those don’t have to know that something changed anyway) :

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2014-04-15#Wardrobe

(edited by Eowin Of Rohan.2619)

Dye drops too low?

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

Well, 5 laurels for what will most likely be a common dye that I already have / don’t want / can’t sell for much of anything… don’t think I’ll be buying them there.

And the chef recipes to craft a rare unidentified dye… that only has a 10% chance to actually BE a rare dye seems kind of ridiculous too.

People are probably still sitting on really big piles of unId’d from the last feature pack, since the prices seem to still be slowly going up.

Honestly though, if you’re looking for colors, most commons and uncommons are pretty cheap. Just buy ’em.

Legendary dyes are a different issue ><

Dye drops too low?

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

The removal of dyes from the drop tables has to be one of the worst decisions ever made by Arenanet. It is mind boggling that they would make so many decisions that are meant to assist the new player in other areas, but then take out one of the most enjoyable and fun things for anyone in game.

Its like someone came in and crushed all your crayons. I have been in game for 2 years and this decision makes me sad for new players who do not have the joy of getting a new dye. On the days when I was having extreme bad luck and poor drops, a dye could make my entire day.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

Dye drops too low?

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

The removal of dyes from the drop tables has to be one of the worst decisions ever made by Arenanet. It is mind boggling that they would make so many decisions that are meant to assist the new player in other areas, but then take out one of the most enjoyable and fun things for anyone in game.

Its like someone came in and crushed all your crayons. I have been in game for 2 years and this decision makes me sad for new players who do not have the joy of getting a new dye. On the days when I was having extreme bad luck and poor drops, a dye could make my entire day.

I don’t know what is worst: the removal of the BLC keys from the drop table or the removal of dyes.

Dye drops too low?

ShadowKatt.6804

Yeah, if I started playing now and learned that you used to get them as drops, but now have to pay gems, gold or mats… I’d probably be pretty miffed about it. [as it is I’m still sad, but I have a pretty good range already… so I’ll just live with it]

I got both Celestial and Hot Pink from an unidentified dye drop… two of my favorites in game. I imagine they both cost a pretty penny on the TP

(edited by ShadowKatt.6804)

Dye drops too low?

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I don’t know what is worst: the removal of the BLC keys from the drop table or the removal of dyes.

I’m pretty sure keys are still able to drop from mobs. My guildie got one recently.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Dye drops too low?

Posted by: AngelDiscarnate.5489

AngelDiscarnate.5489

There’s still a very small chance of getting them from gathering, but as mobdrops they’ve been removed.
Hence why the price rocketing from 3 – 5 silver to 30 – 40 each. >_o¿

I’m pretty sure keys are still able to drop from mobs. My guildie got one recently.

I only got key drops durring the week of increased chest loot a while back. Haven’t seen a key since.

I play Fort Aspenwood, I lead the 8 member guild, Sacred Storm [Strm] I am Jason Goes Mental.
I don’t raid, I barely fractal, and I suck beyond words at PvP and WvW.
But I try, and that’s what counts.

Dye drops too low?

Guhracie.3419

There’s still a very small chance of getting them from gathering, but as mobdrops they’ve been removed.
Hence why the price rocketing from 3 – 5 silver to 30 – 40 each. >_o¿

I only got key drops durring the week of increased chest loot a while back. Haven’t seen a key since.

Key drops are rare. Dyes don’t drop, not even from gathering.

-Mike O’Brien

Dye drops too low?

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

Who knew? Most of the times changes are based on their wallet not ours. Want proofs? Simply look at any and all prices in stores, sometimes even on special it’s still a rip off.

Dye drops too low?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Unfortunately, many, many players asked for account-wide dyes. And ArenaNet listened. Thus, we ended up with no dye drops. Sometimes we have to be careful what we ask for. =/

Dye drops too low?

Posted by: AVM.5746

AVM.5746

HOLY CRAP! How the heck did I not notice the dye drops were nonexistent now? I remember them dropping like crazy when leveling a new character…

Dye drops too low?

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

Unfortunately, many, many players asked for account-wide dyes. And ArenaNet listened. Thus, we ended up with no dye drops. Sometimes we have to be careful what we ask for. =/

As much as I appreciate having account bound dyes, I Don’t think they shouldn’t have removed them from drops completely. Making them a rare drop would have been a much nicer implementation. I really miss finding dyes in plant nodes as I used to. My fav drop and I feel sad they removed them entirely. I used to get mostly dandelions, but every now and then, I’d get a dye instead and it made my day. Now, dandelions is all I get! How exciting…NOT!

Dye drops too low?

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

I could swear this thread was several weeks if not months, old. So strange.

Anyways, yes my dye collection is done. I do not have all the rare and very rare dyes, certainly not the gem store only dyes, etc. Fortunately for me I have the vast majority of colors and shades that I wouldn’t even dream of buying them with gems or laurels, and it would take a fairly significant dye to show up I would pay coin for.

I feel sorry for new players, I really do. There were some low level events I used to love to do cause I would usually get a dye or 2 fairly often.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…