Early zones are empty...

Early zones are empty...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cazio.2137

Cazio.2137

So after coming back to play GW2 I started a Mesmer. I’m up to level 17 and have seen few other people. It would not be a big deal except that some of the events are impossible to do alone. This is not fun when champions are taking over waypoints for example and no one is around to help get them back.

It is surprising to me how empty these zones are. When I played before there were too many people in them and events were nothing but zerg, now it is the opposite.

Early zones are empty...

Posted by: knightblaster.8027

knightblaster.8027

I’ve noticed the same. I suppose I expected it. Most people play at the beginning and then far fewer pick it up later on, so the zones cleared out. Some servers are also busier than others, but the early zones are fairly empty.

Early zones are empty...

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

This must differ by server. I went to Queensdale this morning looking for dead NPC’s for the daily and I saw players everywhere.

Then I went to the Charr starting area to try and get some chili peppers which are ridiculously hard to get, and that zone was full of players too.

I’m on Crystal Desert.

Early zones are empty...

Posted by: Schixeno.8596

Schixeno.8596

Try guesting on Kaineng, most zones here are nicely populated

Early zones are empty...

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

Which area are you in. The only one Ive really found to be quite was Metrica province and there was still a few people around.

Early zones are empty...

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

Since the last update I’ve noticed older zones are becoming quite populated. Especially in the starter zones, like Queensdale. I am on TC though so it could be different for other servers. You can always guest though if you feel your server is underpopulated.

Early zones are empty...

Cazio.2137

Try guesting on Kaineng, most zones here are nicely populated

I just guested over and there is already more people than my server that I see

Early zones are empty...

Cazio.2137

Which area are you in. The only one Ive really found to be quite was Metrica province and there was still a few people around.

Metrica is where I just left and moved to Brisbane Wilds.

Early zones are empty...

Posted by: Girlsgonewow.1032

Girlsgonewow.1032

I find myself on the realm by the name of Ferguson’s Crossing. In a world so large in scope, I would certainly suspect that there might be population sparsity in any particular realm of playing. Oh, how I wish it were never the case! Throughout my experience, I have observed that the amount of players you interact with is contingent upon the time in which you play. I, for one, have made some accommodations in order to adapt to this fact.

“Come, my friends.
’Tis is not too late to seek a newer world.”
-“Ulysses”, by Alred, Lord Tennyson

Early zones are empty...

Posted by: Diviner.7405

Diviner.7405

Wayfarer Foothills is also receiving some well deserved love due to the The Living Story event.

Early zones are empty...

Posted by: morrock.8629

morrock.8629

Stormbluff Isle here, every zone is empty :/ Even Lion’s Arch hasn’t had any conversation in the last 15 minutes. Somehow we’re considered High population. I’ve gotta try guesting to some new worlds.

Early zones are empty...

Posted by: Alloy.2839

Alloy.2839

The Sylvari and Charr starter areas have dungeons in them, the Asura (Metrica) does not. In areas with dungeons you get players doing map clears and DEs while waiting to form groups.

Early zones are empty...

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

The early zones are the only populated zones that i have seen. I’m scared to know what you will think about mid level zones.

Early zones are empty...

Posted by: Conner.1045

Conner.1045

I’ve been going back to the starter zones for Dailies and the Living Story, and I’ve been amazed at just how many people are running around. FA is a strong North America server but due to my work schedule I find myself playing very late at night/early morning and even then I can always find others roaming around with me. Possibly the immigration of our new friends from Janthir has added a big late-night element, whatever the reason I’m quite happy and lucky to never be alone.

Davion Hawkwood/Patronis Caine/Cassandra Amaranth
Hawkwood Company
Fort Aspenwood

Early zones are empty...

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

What they need to do is add in a krama system for being in low level zones with high level. i know they are working on making drops better at the same time making the lower levels harder for the higher level players but i think adding in krama rewards for mob kills (with the new box you can buy) you would see a lot of players go back to low level zone for at least farming.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Early zones are empty...

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

i would farm DEs in lowbie zones if it would give me the same rewards as orr ones. If not….is a waste of time.

I took an arrow to the knee

Early zones are empty...

Posted by: Pustulio.8207

Pustulio.8207

Go to “Queensdale”, Type “Champ Troll up” in map chat, then stand back, and watch the horde show up.

Early zones are empty...

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

I suppose this means that their update didn’t have the desired effect, or at least not yet. Although I was map completing plains of ashford the other day and there WERE a lot of people, so the living world stuff is at least bringing people to the affected maps. Sadly I think the world is just way too big to be densely populated. The only thing I could see changing that is map specific rewards (besides completion stuff), but that could get grindy if you’re a collector.

Go to “Queensdale”, Type “Champ Troll up” in map chat, then stand back, and watch the horde show up.

Newbie zones are usually an exception to the rule. Those are almost always filled with a solid amount of people simply because it’s where you start. When people start diffusing from there it gets really sparse really fast.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

(edited by Jabberwock.9014)

Early zones are empty...

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

Early zones aren’t really the problem. It’s the 25-70 level areas that seem to be sparse. However, this isn’t new to just guild wars, every mmo is like that.