Easiest profession for limited dexterity?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: FeaiShadow.3096

FeaiShadow.3096

I’ve played since beta but due to a medical problem my own dexterity is reducing. This will only get worse, so I’m looking to create a brand new character that is easier for me to play on days when my reactions are sluggish.

What would be the best class? Happy to try something new

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

You could try a bunker ele, or the fallback of warrior. It will be tough if you want to play in the HoT zones. You could always play the old zones when you are not feeling so well.

Posted by: moomooo.9357

moomooo.9357

I definitely suggest warrior. They’re tanky, very simple and the PS(Phalanx Strength) warrior usually brings 2 banners(long cd, drop and forget sort of deal). So you only really need to focus on your main bar. It’s doubly good because PS warriors are sought after in all forms of content in the game(except pvp).

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I definitely suggest warrior. They’re tanky, very simple and the PS(Phalanx Strength) warrior usually brings 2 banners(long cd, drop and forget sort of deal). So you only really need to focus on your main bar. It’s doubly good because PS warriors are sought after in all forms of content in the game(except pvp).

This is your best option. Warrior basically sets up his banners at the beginning of a fight and then just uses auto attack and one other button to do 90% of his utility and dps.

It is also a highly desired class with good toughness and good damage.

Posted by: Jack.4082

Jack.4082

Necro could be good. You have a high health point pool and additional a second. Especially as minion master you can skill quite defensive. Reaper is awesome to play and you can choose if you want to play condi or power.

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

I swear to god this thread with the exact same wording has to have happened before. I got this déjà-vu thing going on strongly.

But for your question, I’d suggest Revenant/Herald (Warrior if you don’t own HoT). Heavy armor with innate highest damage reduction, medium to high health pool and both bring party utility with ease.

Revenant has the bonus of an OP ranged weapon that obliterates trash in 2 hits before it can come even close to you. Plus you will be able to give yourself an allies permanent Protection to boot. And some might along the way.

Posted by: Petrol.9086

Petrol.9086

Necromancer is extremely tough, even in full zerker so it’s very forgiving. You can simply face tank things that would kill squishier classes thanks to your Shroud and passive healing through bloodmagic/minions. Both scepter and dagger are also very auto attack based weapons so doesn’t require much finger gymnastics either. Reaper is abit more involved but still very tough with skills like “Rise!” that summons minions that absorb damage for you.

Revenant is also a good choice since it’s very passive and strong. Especially when using sword.

And like the others said, Warrior is also a good choice if you use the Axe. Using GS you’ll wanto press several buttons in quick succession if you want to play it well, but it’s a very easy proffession to get a hang off.

(edited by Petrol.9086)

Posted by: FeaiShadow.3096

FeaiShadow.3096

Thanks everyone!

Posted by: Blooperz.6145

Blooperz.6145

I swear to god this thread with the exact same wording has to have happened before. I got this déjà-vu thing going on strongly.

But for your question, I’d suggest Revenant/Herald (Warrior if you don’t own HoT). Heavy armor with innate highest damage reduction, medium to high health pool and both bring party utility with ease.

Revenant has the bonus of an OP ranged weapon that obliterates trash in 2 hits before it can come even close to you. Plus you will be able to give yourself an allies permanent Protection to boot. And some might along the way.

I really would recommend against following this advice, unless all you plan on doing is AA’ing on the Rev and you don’t care about getting the most out of the character you are playing (in which case play any profession). Reaper is much more forgiving for low dexterity (“ranged” in general is, and if u plan on playing rev solely as ranged you will be disappointed).

IMO, Druid or reaper, both have great sustain/tankiness and do well solo. Staff fire Ele is VERY easy (by easy I mean the DPS rotation is basically 3 buttons, with a few additions added to the core depending on build), but Ele is also much squishier than a reaper so it really depends on how you like to play and whether you tend to lean towards condo or power.

TLDR: If you have dexterity issues stick with a ranged class if you are running stuff like fractals /raids…you will have less things to worry about dodging/avoiding. REAPER REAPER REAPER! …Reaper does great condi damage, is pretty fun/viable as power if that is more your beat, and has pets to help tank!

Posted by: Glass Hand.7306

Glass Hand.7306

Revanent sword and hammer-2 are getting nerfed so I’d be skeptical that it is as good a choice as warrior.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I kind of hate to say it, but Bearbows became known for a reason…

Rangers with bows and tanky pets allow for “careless” play. Or, in this case, play with less dexterity. Bear pets are easy to get, too. If you don’t need quite that much tanking, then use a different pet for less tank/more damage, and change to bow/Greatsword.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Warrior, or even ranger. As you can keep the danger at range and take it down before it gets to you.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

id say reverant or guardian i find both very forgiving due to my lack of dexterity warrior not so much. necro and ranger aren’t bad but i find ranger being a bow ranger stinks i do the best with guardian

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

you could try full cavalier reaper, heavy damage range classes, or whatever the bunker meta is modified for pve.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Rangers with bows and tanky pets allow for “careless” play. Or, in this case, play with less dexterity. Bear pets are easy to get, too. If you don’t need quite that much tanking, then use a different pet for less tank/more damage, and change to bow/Greatsword.

Pretty much this.

All the rest of you are terrible for giving such terrible advice.

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

I also have problems with dexterity sometimes and find ranged combat is much more forgiving than melee as less worry about positioning and less hectic in general, I know Ele is considered a complex class but if you go staff you tend to stay in 2 attunements and can still do a lot with aoe and have some control with earth and water – best to be in groups though with some melee to take the attention from you…

Posted by: Sthenith.5196

Sthenith.5196

Limited dexterity = less movement as possible, or less strain.

Use ranger. target enemy, press healing spring, press 1, let pet tank while you keep hitting.
It’s a ‘fire and forget’ kinda thing. No strain, hardly any dodging needed, a no brainer really.

Warrior might be an easy class, but you still need dodges and the likes. Any other profession as advice is a really really bad idea. Really bad. (dex wise)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I haven’t tried Revenant since beta but at least as it stood then I wouldn’t call it low dexterity, not in the sense of needing to hit just a couple of buttons. The way it was, you had to swap between two legends fairly often, and once weapon swap was added in the profession got some much-needed flexibility at the cost of having to track which weapon/utility pairing you had and change up which buttons you hit accordingly. That moved it (for me) up towards Ele/Engie complexity, making it far too easy to hit the wrong buttons because I thought I was in one setup when I’d swapped to another. Mental dexterity affects things too

Guardian (not DH) seems to have longer cooldowns than other professions, as well as a lot of damage mitigation, so it doesn’t require as frenetic a pace. But I’ll concur with others above and suggest Reaper. It’s meant to be a slow, inexorable class, so the windups are long yet satisfying in the payoff, and if you trait into the auto-shroud on lethal blows you have a wonderful safety net. Heck, I don’t even die when DS closes, I just reappear in Shroud ready to rez others.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

While it’s not the same cause, the solution might be similar: I suffer near constant 2-5 second lag spikes, spaced with exactly 3 seconds of good ping rate, meaning I have to choose my actions carefully and cannot rely on ‘twitch gameplay’ whatsoever.

Under those conditions nothing beats a ranged necromancer with minions. You basically need one click to engage and then your auto-attack and the horde of slavering undead following you around can do the rest with complete disregard to positioning. I recommend the much maligned axe for a main hand (focus off hand) as the auto attack stacks vulnerability which sets up your horde nicely even if you’re effectively afk most of the fight. Necros can be ridiculously rugged with their high HP and the trait that gives bonus toughness for each minion you have out.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Rukia.9860

Rukia.9860

Play a ranger and you can literally be 100% effective by autoattacking with longbow and pressing 2 once in a while.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Necro, Warrior, Guardian, Ranger are all rather easy to play and forgiving. I would highly advise against Engineer, Elementalist as they need a lot of microing to be effective.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Amaranthe.3578

Amaranthe.3578

ranger with a bulky pet

Posted by: Aiglos.2907

Aiglos.2907

Yeah… Warrior and Ranger came to mind for me.
Maybe minion master Necromancer?

Stay away from Elementalist, Engineer and possibly Mesmer!!
You might get away with staff ele and lava font spam… but they’re quite squishy so…

I would say Warrior or Ranger.

Fear the might of Shatterstone!

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

You’ll want to avoid anything requiring ground targeting, which actually is a big down-tick for Ranger longbow or Warrior longbow. Warrior rifle is a hybrid ranged/melee weapon and they have no pet.

Seriously, Necro minion-master is where its at. Axe/focus has no ground targeting. You’re whole right-hand skill tray is fully automated. It’s a breeze.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

(edited by Nike.2631)

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

Pretty much this.

All the rest of you are terrible for giving such terrible advice.

Minionmancers are not a bad idea. Those are my recommendation too. Bearbow Rangers are also a good choice, but building a Knights, Cleric, or Rabid Minionmancer will allow facerolling of all but the most difficult challenges.

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

Heh, I totally forgot about ranger. If you don’t want party utility at all just go for bearbow.

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Actually Engineer not bad if one considers all of the passives that can kick in if you make a mistake or are slow to respond. The more passives there are the less onus there is on instant reactions. (regens or invulns/blocks that kick in at certain thresholds)

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

Actually Engineer not bad if one considers all of the passives that can kick in if you make a mistake or are slow to respond. The more passives there are the less onus there is on instant reactions. (regens or invulns/blocks that kick in at certain thresholds)

The problem with Engineer is the F1-F5 skills. The only engineer spec that might be okay would be a Rifle Turreteer for the same reason a Minion Master might be; less-active utility skill management and reduced need to use toolbelt skills since half the time they only blow your turrets up (which you don’t want to do).

If you run an Alchemy/Inventions build with none of the active Alchemy traits you would be a beast of a tank, and since turrets don’t scale with your stats they work quite nicely for this. Otherwise, Teslas, Grenadiers, and HGH builds are too much clicking.