Dyes Still Dropping?

Dyes Still Dropping?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

I haven’t seen a single dye drop in PVE after the last patch?

Dyes Still Dropping?

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Did you read the patch notes? They don’t drop anymore.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Dyes Still Dropping?

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Working as intended.

They said they would not drop in PvE anymore (after 4/15 patch).

However, my guildmate and I have both gotten dyes from Black Lion Chests this last week.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Dyes Still Dropping?

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

Great time to craft more dyes!!!

Dyes Still Dropping?

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Excluding purchasing from the trading post, is the only ways to get them now from black lion chests, crafting them, or by using laurels?

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Dyes Still Dropping?

Guhracie.3419

Excluding purchasing from the trading post, is the only ways to get them now from black lion chests, crafting them, or by using laurels?

Yes.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien

Dyes Still Dropping?

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Sadly, yes. Not only do they not drop from hostiles, you won’t get them from harvesting plants like before either. Either BL chests (not recommended), laurels (only if you have nothing else you want to use them on), or crafting them (I think it’s via the Forge, but I’m not sure).

Dyes Still Dropping?

Guhracie.3419

Sadly, yes. Not only do they not drop from hostiles, you won’t get them from harvesting plants like before either. Either BL chests (not recommended), laurels (only if you have nothing else you want to use them on), or crafting them (I think it’s via the Forge, but I’m not sure).

You can craft specific shades via cooking, as well. (So it would be an unidentified red dye, rather than a straight unidentified dye)

-Mike O’Brien

Dyes Still Dropping?

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Thanks for the clarification. I knew about that, but neglected to mention it. That method is probably better at going for a specific dye anyway, although I’m not sure if some colors are exclusive to an Unidentified Dye. I’ve read on the wiki that it involves forging separate unidentified shades, but I’ve not gotten it to work, so I can’t know for sure.

Dyes Still Dropping?

Guhracie.3419

I believe it only works with the rare quality crafted unidentified (shade) dyes.

-Mike O’Brien

Dyes Still Dropping?

Posted by: Recalibar.6482

Recalibar.6482

I’m waiting for them to shoot up to 1g each.

Dyes Still Dropping?

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

Also 5 dailies used to give you 10 dyes.
Now it’s 5 dailies = 1 dye.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Dyes Still Dropping?

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I’m waiting for them to shoot up to 1g each.

If they ever do. The price right now is dropping. Soon, unidentified dye prices will be lower than pre-patch freak-out.

Dyes Still Dropping?

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

But it wasn’t a freak out. It says a accurate description of what demand would be. Especially given both the change to account bound AND the reimbursement.

It will find a way to balance out