Easiest to hardest prof. to use well?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Noctis.2738

Noctis.2738

Can you rank the professions from easiest to hardest in terms of ease of use effectively? Thanks in advance.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Easiest to Hardest:

1. Warrior
2. Ranger
3. Guardian
4. Thief
5. Elementalist
6. Necromancer
7. Engineer
8. Mesmer

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: captaincrash.6528

captaincrash.6528

Easiest to Hardest:

1. Warrior
2. Ranger
3. Guardian
4. Thief
5. Elementalist
6. Necromancer
7. Engineer
8. Mesmer

Yep I think this post is pretty spot on. Maybe Mesmer a bit lower down though would be the only thing I’d change.

Crash ~ Charr Reaper

Posted by: SafiMoyo.5130

SafiMoyo.5130

Open world PvE, dungeons/fractals, WvW, or s/tPvP? The answer will very pending on which you choose…

Champion Hunter

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Personally Ive always had the feeling the Elementalist had the highest skill cap. That said, this:

Open world PvE, dungeons/fractals, WvW, or s/tPvP? The answer will very pending on which you choose…

makes a big difference.

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

Easiest to Hardest:

1. Warrior
2. Ranger
3. Guardian
4. Thief
5. Elementalist
6. Necromancer
7. Engineer
8. Mesmer

I’d say guard and ranger swap, mesmer go to 4. That is just a general list but everything would be different if this was specific to each game type.

Ex. in Tpvp, warrior and thief would be near the bottom and guard/engi would be at the top. WvW zerg fest, guard and mesmer would be at the top.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

id say

1 ranger
2 warrior
3 guardian
4 mesmer
5 necro
6 thief
7 elementalist
8 engineer

my first three you could just jump in and do it no problem they are so close to you could switch them around in order one to three. second three more thought required but once you got the curve no problem.they all have there own play style depending how you want to play them which takes a bit but once you got it they are easy my last two takes some levels to figure out a playstyle but after you understand what your doing they are easy too.

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

From easy to hard:
Warrior
Ranger
Guardian
Necromancer
Mesmer
Elementalist
Thief
Engineer

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Mine – from easiest to hardest

Guardian
Warrior
Ranger
Elementalist
Mesmer
Necromancer
Thief
Engineer

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: Nocturnal.5023

Nocturnal.5023

Only played 4 of these classes to level 80. This would be my ranking from easiest to hardest.

Guardian
Warrior
Mesmer
Thief

youtube.com/hungryasuras

Posted by: Salt.4621

Salt.4621

Hardest would be Warrior and then probably Ranger.

“Your face is funny. All squished and weird.”

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

I disagree with allot of the posts above. The OP asked for a prof that would be “used well”.
In my opinion ranger and guardian are not that easy to use ‘well’.

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Easiest to Hardest:

1. Warrior
2. Ranger
3. Guardian
4. Thief
5. Elementalist
6. Necromancer
7. Engineer
8. Mesmer

I agree with this list pretty well. Ranger and Guardian could be switched out if you wanted, as well as elementalist and necro, but this is the general idea of it. Thief can shoot up to the top if you are talking about PvP.

Warrior, guardian and Rangers are by far the easiest to use well. They are pretty simplistic and straight forward in design and gameplay, and usually the perfect classes for first time MMOers or MMOers who aren’t interested in having to keyboard dance.

Thief is also pretty straight forward, but it has the added bonus of being squishy and lacking AOE utility or weapon attacks.

Elementalist, Engineer and Mesmer get into a whole new line of difficult, however. These classes introduce far more buttons that need to be kept up with, while still being limited to the same and often LESS dps than the top 4 classes. So as opposed to classes 1-4, which require 2-4 button rotations for max DPS, these require 8-10 buttons for max rotation (element switching, kit swapping and clone exploding) to achieve max DPS.

Ele, while more squishy than engie, has more utility and more damage (which is sad to say considering how little damage it really does in some weapon specs. It requires some serious keyboard dancing to play right. It can be downright exhausting playing one. LOTS of ground target AOE, as well, depending on your weapon.

Necro is on par with the 1-4 classes on keyboard dancing, but it’s just weak. WEAK. Playing a necro well means handling playing a massively underdog class. To play a necro well requires more luck than anything… And if you go staff, prepare for hardcore ground target AOE.

Engineer requires a lot of keyboard dancing as well. Between the kit swapping and keeping up with the toolbelt, a good engineer will never have idle fingers. Like their Ele and Necro counterparts, lots of ground target AOE here, too. These guys are pretty high on the list not only because of the above listed reasons, but also because of their general lack of DPS. They’ve been nerfed into oblivion since release, turning them into a pure utility class. Even the best engineer couldn’t expect to produce the same DPS, in any situation, as an equally skilled/geared warrior. The class just isn’t designed to do that.

And finally the mesmer. In PvE, Mesmers are squishy, have funky cooldowns and deal as much damage as a 6 year old girl with a foam sword. Their “clones” run around with huge neon signs saying “I AM NOT THE ORIGINAL”, so don’t expect to trick anyone with it, and die at the slightest gust of a breeze. I’ve played one of each class to higher levels, with 1 exception: Mesmer. It was just too… annoying.

(edited by Tolmos.8395)

Posted by: Ghettoblade.7962

Ghettoblade.7962

Well for me it was
Ranger-Pet takes most of the aggro,so long as you know how to control it,plus your ranged
Mesmer-clones(very nice distraction),decent burst,and a good way to learn how to dodge.
Guardian-lots of protection spells.
Necro-Minions,again(nice distraction).Fear.
Warrior-no brain play..sorry warriors but it is an easy rotation.
Engi.Hard to pin down at first.Turrets,again(nice distraction).Net or glue shot,help alot.Another prof. to practice dodging.

Didnt really like Thief or ele
I died less on my Mes than i did on my Warrior.

(edited by Ghettoblade.7962)

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

It depends so very much on the format.

Warrior, as an example, is really easy to use well in PvE, pretty medium-difficulty in WvW particularly in zerg fights, and very difficult in PvP due to the amount of team support to make you worth your salt and the timing of your bursts.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Ainianu.5693

Ainianu.5693

as a general all-round i would list the following in terms of how easy/difficult they are to get to grips with the basics. Note this is to ‘play effectively’ not to master all aspects some classes are harder to play the basics than others yet others have a higher skill ceiling imo.

Easiest
1:Warrior
2:Guardian
3:Ranger
4:Thief
5:Necromancer
6:Mesmer
7:Engineer
8:Elementalist
Hardest

I ranked Elementalist as harder to play the basics as there is 4 attunements to get used to, and likewise Engineer has a similar thing with the F keys being different depending on what skills you have loaded and you have to get used to those also. Of course once you learn all these basics the list would change dramatically

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

1- easiest
8-hardest

1. Warrior
2. Ranger
3. Guardian
4. Thief
5. Elementalist
6. Necromancer
7. Mesmer
8. Engineer

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

900+ hours in the game playing only mesmer and I’m still trying to get the hang of it…

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org