ESRB rating: "Blood"?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

Excelsior.

Scrolling down this forum will show you the ESRB rating and while I am kind of amused about the “mild language” tag which I can understand for the politically correct video games nowadays but still I’d consider as regular speech; the use of alcohol after having that drinking game with those pirates and, well, I actually tend to use my weapons to exercise violent deeds…but where is the blood?

I could imagine there might skills that pop little bit of red effects but that does not make it blood (as in: Splatters like a fluid material, coming from living beings, etc.)

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Does this count? Decapitated grub:

Attachments:

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Ranger underwater weapons?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vial_of_Powerful_Blood

we literally bottle it up and sell it to each other!

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

Literally biting my tongue….

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

Excelsior.

Literally biting my tongue….

I am sitting here on my Surface Pro 3 and can not turn on sound right now. Also, not sure what that is about, but hey, you might instead type it into this forums if you got something to say. It goes like this: “Hey, maybe this or that might be the reason”. What do I get? Posting an external link to a Roger Rabbit videoclip.

I know that is some weird US thing to just post links to Youtube and/or meme pictures (check the League of Legends boards for this, no serious thread there, just “What if…” threads) but I am from a time where I have been taught at school to provide sufficent information when needed and possible. Maybe that is a thing from the 90s that has gone in the times of WhatsApp and such promoting one-liners.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vial_of_Powerful_Blood

we literally bottle it up and sell it to each other!

Gasp You are right !
Looks like we also need to rate the red ampullas in sprinkler systems (bursting at 60°C) because we nerver know…

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Piranha stuff of my Engineer, but does a very bit of gameplay actually matters for the ratings? It does not seem reasonable. It’s like saying “Strong language” because someone said “kitten” once in a 90-minute movie.

Does this count? Decapitated grub:

No. At least not that I know, blood is supposed to be red, but this maybe has been changed. Else, any splatter of coloured liquid (e.g. in Splatoon) might count, which apparently does not (“E” rating). Some games issued green blood in order to dodge ratings.

So in the end, there is no real blood ingame I guess except for the features mentioned which might be crossing the threshold for the ESRB apparently

Excelsior and good day, Sirs and Ma’ams.

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

(edited by Zedek.8932)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, the ESRB board chooses the rating, I think, and I imagine that even a few instances of ‘blood’ would cause them to list it. Then, companies aren’t sued when some person says ‘You didn’t state there was (any) blood in the game.’ /shrug

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Necro underwater weapons are what came to my mind.

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I am sitting here on my Surface Pro 3 and can not turn on sound right now. Also, not sure what that is about, but hey, you might instead type it into this forums if you got something to say. It goes like this: “Hey, maybe this or that might be the reason”. What do I get? Posting an external link to a Roger Rabbit videoclip.

I know that is some weird US thing to just post links to Youtube and/or meme pictures (check the League of Legends boards for this, no serious thread there, just “What if…” threads) but I am from a time where I have been taught at school to provide sufficent information when needed and possible. Maybe that is a thing from the 90s that has gone in the times of WhatsApp and such promoting one-liners.

As a U.S. resident, I don’t really understand it either and I never click on a link that doesn’t have at least some sort of description.

In regards to blood, there’s the necrotic skill Life Siphon which shows drops of blood transferring from the victim to my little vampire.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.