Posted by: Budchgon.2108

Budchgon.2108

Not had a dye drop in the last 2 days :-( and still not got a Black Dye

Lyssia Iceblood of Gandara – I sometimes win… but not often :-(

Dye prices skyrocket

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: dirtyklingon.2918

dirtyklingon.2918

the y accidentally somehow idk how or why they were fidllign with it to begin with, made dye drops super common for a few days.

then they “fixed” it.

and now as of last night unidentified dyes are up to 4s50c

who doesn’t love wow clones?

Dye prices skyrocket

Posted by: Kaii.5149

Kaii.5149

Between 4 and 5s were where unidentified dyes were for quite awhile before they started going down. It’s just back to where it was before.

The Owl ~ Wings of Eclipse [WOE] ~ Tarnished Coast
Join Operation: UNION [XIII]

Dye prices skyrocket

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

i was kind of shocked to see abyss at over 7g….

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Dye prices skyrocket

dirtyklingon.2918

Between 4 and 5s were where unidentified dyes were for quite awhile before they started going down. It’s just back to where it was before.

actually they were at idk what per but 1g~ got you 30. now 30 costs quite a bit more than 1g.

Dye prices skyrocket

Posted by: drifter.8453

drifter.8453

Not had a dye drop in the last 2 days :-( and still not got a Black Dye

^This
The dyes drop ratios seemed to had changed a lot for some reason, and if you do get a drop it is most likely in the blue category, not color but rarity, and you probaly had already unlocked that color.

I also noticed when you stick 4 dyes in the mystic forge of the same rarity most likely you get one dye back of the same rarity as the 4. Before if I stuck 4 dyes of say in the green category, I almost always got one dye back from the yellow cataegory. Now if dyes do drop they are mostly dyes of the blue category.

Dye prices skyrocket

Posted by: Kaii.5149

Kaii.5149

If I had to guess I’d say that it’s just market wavering due to the drop rate fluctuation. 7g is a bit much, but it’s also true that the most expensive items in a certain category tend to get more expensive as time passes. It will most likely settle in at around 5g after a bit. At least for now.

The Owl ~ Wings of Eclipse [WOE] ~ Tarnished Coast
Join Operation: UNION [XIII]

Dye prices skyrocket

Posted by: Lt Latency.7415

Lt Latency.7415

They dye drop ratios have changed, the bots have been banned heavily.

So they are dropping less and the supply is way down

Dye prices skyrocket

Posted by: Xarog.3172

Xarog.3172

Haha, I am SO glad that I bought up every kind of dye in the game while prices were low. By selling the unidentified dyes that I got instead of using them, I’m definitely going to finish ahead in the long run. :P

Dye prices skyrocket

Posted by: samrogan.9132

samrogan.9132

- the dye drop rates were unintentionally increased, this was fixed a few days ago causing the prices to re-stabilize.
-ANet did a huge bot ban last week which caused the prices of crafting mats and other drop items in demand to further re-stabilize

So this is the reason, and the prices now are where they are “supposed” to be at. There was too many in circulation before because of bots and this caused them to be pretty worthless.

Dye prices skyrocket

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

I also noticed when you stick 4 dyes in the mystic forge of the same rarity most likely you get one dye back of the same rarity as the 4. Before if I stuck 4 dyes of say in the green category, I almost always got one dye back from the yellow cataegory. Now if dyes do drop they are mostly dyes of the blue category.

Then you must’ve gotten lucky. I once wasted 4 gold or so on unidentified dyes. Also put a lot of them into the forge, and never received anything better than I put in there. That was a month ago or so.

As for drop-rate. It seems a bit low, but can’t say if it’s lower than it was before Halloween. I’ve had 3 dye drops or so, not too bad.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Dye prices skyrocket

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

Looks like it went from 2/3s to 4ish S, I wouldn’t necessarily say it’s sky rocketing.

Dye prices skyrocket

Posted by: Katostrophe.3274

Katostrophe.3274

Yes the answer to this is simple:

They accidentally increased the drop rate of Dyes with a update few weeks ago. Which substantially lowered dye prices.

So with another patch they fixed that mistake and decreased the drop rate of dyes.

Only this time, since all ANet patches so far fix something but also break something else, they lowered the drop rates far too much. And hence, dye prices have sky rocketed since not many are dropping anymore.

Dye prices skyrocket

Posted by: Lazarus.1083

Lazarus.1083

I’ve gotten 1 dye since the “FIX”, granted it’s only about 8 hours of farming heart completions, since my time is restricted this week. It still seems a lot lower than it was before their unintentional drop rate increase.

Some where in between both extremes would be just about right in my opinion.

Dye prices skyrocket

Posted by: sorae.7394

sorae.7394

I haven’t noticed any increase or decrease in dye drop rates. I still find a stupid number of them when I’m off farming.

Dye prices skyrocket

Posted by: Saucermote.9140

Saucermote.9140

I haven’t checked the buy/sell rates, but are people stocking up for the gift of color in anticipation of legendaries getting easier to obtain?

You don’t win friends with Salad.

Dye prices skyrocket

Posted by: captaincrunch.6731

captaincrunch.6731

People are buying up all the cheap unidentified dyes to try and make a profit from selling some of the higher priced ones. The higher the rarest ones go, the higher the unidentifieds go.

It seems in the last week or so tons of things have been bought up and the prices have skyrocketed.

Dye prices skyrocket

Posted by: wintermute.4096

wintermute.4096

The higher than intended droprate was what caused dyes to become cheaper over time to begin with, now they spike because the droprate reduction was announced officially in the patchnotes.

Dye prices skyrocket

Posted by: NeedsFoodBadly.2671

NeedsFoodBadly.2671

Yes the answer to this is simple:

They accidentally increased the drop rate of Dyes with a update few weeks ago. Which substantially lowered dye prices.

So with another patch they fixed that mistake and decreased the drop rate of dyes.

Only this time, since all ANet patches so far fix something but also break something else, they lowered the drop rates far too much. And hence, dye prices have sky rocketed since not many are dropping anymore.

Yeah, but since ANet in it’s infinite wisdom “FIXED” the dye drop rates, they drop even LESS now. Great fix guys! They truly never miss an opportunity to nerf players, drops and loot for no reason whatsoever.

Remember: Don’t Shoot Food!

Dye prices skyrocket

Posted by: Clem.2963

Clem.2963

Feels like dye drop-rate is lower than it was before the bug. Maybe the took the drop-rate right down to compensate for the high drop-rate?

Don’t know why they need to make dyes so exclusive, though…

Dye prices skyrocket

Posted by: HeeHee.5208

HeeHee.5208

Dyes = gold sink = more time playing GW2 to get dyes!

I wish I could refund my abyss dye or at least be able to preview dyes before buying…

It is almost the same as an ash dye, or at least, no one would really notice the difference…

I was thinking “Wow 5 gold for an abyss dye! It must be amazing!!”

Buys and uses it

“…”

Dye prices skyrocket

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

actually they were at idk what per but 1g~ got you 30. now 30 costs quite a bit more than 1g.

You either didn’t do the math or have a strict definition of “quite a bit more”.

Dye prices skyrocket

Clem.2963

For anyone wanting to preview dyes (or nearly anything else):

Go to gw2db.com
Search the item you want to preview
Looks for ‘Chat link’ (example, Abyss dye chat link is [&AgGETwAA])
Copy and paste that chat link into chat
Preview the item

Dye prices skyrocket

Posted by: Halincandeza.4610

Halincandeza.4610

For anyone wanting to preview dyes (or nearly anything else):

Go to gw2db.com
Search the item you want to preview
Looks for ‘Chat link’ (example, Abyss dye chat link is [&AgGETwAA])
Copy and paste that chat link into chat
Preview the item

i had no idea, this is incredibly helpful – thanks!

Dye prices skyrocket

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

how much would you guys pay to unlock all your dyes per character and per account?

I see the dyes on the cash shop as a gamble so will never bother buying them, but I would probably pay 25 dollars per character unlock and 100 dollars per account.

Dye prices skyrocket

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

eeeeeeh, not sure I’d pay to unlock them all. For me, I’m a collector by nature, though not usually of the things they want you to. For example I have no interest in the minis but wish there was something like the collectables page for unlocked dye (it wouldn’t even necessarily be dye storage, just a way to keep track of my unlocked dye better) because that’s one of the things I’ve started collecting. And unlocking them all would take the fun out of it.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Dye prices skyrocket

Posted by: Mickey.4207

Mickey.4207

the y accidentally somehow idk how or why they were fidllign with it to begin with, made dye drops super common for a few days.

then they “fixed” it.

I don’t know what is this fix but the way dye dropped before that bug was quite fine. Now i haven’t got one single dye since they fixed the drops.

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

Dye prices skyrocket

Clem.2963

then they “fixed” it.

I don’t know what is this fix but the way dye dropped before that bug was quite fine. Now i haven’t got one single dye since they fixed the drops.

Yeah, I’m certain they’ve broken it again.

Dye prices skyrocket

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

they didn´t skyrocket, just set back to the level they had before they mistakenly increased the drop rate a lot for a few days. They have been around 4 silver most of the time pre-mistake.

Dye prices skyrocket

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

they didn´t skyrocket, just set back to the level they had before they mistakenly increased the drop rate a lot for a few days. They have been around 4 silver most of the time pre-mistake.

This is on top of the ban wave.

Almost passing 6s now.

Dye prices skyrocket

Clem.2963

Abyss wasn’t 8g before the drop bug. :\

Dye prices skyrocket

dirtyklingon.2918

there were 3.5s ish before the rate was super high. the rates were only super high for a couple days.\

they are now up to 6s14c. that’s getting close to double what it was before this started.

it’s fuynny because many other items seemed to be affected by the dye rate fix patch and see similar spikes in prices since.

Dye prices skyrocket

Posted by: NeedsFoodBadly.2671

NeedsFoodBadly.2671

They didn’t set the dye drop rate back to what it was, they actually LOWERED the —-- dye drop rate even more.

But continually nerfing drop rates and drops isn’t anything we haven’t been seeing every patch anyway is it?

Remember: Don’t Shoot Food!

Dye prices skyrocket

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

Have not had a dye drop yet since this hot fix.

Killed many 1000s of mobs and or players so far…nothing.

(edited by fixit.7189)

Dye prices skyrocket

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

then they “fixed” it.

That’s always what they’ve been worth. At least the few times I’ve bothered to check: between 4 and 5 silver.

Dye prices skyrocket

Posted by: ZeroStatic.2176

ZeroStatic.2176

When I just started playing it wasn’t uncommon to see dyes going for 7s 50c in the first few weeks. Better hope the dye price won’t continue rising above it.

Dye prices skyrocket

dirtyklingon.2918

then they “fixed” it.

That’s always what they’ve been worth. At least the few times I’ve bothered to check: between 4 and 5 silver.

no they were below 4s beflow that for many weeks.

now they are up past 6s.

what are you smoking bro?

Dye prices skyrocket

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

My most common source of dyes is from harvesting plants, for some odd reason.

Dye prices skyrocket

Clem.2963

Unidentified dyes 7.5 silver and Abyss is over 9 gold.