Each class trait changes Confirmed

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

It’s going to be nothing but bug fixes, typo fixes, and rewording. Maybe edit a few traits to be slightly less useless, but still completely useless.

You seem to have a time machine or a really good magic 8 ball.

I´d be ecstatic if they do nothing but bug fixes.
Including “quality of life” fixes for most, if not all traits out there.

If this will be the promised divorce of PvE and PvP traits, then this is also VERY good news!

Polish > hype

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

This is another hilarious bit of mesmerism that has always irked me.

Halting Strike : Deal damage when interrupting a foe. – Deals 150 damage and does NOT scale significantly with Power.

Meanwhile…

Mug : Deal damage and gain life when stealing. – Heals for 2,000 and hits for 3-4k.

I can’t decide whether it was more powerful before or after the recent change to Mug.

#imbathief

lol, someone obv has never played a thief before but wants to complain. Mug deals 2k-2500 if you’re lucky. It USED to deal 4k then it got nerfed. And since you want to bring up useless traits and compare them to alright ones then I’ll do the same for you. I’ll even use one from every line.

Grandmaster Residual Venom Applied venoms last one extra strike.
Venoms DON’T STACK, they only reapply. If you don’t like this then just go to improv or combined, idc which.

Master Combo Critical Chance Dual skills have a +5% chance to critical hit.
This is only useful for pistol whip spammers and unload spammers which is no one since both weapon sets are junk right now.

Adept Last Refuge Blind foes in the target area and grant revealed when your health reaches 25% (90-second cooldown).
This equates to grant revealed at 25% hp. The amount of times this skill will get you killed to the amount of times it will help you is 10-1.

Grandmaster Hard to Catch Shadowstep away and give[sic] swiftness (12s) when you are disabled (stun, daze, float, knock down, launch, knock back, sink, or fear). This effect cannot occur more than once every 60 seconds.
This doesn’t even clear the cc from you, it just moves you 600 range away when you get cc’d. This usually will put you in even further danger then before.

Grandmaster Sleight of Hand Stealing also dazes your target for 1 second.
It’s sad because this is one of the thief’s better cc abilities and it’s on a grandmaster trait and on a kitten -30% (the trait line) cd.

Now to choose some random mesmer skills from each line to show how op they are compared to thief.

Adept Mental Torment Mind Wrack causes 20% more damage.

Adept Critical Infusion Gain 5 seconds of vigor on delivering a critical hit. This effect can only trigger once every 5 seconds.

Adept Debilitating Dissipation Clones apply a random condition to nearby foes when they are killed.

Adept Vigorous Revelation Shattering illusions grants vigor to nearby allies.

Adept Precise Wrack 10% higher critical-hit chance with Mind Wrack.

I didn’t even know mesmers had that many amazing adept traits. There’s definitely way better traits for mesmers out there but I was just shocked by how many good adept ones you had and in each line.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

While I have learned to love 30 in Arcane and swapping like crazy and will probably keep it (for other arcane benefits – if they make more arcane traits viable) if it still proves worthy after these changes apply.

It does feel like a lot of the trait lines, not just in Ele, but in general work against each other more then with each other as they should be.

Heres to hoping. Change is scary but I admit it is highly needed on a lot of classes.

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

I don’t know if i should be looking forward to this, because it seems devs have a different idea of what is good and necessary then their playerbase. Well, let’s just hope they won’t make things even worse.

randomfightfan.4091

When are these changes supposed to be coming? Soon or at the end of the month?

Posted by: Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Aneirin Cadwall.9126

lol, someone obv has never played a thief before

I do play a thief — it was my second alt — and posts as lengthy as yours are SCREAMING fear of a nerf. It’s coming no matter how many ways thieves try to explain their way out of it… and my Mug does hit for 3-4k. You must not be taking into account all the might-stacking thief can do with stealth/venoms/boon stealing. If I don’t have at least 10 stacks of might, I’m not doing it right.

Men who achieve some power desire more until they destroy themselves trying to get it.—Turai Ossa
Sanctum of Rall since beta 3. Mesmer since 1070 AE

(edited by Aneirin Cadwall.9126)

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

What trait fixes is everyone hoping to see?

Well, first I would like to see them work) (the broken existing ones).

~ Engineer

randomfightfan.4091

lol, someone obv has never played a thief before

I do play a thief — it was my second alt — and posts as lengthy as yours are SCREAMING fear of a nerf. It’s coming no matter how many ways thieves try to explain their way out of it… and my Mug does hit for 3-4k. You must not be taking into account all the might-stacking thief can do with stealth/venoms/boon stealing. If I don’t have at least 10 stacks of might, I’m not doing it right.

I was just trying to explain a few things but I can see how one would take it that way. I was talking about a 25-30-x build that only does 2500 mugs without might but +25-50% damage (depends on the traits you pick). Might def would play a part, idk why a 10-30-30 build never came to mind. Must be b.c when I go 30 in sa I like to not have mug. That way I can steal to someone while stealth and not break stealth. It allows for some pretty kitten looking backstabs in duels or extended 1v1. I might be wrong but I’m pretty sure you aren’t getting +1500 damage on mug from 10 stacks of might. Other factors for sure do matter though.

Posted by: Malleus Maleficarum.2603

Malleus Maleficarum.2603

Compared to most classes, theif, mesmer, and Ele have more useful trait lines than most. So one or two traits are useless, try having entire lines of uselessness like a ranger, an entire selection of broken traits like an engineer. All I’m saying is that some of the Classes with the best traits like thieves, crying about the traits is completely ridiculous. And yes, I have thieves, ranger, necro, ele and engineer all over a hundred hours, and I have a mesmer too.

There’s some classes you have legitimate decisions to make, like thief with all 5 lines being useful, and there’s some classes like engineer you just get depressed trying to figure out good options

randomfightfan.4091

Compared to most classes, theif, mesmer, and Ele have more useful trait lines than most. So one or two traits are useless, try having entire lines of uselessness like a ranger, an entire selection of broken traits like an engineer. All I’m saying is that some of the Classes with the best traits like thieves, crying about the traits is completely ridiculous. And yes, I have thieves, ranger, necro, ele and engineer all over a hundred hours, and I have a mesmer too.

There’s some classes you have legitimate decisions to make, like thief with all 5 lines being useful, and there’s some classes like engineer you just get depressed trying to figure out good options

I had a harder time trying to figure out engi traits than thief traits because engi traits were amazing. Thief has some pretty dam good traits too but not like engi. If you really want to look at a class with terrible trait choices you should look at necro. There’s a bunch of good there but nothing special. Fear deals damage? It deals about 1 tick of confusion worth of damage. Pathetic.

Posted by: Neb.4170

Neb.4170

I sure hope they don’t talk about how many ‘bullet points’ there are.

UNDERWATER WEAPON PROJECTILE FINISHER x 20

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Okay, what I would personally like for the elementalist. All of the alacrity traits need to be moved to master traits, and then changed as follows.

• Pyromancer’s Alacrity – All your fire weapon skills recharge 20% faster, your fire attunement’s cooldown is reduced per point invested in power. This does not stack with arcane tree reduction, maximum 7.5 second reduction.
  • Aeromancer’s Alacrity – All your air weapon skills recharge 20% faster, your air attunement’s cooldown is reduced per point invested in precision. This does not stack with arcane tree reduction, maximum 7.5 second reduction.
  • Geomancer’s Alacrity – All your earth weapon skills recharge 20% faster, your earth attunement’s cooldown is reduced per point invested in toughness. This does not stack with arcane tree reduction, maximum 7.5 second reduction.
  • Aquamancer’s Alacrity – All your water weapon skills recharge 20% faster, your water attunement’s cooldown is reduced per point invested in toughness. This does not stack with arcane tree reduction, maximum 7.5 second reduction.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I’m not expecting much. The last 4 (or more) patches have taught me to keep my expectations low. However one day I am hoping that my necro will feel more polished and fun to play. Unfortunately with their recent track record that day won’t be in the near future.

I’m not hoping to become OP (might be a nice change for a month though) or having to take X trait or Y weapon to compete but any boost to our DS or lifesteal ability would make me a bit happier. If it takes PvP to make them realize the class is broken and most traits are more or less useless then so be it, but maybe at very least play in the PvE and WvW areas to see that we are a dying (pun intended) breed.

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Hmm, since I seem to be getting wings that I’ve always wanted, I might as well push it with this..

Please give the mesmer the trait to make our Phantasmal Warden ground targeted!

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: MakersMark.8420

MakersMark.8420

I’d like to see them fix all of the bugged Mesmer traits and phantasms before screwing with things more. How about making the game work before changing it?