Dye preview bugs PICS INSIDE

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blissified.8369

Blissified.8369

So i was excited for my guardian to look like this (changing my mixxed set so i can match radient armor a bit) and to my unfortunate suprise what i saw in the preview is not what i see ingame and its a shame it looks B.A in preview mode
This needs to be fixxed plz.

Note its all dyed celestial.

Attachments:

Blissified.8369

And this (only 1 pic per post sorry)

Attachments:

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Looks the same to me, minus the ambient lighting.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You can attach multiple images by clicking preview after selecting each.

Anyway … that just looks like the usual result of the ambient light being added to the dye.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Maybe it’s because the sun is shinning on your armor, and since it is silver, it reflects back the yellow light, making your armors more yellow-y than the preview?

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Blissified.8369

its not amibent lighting, i tried it in all lighting, its actually because the materials are technically different which the game color previewer doens’t correctly incorperate.

the preview image their all the same shades of white, in game no matter the lighting (ive tried many different angels im not THAT DUMB)
the only part thats white is the middle chest piece.

Blissified.8369

Maybe it’s because the sun is shinning on your armor, and since it is silver, it reflects back the yellow light, making your armors more yellow-y than the preview?

its not silver, all the armor is dyed CELESTIAL (THE WHITEST WHITE)

I REPEAT THIS IS ALL DYED CELESTIAL

Attachments:

(edited by Blissified.8369)

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

The previews are sharp and clean looking whereas when applied looks dull and drab.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Change the place and have a look how it affects your armor. I think you might be surprised how great it will look in snowy areas like frostgorge sound. ^^

There also might be a graphic option that when turned off shows the colors more realistic (compared to the preview) and not that lighted. I think I experienced something similar with “black” that wasn’t truely black until I changed some settings and it became darker and not so greyish.

EDIT: That was written before I could read your other replies. ^^

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

It’s the lighting shaders that are affecting the color of your armor, not the dyes. The ambient light in Lion’s Arch has a yellowish tone (blue at night) whereas the ambient light in the preview screen is more a white light.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

It is ambient lighting. If you go to the Dragonbrand area in Blazeridge, your armor will reflect a pinky-purply hue.

The daylight in Lion’s Arch and Divinity’s Reach is like the the light in Italy, a rich, luxurious yellow light.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Exactly… pure white absorbs and reflects light better than any other ‘color’, in other words, it’s going to take on some properties of whatever colors are around it. Your are shown in empty space in the preview, no other lightsources or objects for the white to absorb, in the actual game however you are obviously near a yellow light source of some sort.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Its not going to make you feel any better but I prefer the “real” version in your pics. I’ve got a celestial dye sitting in my vault because I have no idea which of my characters wants to use it.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Wesnoth.1705

Wesnoth.1705

How about changing some armour pieces? The same colour on different pieces may differ in some cases

What you must learn in gw2 is to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6npO-NoOPOg

Posted by: Backward Sass.6791

Backward Sass.6791

Atmospheric lighting will change the overall color of armor. It can change from the time of day, to a developer set area, such as Ascalonian Catacombs (blue).

That said, it would be neat if the Celestial/Abyss dyes were less affected by atmospheric lighting.

Posted by: Wryog.5073

Wryog.5073

As others said: the lighting is (maybe too) “aggressive”.

Wryog [WBC] – elementalist
Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Backward Sass.6791

Backward Sass.6791

How about changing some armour pieces? The same colour on different pieces may differ in some cases

Unfortunately there’s even a case where the same-set armor looks slightly different. Compare the Female’s helmet for the “Dark” armor to the Male’s counterpart. The Female’s helmet is a lot more specular, making it appear lighter when dyed the same color as the rest of the armor set.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dark_armor

(edited by Backward Sass.6791)

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I meant to say that even if your dye is celestial, the armor you’re wearing is metallic, so it will adopt a reflective property not found on light/medium armors, hence the yellow-ish hue. Can you try to take a picture in a dark place, say, like AC dungeon? So far, that’s the only theory most people are going for. If the armor still presents a yellow-ish hue, then it’ll surely be a bug.

(also, try checking on at different times of the day).

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Raestloz.7134

Raestloz.7134

If you want to get what you see in the Hero Panel / Preview window, turn off the Post-Processing effects

And no, I’m not kidding

The preview you see in Hero Panel and Preview window do not take into account Post-Processing and Shadows. Turning off Post-Processing will remove the hue effect around your character

Posted by: Wryog.5073

Wryog.5073

If you want to get what you see in the Hero Panel / Preview window, turn off the Post-Processing effects

And no, I’m not kidding

The preview you see in Hero Panel and Preview window do not take into account Post-Processing and Shadows. Turning off Post-Processing will remove the hue effect around your character

That actually works? Thanks, gonna try it for my abyss when I can!

Wryog [WBC] – elementalist
Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

You may wish to acquire White dye as well, and apply it to the chestpiece. Not all armors reflect light and color the same way, so having both White and Celestial (or Black and Abyss) on various pieces evens out the slight mismatch.

Most of my armor sets are mix n match, and this is how I keep things looking like one set.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Blissified.8369

You may wish to acquire White dye as well, and apply it to the chestpiece. Not all armors reflect light and color the same way, so having both White and Celestial (or Black and Abyss) on various pieces evens out the slight mismatch.

Most of my armor sets are mix n match, and this is how I keep things looking like one set.

you’re right, if i use celelstial on the chestpiece, and white on the others, then the chest piece now matchs the ugly grey-looking white, but problem is i wanted that nice clear white on the chestpiece to match it.

Now i know this is somthing mix and matching people have to deal with, but my problem is why does it look legit in the preview

Blissified.8369

And no, I’m not kidding

Doesnt work,turned off post procession and chestpiece still doesnt match, this is a problem with some reason the previewer isn’t taking into account the different materials and how dyes look and just uses the pure color.

guys my point is that the preview is BUGGED its NOT lighting ive said it 1000 times, the preview isn’t showing what it actually looks like which isn’t cool at all when your trying to mix n match (as all real gw2 players do)

(edited by Blissified.8369)