Dynamic Level Adjustment

Dynamic Level Adjustment

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MangoMan.3218

MangoMan.3218

I haven’t spent enough time on the forums to see whether or not this is a popular opinion, but I think some changes need to be made to area level adjustment. I know the developers made this mechanic to keep the game challenging for all players in all areas, and I like that, but I think the decrease in level is too much. Right now the only reward for leveling up is gaining the ability to enter higher-level areas, using new items and continuing your story (or anything else you can think of).
Basically in my opinion, the level adjustment should be decreased, but not nearly as much as it is. I’ve never really felt the feeling of overpowering my opponents, which would be nice sometimes.
I’d also like to hear other people’s opinions on this. Post away if you will

Just vanquishing the hate. | Ziios, TC
http://www.youtube.com/MangoMiner

Dynamic Level Adjustment

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

Well I’m a level 74 who gets leveled down to 6 or 9 in Plains of Ashford and I can pretty much kill things with extreme ease. The current level down system works well, I’m significantly more powerful that a normal level 6 or 9. I don’t think there needs to be any improvement.

Dynamic Level Adjustment

Posted by: minbariguy.7504

minbariguy.7504

Personally I’m okay so far with the level adjustment in PVE, but I wish it weren’t so severe in our personal story missions. I could stand to be a bit more powerful there, lol.

Dynamic Level Adjustment

Posted by: Lightrayne.7829

Lightrayne.7829

You have more skills and traits at your disposal from leveling. I don’t know about you, but I can kill mobs faster and/or survive better with the help of those traits in comparison to actually being that zone’s level. Also, DLA puts your level above the mobs that you are fighting. I feel the progression comes more from the traits than the “numbers” (attributes, level number, etc.).

Dynamic Level Adjustment

Posted by: MangoMan.3218

MangoMan.3218

You have more skills and traits at your disposal from leveling. I don’t know about you, but I can kill mobs faster and/or survive better with the help of those traits in comparison to actually being that zone’s level. Also, DLA puts your level above the mobs that you are fighting. I feel the progression comes more from the traits than the “numbers” (attributes, level number, etc.).

Yes I see your point and I actually forgot to mention this the first time. This does help with the DLA, but right now, I still think it’s a bit severe. However, I am only level 40, so I guess I don’t have much room to talk.

Just vanquishing the hate. | Ziios, TC
http://www.youtube.com/MangoMiner