Easiest class

Easiest class

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Renegade.6240

Renegade.6240

for PvE,PvP and WvW ?
I have a level 80 thief but I get rekt in WvW and PvP most of the time, some people say thief is quite hard, I don’t want a hard class actually, so would be happy if you could share your ideas of the easiest class for different kinds of game(pve etc..)

Easiest class

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’m not huge into pvp and wvw.

For PvE though…probably warrior. Followed by guardian.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Easiest class

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Bow bear is the easiest you can go in pve and probably pvp, though it won’t be very effective if you also want to deal great damage. (EDIT: Bow Bear is a Ranger with tank bear pet and full build on longbow. If you go full zerk and take all long bow traits the damage its not bad at all but in dungeons you will never be as strong as a melee zerk).

PVT Warrior with shield + shouts build, 6/6 runes of the trooper is probably the easiest to go as melee but again, it won’t be very effective to kill things fast.

From my experience. Others may suggest another options as valid as this 2-

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Easiest class

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

PvE: Warrior, closely followed by guardian.
WvW: The Zerg
PvP: Classes that fit into the meta

Easiest class

Posted by: Scientia.8924

Scientia.8924

PvE: GS guardian. What’s easier than never dying to mobs b/c of boons and heavy armor? Creating those mobs by pulling everything towards you. Talk about saving time…

WvW: Personally, I LOVE Longbow Ranger for versatility. S1: super long range attacks vs. mob and killing wall NPC/siege. S2: burst DPS. S3: Stealth escape. S4: push=fall kills and emergency escape. S5: area denial (players often think it’s AC fire and avoid it like the plague). You’ll never need to swap weapons.

PvP: Don’t care for it, especially since people can just swap to counter your build or run griefing turtling builds anyway.

What if HoT turns out to be the Mordrem Invasion event, x100?

Easiest class

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

PvE – Minionmaster Necro. You rarely die. I got mine to lvl 80 and story complete on 17 deaths, mostly from falling.

Couldn’t give a rat’s bum for WvWv or PvP so I don’t know there.

Easiest class

Posted by: Renegade.6240

Renegade.6240

what does Zerg mean ??

Think I’ll stick with a Ranger, I was thinking about it because of the long range and now I’m quite certain

Easiest class

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

Bow bear is the easiest you can go in pve and probably pvp

pve sure, but you’ll get owned in pvp if you try to run bowbear, since your bear won’t be tanking.

either of the heavy classes are probably the easiest due to their natural tankiness.

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

Easiest class

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

This really depends on your preferred play style (Ranged vs Melee ), but in my experience it’s been Ranger for all three.

Great for general PvE – This class boasts a solid array of weapons and skills to chose from situationally, also pets can be good and tanky. Only downside is occasional discrimination in the LFG, due to the number of bad bearbow players out there.

I run a Power/Precision/Toughness Trap and Condi damage build in PvP that seems to have a good balance of damage and survivability (it’s mostly limited by my own skills, and lack of a proper gaming mouse)

Longbow or the Spirit Ranger build is decent for WvW roaming, although for the most part success in that area depends on the size of your zerg vs the enemy’s.

Easiest class

Posted by: Kibazuka.1390

Kibazuka.1390

what does Zerg mean ??

Think I’ll stick with a Ranger, I was thinking about it because of the long range and now I’m quite certain

Noo.
No no no no no no.
No!
Please. Dont. Do. The. Bearbow.
You have no idea how much you are hurting serious rangers like me with that.
Go play warrior or something, they are super easy in every format and game mode.
Kthx

Ranger – Drakkar Lake[DE]
Full melee Ranger since August 2012

Easiest class

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Warrior……..

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Easiest class

Mesket.5728

Bow bear is the easiest you can go in pve and probably pvp

pve sure, but you’ll get owned in pvp if you try to run bowbear, since your bear won’t be tanking.

either of the heavy classes are probably the easiest due to their natural tankiness.

I agree. I meant following the zerg of course. Not like you’re gonna be a successful solo roamer.

Easiest class

Posted by: little ceasar.9254

little ceasar.9254

Easiest? Don’t go ranger. Yes they can be good in the right hands but they are best in small group setting (pvp/wvw). large groups (zergs/20+) in wvw they tend to get squished rather fast. Sure you can stand back and pew pew but your pet will die very fast eliminating 30% of your damage in seconds. There is a reason you don’t see many of them in wvw.

-(WvW) So if you like small group roaming or 1v1 ranger is great but has a real skill curve. -If you tag along with the large groups they are just inefficient and ineffective compared to what other classes offer. Easiest in this situation is guardian and warrior by a mile.

General pve anything works and easily.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not hating on ranger but it’s not an “easy class” compared to guardian and ranger if you want to be effective.

Ashr [AGG]RESSION
CD→SoS→BG→ET→DB→JQ→SoS→
Mag→JQ→SoS→JQ→TC→FA→DB→FA→Mag→TC→KN

Easiest class

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

Warrior is easily the easiest

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

Easiest class

Posted by: Barquiel.5610

Barquiel.5610

PvE: Warrior
PvP: Warrior
WvW: Warrior

If you want a class that’s easy to learn hard to master take the Warrior. It’s a super easy class with 1 F Function key. Most of the warrior tools are passive and when you need to click on some thing you’ll know. If easy is what you want than warrior is want you want.

Potenkon Zombieland [WvW]

Easiest class

Mesket.5728

Easiest? Don’t go ranger. Yes they can be good in the right hands but they are best in small group setting (pvp/wvw). large groups (zergs/20+) in wvw they tend to get squished rather fast. Sure you can stand back and pew pew but your pet will die very fast eliminating 30% of your damage in seconds. There is a reason you don’t see many of them in wvw.

-(WvW) So if you like small group roaming or 1v1 ranger is great but has a real skill curve. -If you tag along with the large groups they are just inefficient and ineffective compared to what other classes offer. Easiest in this situation is guardian and warrior by a mile.

General pve anything works and easily.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not hating on ranger but it’s not an “easy class” compared to guardian and ranger if you want to be effective.

What’s so hard about being at 1500+ (you can easily spam 1 from 1700-1800) range from the battle? There is nothing easier than not being in the battle in the first place.

Easiest class

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

If you want a class that’s easy to learn easy to master take the Warrior. […]

I fixed that for you.

Easiest class

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

Incorrect.

In PvE I’ve come across countless warriors who not only don’t play on my level, but will never play on my level. There are PvP warriors who will never play to a decent level. There are WvW warriors who will never play to a decent level.

Warriors are challenging to master, just like every other class is.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Easiest class

Posted by: little ceasar.9254

little ceasar.9254

What’s so hard about being at 1500+ (you can easily spam 1 from 1700-1800) range from the battle? There is nothing easier than not being in the battle in the first place.

(Large scale) Because 30% of your dmg will die soon as it rushes in. Plus if you are fighting anyone competent you will never have a safe place to sit and spam 1. Besides you have very little aoe at that distance so if that’s the preferred style you might as well run a ele/necro/engi that will be able to contribute damage, cc, support boons, and healing.
(Small scale) you won’t be at that range for long.

Ashr [AGG]RESSION
CD→SoS→BG→ET→DB→JQ→SoS→
Mag→JQ→SoS→JQ→TC→FA→DB→FA→Mag→TC→KN

Easiest class

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

what does Zerg mean ??

Noo.
No no no no no no.
No!
Please. Dont. Do. The. Bearbow.
You have no idea how much you are hurting serious rangers like me with that.
Go play warrior or something, they are super easy in every format and game mode.
Kthx

While bad (lazy) players are PART of the Ranger dislike issue, The fact that the class (STD Bearbow) is almost guaranteed to teach really BAD play habits to new players is the REAL issue.

I love my Ranger, but I can tell I’m playing “lazy” after extended sessions with a bow build.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Easiest class

Mesket.5728

(Large scale) Because 30% of your dmg will die soon as it rushes in. Plus if you are fighting anyone competent you will never have a safe place to sit and spam 1. Besides you have very little aoe at that distance so if that’s the preferred style you might as well run a ele/necro/engi that will be able to contribute damage, cc, support boons, and healing.

Even though I agree that a staff necro provides much more, I don’t think how much you provide was the POV of the thread but what its easier to play. But yeah, you are probably right, Necro is by far a better class to play safe since they have one of the biggest HP pool, lot of fear, chill and other forms of CC and their mechanic pretty much lets them play with 2 HP bars.- Necro could be in fact much easier than a bow ranger for PVP but for PVE I keep a bow bear ranger on the podium as the easiest pve class to play.

Easiest class

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

You don’t just, make a thread like this an expect non-kitten comments to be absent. Without any swearing or name-calling this will soon turn into a hate thread, I’m almost certain of it….warrior

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Easiest class

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

warrior,
advertised as the easiest class to learn.
Suggested as the class to start of it, ..

so yeah, warrior.
In terms of ease, this is how the classes are listed.

Warrior> Guard> Necro> Ranger > Mesmer >Thief >Engie >Ele.

Easiest class

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

PvE: Warrior
WvW: Warrior
PvP: Warrior

“lfg <dungeon> <path> no rangers”

Easiest class

Posted by: funkylovemonkey.3097

funkylovemonkey.3097

If you’re properly outfitted and traited toward damage, your pet should only be around 15% of your damage. Losing your pet in WvW can be mitigated by taking in ranged pets who don’t rush into the middle of a zerg but hang back and have some useful skills of their own. Barrage is a decent not great AOE (compared to engineers, elementalists or necros), but its fine, provides cripple, and range isn’t a problem at 1500. With spirits and spotter you can contribute quite a bit to the group as well.

However I don’t think I would suggest Rangers as a starting place, especially not in WvW. PVE is easy enough that any profession will do. But I don’t think Rangers are “easy” in that there is less room for error. Warriors and Guardians are a bit more forgiving.

Also Rangers are generally not welcome in dungeons, which is something to consider.

Also, OP, if you do decide to roll a Ranger and use a longbow, please be judicious in your use of Point Blank Shot. Lots of Rangers overuse this skill without thinking, and while it’s a nice skill in certain situations, you’ll annoy any nearby melee users if they’re also fighting your target.

(edited by funkylovemonkey.3097)

Easiest class

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

what does Zerg mean ??

I wouldn’t get too attached to the bow if I were a ranger. In all honestly bows, particularly long bows, are the worst weapon offered to the profession.

It’ll get you through most open world content, because most open world content is dead easy. It’ll allow you to hit targets from towers in WvW. Anywhere else it’s just plain bad, and you’ll regret depending on it.

Dungeon groups will kick you immediately if they see a long bow, and in my mind rightly so. In SPvP it’s all but useless.

Learn to kite and learn when to dodge, and learn how to use defensive skills, condition removal and stability. That’s how you play this game.

Easiest class

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

You guys are waaay too harsh on bow using Rangers. It’s not ideal DPS for sure, but I’ve seen quite a few players in sPvP who were absolutely deadly with both long and short bows. Outside of dungeons it’s a solid option for players who want to attack from a distance and aren’t overly concerned with min-maxing everything. As long as you can stay alive and are having fun, I’d say go with it.

Also, Warrior is kind of an overrated class. Good DPS, but certainly not top tier, and not always that much fun to play.

Easiest class

Posted by: Claudius.5381

Claudius.5381

If you want only one profession for all three modes (as I do), I recommend guardian. He is
very survivable, makes very decent damage and the skill floor is quite low. You get 90% of the power with 20% of knowledge

Easiest class

Posted by: Amnariel.3659

Amnariel.3659

Warrior for all=PvE-Greatsword build,WvW-Anything Zerg,PvP=Hambow build
Guardian=PvE-Really dunno but 1 weapon must be staff,WvW-Anything,PvP=Condi Bunker build
Necro/Thief=PvE-Not really works ’’well’’,WvW=as you wish,PvP-Necro-Condi-Mark build or well,Thief dual dagger for begginer noobs for Backstab/Heartseeker spamm or for ppl with some experience Sword-Dagger build on evade.

Mesmer/Engineer rulz all if you know how to play them well.Many you won’t defeat in 1v1 not in this life nor in the next 4-5 or more.

Easiest class

Posted by: Vienna.1579

Vienna.1579

I am a newbie. So far I’ve played with a Ranger (longbow), is lvl 30. I also created a wizzard (elementalist), now in lvl 10 and I have to say, so far the ranger was to me way, way more easy & funny to play as the elementalist, it seems everything is with the elementalist much harder & takes longer to do it. I hope the elementalist will become a little bit stronger in the next lvl’s.

Easiest class

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Easy
PvE most classes except thief, elementalist and mesmer
WvW well necro/reaper, guardians/dragonhunter, revenant/herald, scrapper,
PvP welll….. Dunno…. meta shifts a lot…

Most dmg
PvE: elementalist, guardian burning PBAOE, ranger burning PBAOE , engineer burning, well excecuted Berserker….
WvW whatever stays alive

Most cheesy
Anywhere: Thief conditions, PU condi mesmer, (Burning stackers?)

Most technical
Anywhere PU mesmer, thief, elementalists, guardian, engineer and some more…

Ele’s will stay squishy until they have decent traits unlocked (fire/water/lightning or fire/water/arcane) and they’ll be one of the most powerfull classes, play styles vary, with a lot of people preferring Staff (DPS) but D/D is very nice as well, as are celestal builds @lvl 80, unfortunately the celestial armor is very timegated… both exotic and ascneded

In general dying can be very easily avoided by using some toughness in your stats 2 stat(power/ toughness) 3 stat:(power toughness precision)/(power toughness ferocity) as long as you are not confronted with condi builds, move out of circles and make sure you try to learn to dodge….

Potential max dmg from elementalist is about 2-4 (at least) times of the dmg of a ranger and in cases where you think you’ll need a pet you can cast an elemental (or 2) and make use of additional options….

earth elementals are tanky melee DPS is not so high…
fire elementals midrange/melee and provide best DPS (and might (lesser))
lightning elementals are ranged
water elementals are ok for slowing (minor) and healing (large one), but I generally prefer others

In cases where you’d think your DPS would be not enough you could get ogre pet histles and fire elemental powder giving you short duration acces to 4 minions (2 elementals, 1 ember, 1 pet) or 3 in case of ranger (1 ember, 2 pets, 1 controllable))

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)