Dye soulbound

Dye soulbound

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: chucky.4798

chucky.4798

Why the dyes are soulbound?

In GW1, I didn’t like the dye system, my armor there was colored only once, because it was expensive to change the color.

IN GW2 the dye system is more flexible, but it is not perfect at all. I would like to play with all 8 profession, but i don’t want to collect 8*400 dyes. It is nonsense. Therefore, I decided to not even care about the coloring.

You said in a previous interview, you know in GW1 soulbound was a mistake, but now in GW2? I lost my interest about the coloring. I would be willing to bye dye packs in gem store if the dyes would be account bound, but now I dont care the colors. That was the only disappointment in GW2. Hope die last, I’m still hoping for account bound.

Dye soulbound

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Question is, are you going to use 400+ dyes on that one character? Especially on all characters? Probably not.

Each character will probably have a theme. For instance, whenever I find pinks or purples, I use them on my Mesmer. If I find greens or browns, I use them on my Ranger. I won’t ever use greens and browns on my Mesmer cause it just doesn’t suit them (in my opinion). So it wouldn’t make much sense to have those colors in the first place on them.

There is currently(?) no achievement for having every dye in the game, so there is no worry to make sure you collect them all. Just get the colors that suit your character. And dyes are pretty cheap at the moment as well, so if you want say Red on every character, it won’t cost you much.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Dye soulbound

Posted by: LittleZoe.4970

LittleZoe.4970

Just do it like i do: Use the dyes that you find while playing

Zoe Clawstorm – Norn Necromancer

Dye soulbound

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

I like soulbound dyes. Adds more progress-personalization to secondary characters.

When things are a major chore I often prefer it to be account bound rather than character bound, but I do not find collecting dyes to be a major chore.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.