Each race has its dragon = expansion (theory)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TYHE.6435

TYHE.6435

So…
sylvari – they are tempted by their father Mordremoth
charr – could be under Kralkatorrik influence
norn – obviously even now some of them follow Jormag
human – Bubbles?
asura – Primodus?
Zaithan had to go down first because he made minions out of corpses, so had no potential of gaining living allies. Each of the others can tempt followers, which wolud create similar experience for every playable race: being suspected of cooperation with dragon, mistrust, internal conflict.
Whould that be ArenaNet’s idea for expansions lore?

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Zhaitan rose Orr though, a primary human capital for the Gods (which only Humans really revere) so I think Zhaitan fits human more than Steve would (quaggans!)

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

Not sure what connection Bubbles has to the humans. If anything, it would be the Largos, even if they aren’t a playable race. Other connections are interesting but I doubt that the other races were literally brought into existence for the sole purpose of becoming minions as the Sylvari were.

I have no doubt that the listed ones (aside from humans) would almost certainly be directly affected by the matching dragons though, so you might be on to something.

Posted by: TYHE.6435

TYHE.6435

Please, no playable quaggans… Largos… Only largos.

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

Bubbles would obviously go with the (in my dreams) one day playable Largos!

Posted by: KryTiKaL.3125

KryTiKaL.3125

Humans came from a completely different place than Tyria, the Gods brought them here.

Charr were already long time denizens of Tyria, so possibly but there is no physical likeness to Kralkatorrik’s sphere of influence on them so I highly doubt anything like that is going to happen.

Asura were driven from their home and were killed by Primordus and his Destroyer minions, not to mention they also share no physical likeness to Primordus’s sphere of influence.

Norn were directly attacked by Jormag, and Norn are also already speculated as being descendants of more ancient Kodan that fled their iceberg sanctuaries. Jormag attacked both, and the only ones he has influence over are ones that are physically interacting with his corrupted ice.

Mordremoth has influence over Sylvari because they are, at their core, living plants and Mordremoth’s sphere of influence is the mind and plants.

No one race is a potential minion of one of the Elder Dragons, the Sylvari were immune to any kind of dragon corruption -because- of them already having been dragon minions, just “dormant” and also protected by the Pale Tree.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Charr as a whole won’t be dragon minions, makes no sense.

On the other hand…Flame Legion Worshiping Primordus as a new God (like they did the Titans), would make sense.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

That sound boring. It’s recycling the same idea over and over. Expansion will probably be around new Dragon, but I hope they will mix thing up a bit.

Sylvari are a relatively new race that emerged AFTER Elder Dragon start to show their influence. I doubt that another race will be revealed to be Dragon Minions.

What I hope is that they change the recipe with each new dragon. As we kill more Dragons, the remaining one should be more aware and use stronger attacks. Maybe tension will rise between them, igniting maybe a war between some of them. I want to see destruction from dragon. Kralkatorrik draw a huge line of corruption when he was kitten at Glint, he could do some huge damage to a large potion of the land. Primordius could make entire region collapse underground. That could create a civil war between faction with some people wanting to negociate with the Elder Dragon and betrayed the others like the Mursaat did.

I just hope they don’t just make 1 expansion = everybody go against the next Dragon in the next region.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

I highly disaggre on kralkattorik and char linking – were you ever at the brand? do you ever lore bro? Kralkattorik was corrupting everything he flew over not just charrs – with some lucky guys having will strong enought to not get corrupted “like that”

there are branded humans, ogres, minotaurs, devourers….

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Yep. The only link kralkattorik have to the Charr is that he was sleeping in their Homelands. Since then he woke up, flew to the south and he’s probably in the Crystal Desert and Desolation. There is mostly small human towns and different faction of ’’free’’ undead from what we know.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Zhaitan obviously used corpses of anything and everything to make up his army. Kralkatorrik and Jormag corrupt already-living creatures, regardless of what they are; the only things that seem to be BORN Branded are devourers and other non-sentient beings, and there are no Jormag minions that are “born”. Primordus’ minions are made out of rock and fire; not actual corrupted creatures. And we know nothing of the nature of Steve yet.

The Sylvari are the only playable race created to serve a dragon.

So, no, I don’t see this theory working out.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

So…
sylvari – they are tempted by their father Mordremoth
charr – could be under Kralkatorrik influence
norn – obviously even now some of them follow Jormag
human – Bubbles?
asura – Primodus?
Zaithan had to go down first because he made minions out of corpses, so had no potential of gaining living allies. Each of the others can tempt followers, which wolud create similar experience for every playable race: being suspected of cooperation with dragon, mistrust, internal conflict.
Whould that be ArenaNet’s idea for expansions lore?

The Sylvari are the only race directly linked to a dragon. Jormag can turn any living thing it can tempt into a minion. Jormag is the most like Mordemoth in this way since he doesn’t seem to alter Norn by shear will, but rather convinces them to accept his power at which point they become his true minions, losing themselves to him will like the Sylvari to Mordremoth. Norn are the brunt of his influence, but he is by no means limited to them and has even taken Kodan.

Kralktorrik, on the other hand can alter anything his power touches into a minion, including nonorganics, like elementals. While his power is limited to Charr lands that is coincidental and both Humans and Charr along with any number of other creatures have been altered by him.

Primordus, on an even more remote hand, does not seem to make use of creatures at all. He does not convert the wild beasts and subhuman moderately intelligent creatures into his minions he simply converts the rock and lava itself into them, crafting them from nothing. He pushed out the Asura and the Dwarves, but he didn’t make minions of them, just killed them outright.

Bubbles, aka. Steve, has no direct connection to any of the major races and is only somewhat associated with Quaggan and Krait. There is no indication at all how it makes its minions.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: glehmann.9586

glehmann.9586

Bear in mind that the Sylvari are mistrusted because they are dragon minions, not because they can be tempted by Mordremoth. The other races can succumb to draconic influence, but none of them were created by a dragon to be its servants like the Sylvari were, and so none of the other races will ever deal with the mistrust the Sylvari will.

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

The next playable race is Karka.

Karka – Bubbles

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

The way I always expected it to go was we would get a new race with every new dragon introduced.

If I were in charge this is what I would give players:

Mordremoth would give the Tengu.
Jormag would give the Kodan.
Primordus would give the Dwarves.
Deep Sea Dragon would give the Largos.
Kralkatorrik would give a new Anubis-like race.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

The way I always expected it to go was we would get a new race with every new dragon introduced.

If I were in charge this is what I would give players:

Mordremoth would give the Tengu.
Jormag would give the Kodan.
Primordus would give the Dwarves.
Deep Sea Dragon would give the Largos.
Kralkatorrik would give a new Anubis-like race.

Skritt sounds close enough to me!

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

If you listen to the guy in LA he tells you the rumor about each race being a dragon’s minion( i cant remember his name, but hes just up the hill from the south docks)

Humans are Zhaitans minions
Sylvari are Mordemoth
norn is jormag
Asura is primordus
charr is kralkatorrik