Dyeable weapons

Dyeable weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DesolateDunes.9526

DesolateDunes.9526

Greetings GW2 community! o/

I don’t know if this has been spoken of before, but what do you think of the idea of dyeable weapons?
I’ve had a lengthy discussion with a few guild members about this and apart from “ruining” the base dye that the devs and art team envisioned I don’t see any other major problems.

Well…on the other hand, that would make different ascended weapon colors obsolete and Grenth knows what would happen to that part of the game. :/

I didn’t go into too much detail. Nevertheles, what do you think of this general idea?

Dyeable weapons

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

It has been discussed before,

Unfortunately they can’t implement it now, many sets of weapons rely on colour difference to distinguish them as you mentioned.
The Mystic/inquest set , The ascended weapons , The SAB weapons, The dark shield of the moon/shield of the moon, All the basic crafted weapons.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

Dyeable weapons

Posted by: DesolateDunes.9526

DesolateDunes.9526

Unfortunately they can’t implement it now, many sets of weapons rely on colour difference to distinguish them as you mentioned.
The Mystic/inquest set , The ascended weapons , The SAB weapons, The dark shield of the moon/shield of the moon, All the basic crafted weapons.

Yes indeed, you’re right. The issues you mentioned here are enough of a reason why this hasn’t happened to this day.

Dyeable weapons

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

It may be possible however that special new weapons designed to be dyed could be added, which would be something you could suggest.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

Dyeable weapons

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

I’d be up for that Conski

In all honesty I would love to see many Guildwars 1 dyable weapon skins return to Gw2

I’d be more than happy with that

Dyeable weapons

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

It’s never too late, and there’s no excuses for not being able to implement dyeable weapons. This is Guild Wars 2. They had it in GW1. Surely the upgraded version of the game could have this too.

Also, there aren’t that many weapons that are color-specific &/or tied to an achievement (like the ones you mention), but for those, anet could simply keep those as it is – tied to whatever content rewards those coloured weapons. Problem solved.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Dyeable weapons

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Flawed arguement here. You could change the skin at the start of the game. Therefore there is no reason as to why you should not be able to dye weapons. Color coding of stats doesnt work because of transmutation.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Dyeable weapons

Posted by: Phoenix Fire.6203

Phoenix Fire.6203

Also the shield of the moon and dark moon shield look different…

Plays on Fort Ranik.
Ceara Bramble 80 sylvari engineer.
Freyr Treewalker 80 sylvari ranger.

Dyeable weapons

Posted by: gaspara.4079

gaspara.4079

Those weapons could have the important colors undyeable. The mystic/inquest is more the static particle effect than a weapon color that differentiates them. Particle effects like would not be dyeable anyway, just like armor. Ascended weapons can keep their main color undyeable but allow dying of the accent color. SAB weapons could have the handle and grip colors dyeable but the ethereal blades/gems left undyeable.

Considering a large part of the game and their cash shop revolve around appearance having to base your outfit colors around the weapon skin you like/use or base your weapon choice around the armor skins/color schemes you like is very limiting.