ETA for the rollback?

ETA for the rollback?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: summer.4530

summer.4530

Havent seen any updates from couple of hours ago.

Any plans? tonight? tomorrow? any news? – good luck to AN and all.

ETA for the rollback?

Posted by: leveara.7845

leveara.7845

“In order to correct the issue that occurred earlier today, we need to take the forum log-in system offline for a short while to allow continued work on the issue and prepare for the roll-back. You will be able to read the forums while log-in is unavailable.”

Was the last thing I saw. that was about 2 hours ago…

ETA for the rollback?

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

“In order to correct the issue that occurred earlier today, we need to take the forum log-in system offline for a short while to allow continued work on the issue and prepare for the roll-back. You will be able to read the forums while log-in is unavailable.”

Did that happen yet? I was working but I’ve been browsing the forums for a bit now and that hasn’t happened yet.

ETA for the rollback?

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Did that happen yet? I was working but I’ve been browsing the forums for a bit now and that hasn’t happened yet.

Probably as long as the cookie in your browser says you’re logged in. As soon as the cookie says it’s expired and it tries to route you to the log in screen is when it will happen to you.

ETA for the rollback?

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2
Guild Wars 2 ?@GuildWars2 54 minför 54 minuter sedan

.@dsunsixx We’re working hard on restoring services and will update you when we know more. Thank you for your patience! ^SL

ETA for the rollback?

Posted by: Rylen.2147

Rylen.2147

Soon™
/15chars

ETA for the rollback?

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

It’s been 8+ hours already. I don’t think “soon” qualifies anymore.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

ETA for the rollback?

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

I have been playing since GW1 and I don’t think I have ever heard of ANet having to shut the servers down. It may have happened once in the last however many years but this is weird for them and if they say they need to shut it down then it must be a bad one …

ETA for the rollback?

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

I have been playing since GW1 and I don’t think I have ever heard of ANet having to shut the servers down. It may have happened once in the last however many years but this is weird for them and if they say they need to shut it down then it must be a bad one …

Very bad one. The issue itself doesn’t look so bad (items becoming Soulbound to another character) but the consequences in long term could be disastrous (with these items being moved around or even deleted) and the damage caused is huge (it seems other things were also affected), that’s why the servers were shut down and a roll back is needed.

ETA for the rollback?

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

They did shut them down once before tho it was well announced and lasted an hour or two. The restart time for servers was also announced. That was much different tho than the current shut down as that was scheduled.

ETA for the rollback?

Posted by: Moderator

We are closing this thread as this has been completed.