EXPANSION 2 conspiracy theories here!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

This is a thread for all conspiracy theories/hopes for expansion2, be it if a new playable race will arrive, what dragon, where, elite specs, etc etc

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Posted by: Aarean.5398

Aarean.5398

Crystal desert, kralk boss. They need to do this next because the lore has already set it up and it will be anets way to win over all the whiners going at it recently. They just need a good balance of attention to many game modes so that people dont feel too left out.
The story in crystal desert is really interesting with palawa joko and kralk. Maguuma was unknown and uninteresting so they need to pick it up and get strong base lore going. Enough of this scarlet storyline pick up and go style writing. Theres alot of history in CD waiting to pull tons of new players into this game.

Fenom.9457

Crystal desert, kralk boss. They need to do this next because the lore has already set it up and it will be anets way to win over all the whiners going at it recently. They just need a good balance of attention to many game modes so that people dont feel too left out.
The story in crystal desert is really interesting with palawa joko and kralk. Maguuma was unknown and uninteresting so they need to pick it up and get strong base lore going. Enough of this scarlet storyline pick up and go style writing. Theres alot of history in CD waiting to pull tons of new players into this game.

sounds good, and honestly what I was thinking too

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Pretty sure Colin will return as a raid boss. Just saying.

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

An elder dragon will attack something, we have to get all the races to work together to beat it, then we press 2 to kill dragon.

Posted by: KestrelGirl.9267

KestrelGirl.9267

Let’s start with a little background. LS3 will lead into a Crystal Desert/Kralkatorrik expansion. It’ll involve:
- Rytlock’s return and probable mistrust by other charr because of his shiny new magic
- Zojja or Logan dies or leaves DE (I vote Logan for either death or retirement)
- Caithe’s fall from grace OR reputation restored (could go either way)
- Is Taimi even alive? (hope so)
- Is the Pale Tree going to be okay? (probably, the lore consequences would be too huge if she died or became corrupted)
- WTF is the Pact doing now? How are the soldiers going to get home? (One or more episodes could wind up being a rescue effort.)
- Glint’s egg hatching (and maybe??? becoming an ally).
And more importantly, we find out how strong Kralkatorrik is and what he has in store.

The expansion itself will feature at the very least:
- The fight against Kralkatorrik, including at least one major character death (it’s either Glint’s baby or someone nobody wants to die xD)
- New Crystal Desert maps (I’m thinking there’ll be 4 like in HoT)
- A new mastery section (sandstorm stuff? protection against new and improved Branded? learning Elonian?!?)
- New raids
- Some sort of big feature to match gliding. No clue what this will be.
- QoL improvements, hopefully!

(edited by KestrelGirl.9267)

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

This is not a theory but I was hoping for Jormag next.

Posted by: SlateSloan.3654

SlateSloan.3654

It will be sold as “the second expansion” for 49.99 and nothing else will be revealed before release. everyone will need to explore what is patched in then. Good luck all!

let me entertain you

Posted by: Scipio.3204

Scipio.3204

Honestly I don’t want to go to elona just yet. That expansion would be sand sand sand instead of plant plant plant.

I want variety exploration wise. Cantha could give us just that with the maze-like Kaineng City, the restored Echovald forest , the melted jade sea (or not, if they dont want to rework UW combat) and the peaceful Shing Jea Islands.

So my vote is for Steve & Cantha.

Also this concept art is quite recent, so who knows. I find elona more likely too , but I can still hope

Attachments:

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

If we do go to the Crystal Desert, I wonder what will be done to differentiate it from Silverwastes, and especially Dry Top. We’ve been in the jungle since HoT came out, but all of LS2 is in a super-dry environment.

Kralkatorrik seems to make the most sense, thanks to connections built with Glint and the Forgotten, but I’d almost rather see one of the others, if they offer a little more variation in environments.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

First off, HoT was supposedly short on content because a lot of the development was on systems and background work for future use. So, to justify that, the next expansion is going to be ANet’s “put up or shut up” moment. If they can’t deliver big, then people will be asking “just what have we been paying you for?” Not just players, but NCSoft suits as well.

As to the plot, I think we’re going to see the races and orders split apart again some after the events of HoT. This is especially true of the orders. The expansion will be where all the various plot lines start to come together once again.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: grevinnatosseri.2053

grevinnatosseri.2053

So here is my ideas/theories. Kralkatorrik – crystal desert – sandsurfing (equivallent to gliding). Jormag – far shiverpeaks – snowboard. Or a crazy theory, going under water with a pack on your back to get you foward and city like the one Jarjar binks from star wars is from so it is not all only water.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Wouldn’t being unknown make Maguuma more interesting if anything?

If we do go to the Crystal Desert, I wonder what will be done to differentiate it from Silverwastes, and especially Dry Top. We’ve been in the jungle since HoT came out, but all of LS2 is in a super-dry environment.

There are plants and water in Silverwaste so I wouldn’t call it superdry. They could have a desert with gila monsters, big hostile jack rabbits, and different types of cacti than found in Silverwaste.

Kralkatorrik seems to make the most sense, thanks to connections built with Glint and the Forgotten, but I’d almost rather see one of the others, if they offer a little more variation in environments.

Deserts and jungles have the most dangerous animals though (especially jungles, where humans naturally and ultimately came from in real life) and the most dangerous thing about the arctic or tundra and probably taiga too for example is the very low temperature itself. It’s a fantasy game so they could come up with snow anacondas, mambas, and crocodiles if they want.

I’d like to see snow and woods in future expansions too don’t get me wrong but as far as dangerous creatures go the jungle is it. Well, the ocean might top it since it also has very venomous aggressive creatures and sharks but people need very special accommodations to go there like oxygen tanks.

Posted by: Finalfreefall.8247

Finalfreefall.8247

I think it’s going to be Elona.

Think about it, the Pact is defeated, the races are splintered, there’s no group strong enough to fight the dragons anymore without taking away player agency.
Sure, we could hand everything over to Glint’s egg and hope that some superdragon will take care of everything but… overall that wouldn’t make for a very good story.

So I think we’re going to go begging to Joko. I think he’s going to give us an army and that we’re going to get something like the pact back together, except under the ultimate control of a cool and petulant lich.

Not only does this solve all the problems at once, it also gives the players something to do after the dragons are gone. As a third bonus it would start tying the lore back in with GW1 again.

Fenom.9457

Think about it, the Pact is defeated, the races are splintered, there’s no group strong enough to fight the dragons anymore without taking away player agency.
Sure, we could hand everything over to Glint’s egg and hope that some superdragon will take care of everything but… overall that wouldn’t make for a very good story.

So I think we’re going to go begging to Joko. I think he’s going to give us an army and that we’re going to get something like the pact back together, except under the ultimate control of a cool and petulant lich.

Not only does this solve all the problems at once, it also gives the players something to do after the dragons are gone. As a third bonus it would start tying the lore back in with GW1 again.

Interesting… Allying with an obvious enemy and accepting control for defeati g the bigger threat? Very cool, ha net heard this yet

Finalfreefall.8247

Interesting… Allying with an obvious enemy and accepting control for defeati g the bigger threat? Very cool, ha net heard this yet

And then the sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Fenom.9457

Attachments:

Fenom.9457

Seriously though, like this for S4 or spansion2 mission or whatever. Branded forces spotted massing in huge numbers just beyo g Ebonhawke to push somewhere (whatever important location the hatched dragon is at, probably LA), and the pact is still broken and recovering. PC: “we need an army, and fast. The pact is broken, and the races or Tyria are still too divided to unite in time. I have one idea, but you (any npc really) won’t like it.” We go through southern Orr to the scavengers causeway (cutting past the entire brand) where we meet with Joko, who was alerted by the order of whispers.

Posted by: slamb.4781

slamb.4781

The 2nd expansion will be pre-purchase only and will be released in small increments over 2-3 years and all new weapons and armor will be exclusive to the gem store.

This is Anets new business model.

Sir Kitty Litter
[QOP] Quaggan Op – Guild Leader

Posted by: Tipper.6973

Tipper.6973

I’d like to see a story involving the premature death of Kralkatorrik at the hands of Palawa Joko. Under the advice of Glint’s offspring in LS3, we would go to the desert to destroy a still-injured Kralkatorrik, only to find out he has already been eliminated by the undead ruler of Elona.

Palawa Joko has found a way to steal / harness the magical power of defeated Elder Dragons. Due to his close proximity to Orr, he has already managed absorb power from Zhaitan’s lost corpse. In addition to that, Palawa has also absorbed and re-purposed the remaining Risen armies into his own undead legions. He used this new power to grow his empire, and immediately targeted the next nearest Elder Dragon — Kralkatorrik. The Crystal Elder Dragon, still recovering from his fight with Destiny’s Edge, was no match for the unrelenting numbers of Palawa Joko’s army. Palawa Joko now commands the power of two Elder Dragon’s, and has become a greater threat than anything we’ve previously faced.

The plot would revolve around us infiltrating an occupied Elona (via the Crystal Desert), finding new allies, and ultimately dismantling this new threat before it gets out of control. We would recruit the help of a misplaced tribe of Tengu living in the Desert, with them becoming a new playable race. We would push further south, and ultimately meet up and ally with a secret society of Sun Spears who are still active in the area, despite the authoritative rule of Palawa Joko. These new allies would teach us new fighting techniques, revealing a whole slew of new elite specs.

We would of course get the Paragon elite spec, utilizing Spears on land. It could go to either Warrior or Guardian. The Paragon would be a tanky / supportive archetype, defending the front-lines while bolstering allies.

I’d also like to see a Lich elite spec for Revenant, channeling the forbidden power of Vizier Khilbron. The Lich would be a Scepter wielding condition based spell caster, an archetype that Revenant is currently missing.

The Tengu would teach us their ancient magics, revealing the Shaman elite spec for necromancer. Wielding a torch and summoning ancient black flames, the Shaman would be a primitive brawler, teleporting in and out of melee combat while hexing foes and burning them with sinister black fire.

I’d personally love to see something like this happen. I am so tired of one-dimensional dragons being our main enemy, and I’m not looking forward to every expansion featuring them. Palawa Joko is such a perfect enemy — he’s unique, has personal motivation, lots of backstory, and he isn’t a mindless dragon “eating” magic all day. Let’s kill two birds with one stone — get rid of a boring Elder Dragon, and give us a real villain to fight.

Posted by: leviathan.2148

leviathan.2148

I already did some speculation a while ago, you can read it here, if you don’t mind wall of text: http://realmoflevi.blogspot.sk/2016/01/story-after-hot.html

So, how about not 1 but 2 elder dragons? How about Taimi joining the Inquest and us needing to work with her because of her knowledge? How about Tengu? How about Joko either against the Kralkatorrik or as its hidden corrupted minion? How about an egg being used for some nefarious reasons before it hatches (ressurecting/posessing Zhaitan and getting a propper Zhaitan fight)? How about a new pact weapon – a flying Asuran fortress?

Most of it is just a wishful thinking, but still some of these ideas would be awesome.

I am an engineer – a pianist of destruction! Now please go back to standing in my AOE.

http://wpwhendead.tumblr.com - a GW2 webcomic about a Charr and a Skritt

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

The 2nd expansion will be pre-purchase only and will be released in small increments over 2-3 years and all new weapons and armor will be exclusive to the gem store.

This is Anets new business model.

You mean outfits … that makes it 100 times worse

Finalfreefall.8247

Would Joko fight us though? He’s not really actively evil and ohmigosh the shaman sounds amazing.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

It will consist of a single new map “Really Tangled Depths” and there will be a 4 day long meta and a 3 day long “autokick” on the megaserver.
Some forum regulars will claim to love it.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

My best guess on the story is that Elder Dragons “work” like the Human gods. When Abaddon was defeated, Kormir took her place, when Dhumm was defeated, Grenth took his place. Since the Elder Dragons actually perform a USEFUL and IMPORTANT job in Tyria, to consume magic so it doesn’t overflow, it makes some sense to create something new to take their place.

There is this idea I had, that the reason the Elder Dragons didn’t rise up sooner was because of the Human Gods who took their place for a while. Their job was to regulate magic, just like the Elder Dragons, only the gods were more merciful and kind. Apparently that wasn’t good for the ultimate powers of Tyria and they decided to re-activate the dormant dragons since the god weren’t doing a very good job.

So, either the gods will come back and replace the Dragons, which is highly unlikely, or other characters will transcend (like Kormir) and become the new regulators of magic. Glint’s offspring that will hatch from the Egg is an excellent canditate for a new Elder Dragon, the other one is the Pale Tree.’

The egg is mysterious and it will be up to us, the players, to make sure it’s our ally and not our enemy when the time comes for it take its rightful place as a new Elder Dragon. However, I doubt the new dragon will take Zhaitan’s place, it will instead take on Kralkatorrik, which we will defeat in the next expansion.

The Pale Tree will recover and gradually regain her power, maybe we will do something in the Dream to make her connect better with plant life in general and make the Pale Tree the new Elder Dragon of plants and mind to overtake the role of Mordremoth.

Once that is done, Palawa Joko is the most likely canditate to replace Zhaitan, I mean he can well have a greater undead army than Zhaitan by now. The crystal desert will be a three-side grand melee, remains of Zhaitan, Palawa Joko and Kralkatorrit. The players will ally with Palawa Joko (they never learn!) and together with his undead armies we will beat Kralkatorrik! However, in order to do so, we will do some scary work for Palawa, so he assumes control over all the Risen to bolster his forces (yes we never learn!), Palawa will become ruler of the crystal desert/Orr and the replacer of Zhaitan.
Kralakorrik’s weakness will be the Undead, or rather, un-life.

Maybe the player characters will be given the chance to replace an Elder Dragon themselves, although that might be too far fetched.

Meanwhile, Rytlock will reveal that he is either becoming, or already is, an Envoy. Shiro Tagachi was an Envoy, and they used to ferry the souls of the dead to the Underworld for proper judgement. The “powers that be” decided that the world needs new Envoys and Rytlock is an excellent choice for one, maybe the player character for another.

The Envoys will try to reach the “powers that be”, entering the Mists and trying to figure out a better plan of consuming magic, rather than annihilating all life capable of magic every few centuries. What this “new” way will be and how it will affect the players? We don’t know but we will see.

Posted by: Zergs.9715

Zergs.9715

It will consist of a single new map “Really Tangled Depths” and there will be a 4 day long meta and a 3 day long “autokick” on the megaserver.
Some forum regulars will claim to love it.

Oh… so delicious.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

If we go to the Crystal Desert… one way they could separate it from Drytop and Silverwastes is by making the maps much bigger and flatter… and perfect for Vehicles. Let the Charr War Machines rule the dunes! Also – we should get some Mad Max-style body-revealing male medium armors to add some design diversity to that weight class.

Would Joko fight us though? He’s not really actively evil and ohmigosh the shaman sounds amazing.

New race added – Elonian Undead. Nobody sees it coming.

Posted by: Ariachi.8096

Ariachi.8096

I’d like to see a story involving the premature death of Kralkatorrik at the hands of Palawa Joko. Under the advice of Glint’s offspring in LS3, we would go to the desert to destroy a still-injured Kralkatorrik, only to find out he has already been eliminated by the undead ruler of Elona.

Palawa Joko has found a way to steal / harness the magical power of defeated Elder Dragons. Due to his close proximity to Orr, he has already managed absorb power from Zhaitan’s lost corpse. In addition to that, Palawa has also absorbed and re-purposed the remaining Risen armies into his own undead legions. He used this new power to grow his empire, and immediately targeted the next nearest Elder Dragon — Kralkatorrik. The Crystal Elder Dragon, still recovering from his fight with Destiny’s Edge, was no match for the unrelenting numbers of Palawa Joko’s army. Palawa Joko now commands the power of two Elder Dragon’s, and has become a greater threat than anything we’ve previously faced.

The plot would revolve around us infiltrating an occupied Elona (via the Crystal Desert), finding new allies, and ultimately dismantling this new threat before it gets out of control. We would recruit the help of a misplaced tribe of Tengu living in the Desert, with them becoming a new playable race. We would push further south, and ultimately meet up and ally with a secret society of Sun Spears who are still active in the area, despite the authoritative rule of Palawa Joko. These new allies would teach us new fighting techniques, revealing a whole slew of new elite specs.

We would of course get the Paragon elite spec, utilizing Spears on land. It could go to either Warrior or Guardian. The Paragon would be a tanky / supportive archetype, defending the front-lines while bolstering allies.

I’d also like to see a Lich elite spec for Revenant, channeling the forbidden power of Vizier Khilbron. The Lich would be a Scepter wielding condition based spell caster, an archetype that Revenant is currently missing.

The Tengu would teach us their ancient magics, revealing the Shaman elite spec for necromancer. Wielding a torch and summoning ancient black flames, the Shaman would be a primitive brawler, teleporting in and out of melee combat while hexing foes and burning them with sinister black fire.

I’d personally love to see something like this happen. I am so tired of one-dimensional dragons being our main enemy, and I’m not looking forward to every expansion featuring them. Palawa Joko is such a perfect enemy — he’s unique, has personal motivation, lots of backstory, and he isn’t a mindless dragon “eating” magic all day. Let’s kill two birds with one stone — get rid of a boring Elder Dragon, and give us a real villain to fight.

Big fan of this theory! Fancy applying to become part of the dev team? Probably better than anything they’ve come up with so far!

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Mysterious 7th dragon will show up and thats what we’ll be fighting. Or somehow trick the other dragons to attack each other.
Though most likely thing to happen will be the revival of Scarlet and Scarlet 2.0’s second rampage.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Kastiel.1947

Kastiel.1947

Mysterious 7th dragon will show up and thats what we’ll be fighting. Or somehow trick the other dragons to attack each other.
Though most likely thing to happen will be the revival of Scarlet and Scarlet 2.0’s second rampage.

Exactly ! Whilst I think most logical next move is Kralkatorik , and most clues seem to point to him and the dessert, don’t you think the coolest thing ever would be a Primordus vs Jormag expansion ? Like whilst we’ve been dealing with other EDs , Primordus took his time and tunnelled to Far Shiverpeaks for some uknown reason where he was met by the ever so friendly Jormag, and it results in an epic 3-way battle between the elder dragons and the remnants of the pact? Would shake things up and we could bare witnesses to an awesome clash of fire and ice ! One can dream ..

(edited by Kastiel.1947)