Early Removal of Bonfires

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Malkarne.8167

Malkarne.8167

I thought the bonfires were available until the 16th! I was pretty busy the last couple of days so I logged in to get the achievement only to find out you took them out early. I diligently made time to log in and get all of the events done ahead of time only to get screwed out of the last achievement because of an error you made.

I apologize for not making the GW2 forums my homepage, but this is ridiculous. I don’t even really care about achievement points, and I wish I could articulate why this has angered me so much. I guess it’s because it’s just a simple little thing that you could have kept open an extra 2 days for people who don’t make GW2 news and updates the center of their universe, but instead you chose to remove it early and punish us for trusting the announcements you made ahead of time.

This is just the straw that broke the camels back for me. This and many other little things have sapped my initiative to play. I’m not going to bother trying to do all of the living story stuff from now on, and I’m just going to take a break from the entire game for a while.

In closing, this is a great game with a solid foundation, and I look forward to coming back in the future when your content delivery is actually stable and reliable. I’m only writing this out because I feel you put out a quality product and I want you to know about decisions that may turn people away from Guild Wars 2. Thanks for all the good times, I definitely got my money’s worth.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Posted by: Silent.4378

Silent.4378

I feel the same way as you Malkarne , feel kinda riped off by the fact i they changed the date at the very last minute and we didn’t know unless we looked at the forums.

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

We understand your frustration, and we’re sorry about the errors in the originally published dates. This issue has been addressed in this post, where you can find more details.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra