Dynamics Exo-suit

Dynamics Exo-suit

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

First off, I’ve got to say I love this outfit.

Only complaint is you cannot toggle the shiny floaty bits. Would be great if toggling your shoulder piece would toggle them.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Dynamics Exo-suit

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

I like it, too… it’s just the same old problem, you fine-tune the dyes and then they’re applied to all outfits.
Major disincentive to use many of them situational(ly).

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

Dynamics Exo-suit

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I agree that outfit-by-outfit dyeing would be nice. However, I’ve gotten around this issue by keeping a Word doc listing each alt, any outfit they’ll wear, and the dye order for each. For some of them the same scheme seems to work fabulously across most outfits, which aids in situational switching.

At worst, I just have to check the list and do a quick dye search in the hero panel to get the preferred scheme for a swapped outfit. It’s not super convenient if you need to change on the go but it takes very little time, maybe 30 seconds in some cases.

As to this outfit in particular: It is a joy to dye it. All the details can be brought out, the channels are intelligently assigned, and the hues apply excellently (the force shoulders do take some study to see how they’ll tonally shift the chosen hue). The intricacy of the dye channels means that you can get a fairly different impact from alt to alt.

Some outfits have odd pairings in the dye channels (like boots and shirt, sheesh). This one, however, is just right. Bravo!

(edited by Donari.5237)

Dynamics Exo-suit

Posted by: Streaks.5076

Streaks.5076

I don’t know about you guys, but I found the perfect dye composition between my celestial and bright baby blue that works literally with every outfit perfectly. Guess I got lucky lol

Edit: Especially with the exo suit, I am in absolute love with this outfit. I still wish they made outfits as armor pieces instead though so you can mix and match better.

Noob – Revanent

Looking for a good guild for PoF

Dynamics Exo-suit

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i love the outfit, it fits my halo themed character perfectly.
however, i personally am not a fan of the helmet front, a more functional eye window would be more my style. (even in halo there re some illogic helmets, never liked them)

Dynamics Exo-suit

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

i love the outfit, it fits my halo themed character perfectly.
however, i personally am not a fan of the helmet front, a more functional eye window would be more my style. (even in halo there re some illogic helmets, never liked them)

That’s the best bit imo. Very Grey Fox from metal gear solid. Each to their own though.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Dynamics Exo-suit

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Are my eyes playing tricks on me? Praise for outfits?

Dynamics Exo-suit

Posted by: keramatzmode.1906

keramatzmode.1906

The exosuit deserve the praise. Personally I kind of hate uncreative outfit they usually churn out, but this one is done well and fits in that unique and lore-friendly. And to be honest, this is the only update that have a new asura armor/outfit other than the cultural armor, so we Asura players had to resort using cultural armor everytime. Taimi outfit is too human (similar to magitech) so it’s a nice update.

If you hated how it’s a gemstore item, I farm 200 gems minimum in a week, so I saved up for this day. The economy is getting better, so I personally think it is good. Yeah it’s a bummer it’s an outfit instead of individual skin piece, but the design alone is worth it.

Dynamics Exo-suit

Posted by: Medicarejunkie.6032

Medicarejunkie.6032

I love it! Thank you for an awesome outfit! Excuse me while I jump maps and dance in it!

Dynamics Exo-suit

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

The exosuit deserve the praise. Personally I kind of hate uncreative outfit they usually churn out, but this one is done well and fits in that unique and lore-friendly. And to be honest, this is the only update that have a new asura armor/outfit other than the cultural armor, so we Asura players had to resort using cultural armor everytime. Taimi outfit is too human (similar to magitech) so it’s a nice update.

Exactly, I’m delighted to have another option for my Asuran characters that suits them so well, I wear T3 cultural light and heavy armour on two of my Asuran characters with my thief wearing a mixture of Inquest armour and other bits and pieces, I’d say he’ll be wearing this for some time.

Dynamics Exo-suit

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

Your eyes are fine, I suppose, there are players who actually like the outfit system and specific outfits. Myself included. If only the settings were less rudimentary.
/em edits signature and points at Outfit overhaul.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

Dynamics Exo-suit

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I bought the outfit + glider combo, and like both. Now to find just the right dye combos…

And I’ve been saying for a while now that I have enough outfits. Living in Arizona, I had to buy the gunslinger outfit, and now I’ve gone and bought another. Ah well…

Dynamics Exo-suit

Posted by: AvaAzul.8290

AvaAzul.8290

I bought the outfit + glider combo, and like both. Now to find just the right dye combos…

And I’ve been saying for a while now that I have enough outfits. Living in Arizona, I had to buy the gunslinger outfit, and now I’ve gone and bought another. Ah well…

Celestial & Abyss looks nice. Also Nvidia Green and Abyss

@Outfit Designer Good work, now create something revealing for light armored classes kthxbai!

Attachments:

Dynamics Exo-suit

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Your eyes are fine, I suppose, there are players who actually like the outfit system and specific outfits. Myself included. If only the settings were less rudimentary.

Well it is on both players who hate the outfit system and like it that are praising it.

This outfit is just so well deisgned and players would love this type of detailed armors for future design that have this type of special effects like the exosuit.

This is basically almost Legendary Armor level of design though it is sad the holo parts can’t be toggles off and on based on combat stance but guess that is just Legendary Armor exclusive effects.

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

Dynamics Exo-suit

Posted by: Akrib.4297

Akrib.4297

By far the best outfit, and even more surprised about how good the glider skin is. Was only going to get the suit until I saw the glider but then I had to get both.

Dynamics Exo-suit

Posted by: Duke Dark Hart.1385

Duke Dark Hart.1385

I’m so in love with it I now properly understand which college is superior to the rest. Especially when you learn the statics are the reason they lost the old city. I love how good the suit looks on Char as well.

Dynamics Exo-suit

Posted by: stone cold.8609

stone cold.8609

Great job on this! Fits the Asura theme perfectly and finally gives me an alternative to Cultural T3 armor on my Asura.

If you make Dynamics themed weapon skins, I’ll be big trouble…

Dynamics Exo-suit

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Well it is on both players who hate the outfit system and like it that are praising it.

This outfit is just so well deisgned and players would love this type of detailed armors for future design that have this type of special effects like the exosuit.

This is basically almost Legendary Armor level of design though it is sad the holo parts can’t be toggles off and on based on combat stance but guess that is just Legendary Armor exclusive effects.

Well don’t get things confused, I am a supporter of the outfit system. But usually, released outfits will be hammered, not because of how they look, but because people can’t use pieces of it with other armor.

I too bought the combo deal but I likely won’t wear this outfit for a bit until I see fewer people wearing it.

I’d also suggest some “town clothes” esque outfits that NPCs wear as either earnable via some achievement or something or just purchasable in the gemstore, although not sure if the price would be the same as regular outfits since NPC clothes don’t wear any equivalence by race…i.e. you’d have an Asura NPC outfit for 120 gems or something…

EDIT: some examples in this old thread. https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/309uop/npc_clothing_as_outfits/

(edited by Leo G.4501)

Dynamics Exo-suit

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Great job on this! Fits the Asura theme perfectly and finally gives me an alternative to Cultural T3 armor on my Asura.

If you make Dynamics themed weapon skins, I’ll be big trouble…

Yes please, would love that! Here’s hoping!

Dynamics Exo-suit

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Great design, Asura respect, but no mix and match.
Same as the Arcane outfit, I love it but it is useless to me.
Not buying.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Dynamics Exo-suit

Posted by: Kumouta.4985

Kumouta.4985

I just kinda feel bad for myself because i’m over in the corner mixing my armor trying to look good, but then the power rangers with real wallets show up in their shiny cool looking but identical futuristic suits with 5000x more pixels..

I can apply over 3 stacks of bleeding.