Easiest way to get Siege Commander's Spoon

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

As the title says really.

I’ve no interest in playing any WvW at all but I am interested in the precious mastery point that comes with completion of the spoon collection and, somewhat annoyingly, that means I do need to play a bit of WvW. The question is, which bit is most likely to produce the spoon? I dived into a random one and followed the zerg for a while but I only saw one of the NPCs that can drop the spoon and he was dead long before I got to him. After that the WvW experience was mostly one of repeated frustration, confusion and death.

Any tips, bearing in mind I really don’t want to spend any longer in that game mode than I need to?

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Join karmatrain on saturday and you will have your spoon pretty fast.

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Jump into EotM and join the K-Train is has a fairly high drop rate in there, you should get it within 5-10 caps.

Posted by: Mishoo.5918

Mishoo.5918

Just go to EoTM. Follow the zerg, assault a structure. Rush to the lord. Tag the lord, get the spoon. Get out of there.

DoctorDing.5890

Thanks folks. A clear consensus there.

Posted by: Little Leota.5849

Little Leota.5849

Hey DoctorDing, I’m in the same boat as you – I’d like to get the spoon so it can go towards the achievement. Not really interested in WvW beyond that. Please let me know how it goes for you.

DoctorDing.5890

Well, after a fairly miserable 90 minutes I have to say that I’m spoonless and none the wiser. I followed a comm-led zerg. We battered down lots of gates, beat lots of champs and got a bit of loot. The score looked OK but at no point did I see anything with “Lord” in the title nor any of the other Spoon droppers listed on the wiki.

So I’m scratching my head a bit.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Well, after a fairly miserable 90 minutes I have to say that I’m spoonless and none the wiser. I followed a comm-led zerg. We battered down lots of gates, beat lots of champs and got a bit of loot. The score looked OK but at no point did I see anything with “Lord” in the title nor any of the other Spoon droppers listed on the wiki.

It took me about 3 days of zerging around EotM to get my spoon. I wasn’t even trying for it, rather, I was grinding my WvW rank to 14 so I could buy a gift of battle. Keep at it, you’ll get it eventually as long as your zerg is hitting the enemy keeps.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

DoctorDing.5890

Noob question: Is a “keep” a specific structure or is it a generic term for the various structures you can capture? I ask because at no point did we capture anything that was called a keep. That might be why I have yet to see a Lord so I may have spent that 90 minutes and never even had a chance of a spoon.

Little Leota.5849

Yeesh. That’s discouraging. Well, I suppose if it were ‘easy’, it wouldn’t be worthy of an achievement. Still, the thought of playing WvW for hours, and even days, to get a spoon is a bit off-putting. Oh well. I guess I gotta do what I gotta do! lol

Little Leota.5849

Noob question: Is a “keep” a specific structure or is it a generic term for the various structures you can capture? I ask because at no point did we capture anything that was called a keep. That might be why I have yet to see a Lord so I may have spent that 90 minutes and never even had a chance of a spoon.

From what I read on the GW2 Wiki, a “keep” is a specific structure, or objective. There’s a list of the various keeps on the Wiki as well. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Keep

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Towers, Keeps and Castles are all walled stuctures. However, keeps will be the biggest structures on a map short of a castle (ie stonemist in eternal battlegrounds, which as far as I know is the only castle in wvw or EOTM).

There are 3 keeps in each borderland map, 3 keeps in eternal BG, and 3 keeps and in EOTM.

So if you’re looking for keep capture, just head to the largest enemy structure and bring some friends, seige and supply, you’ll need them. Keeps are not easy to cap if highly defended (which is usually the case), plus they take some time to even be penetrated depending on your group size, knowledge and enemy resistance present.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Posted by: Cirrion.8951

Cirrion.8951

A Keep is a specific structure with a double set of walls and a Champion Lord that must be killed to take it. There are three per borderland and three in EB (not sure about EoTM).

Spoons don’t just drop from Keep Lords; they can also drop from Tower Lords and Camp Supervisors. Towers are single walled structures that are also guarded by a Champ, and Camps are unwalled objectives that are guarded by Veterans. If you’ve flipped a map objective to your team then you’ve killed a mob that can drop the spoon.

Posted by: Shukriyya.7629

Shukriyya.7629

I used to collect them back when they still dropped for me and in my experience, you’re more likely to get them when you’re on your own or in a small group, flipping camps and sentries. The borderlands are rather deserted at the moment, so you don’t even have to be afraid of getting killed by other players all the time. Good luck!

RoF

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I capture camps whenever that daily pops up, on enemy borderlands. I get “broken spoon” drops quite regularly, and those are supposed to drop for people instead of spoons they already unlocked (Commander’s, Tequatl’s).

If you have a character that can solo those camps, capping whichever ones that are close to the WP once in a while might be more palatable and doesn’t requiring you to put in huge chunks of time.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

The spoon drops from mobs, so it makes sense that you’re likely to get it from taking a camp.

A better suggestion would be to NOT capture the camp, but to stay there and kill the guards as they respawn, until one of them gives you your spoon. You might need a friend for this.

If that proves too difficult, try slaughtering critters at one of the merc camps in EB.

DoctorDing.5890

Update: YAY! Finally got it. About 4 hours of mindlessly following the zerg, mostly in EotM but today in EB and that is where it dropped, from a Veteran Guard npc outside of a tower. Can’t say I particularly enjoyed the experience but at least I never have to go back in to that game mode. Well, not until the next thing that I need from there ;p

Just need 3 more mastery points for core. I suspect they will have to come from the LS2 achievements because the chances of me making that last diving goggles jump are approximately nil. The irony is that the last core mastery is legendary crafting which I will probably never, ever bother with hehe.

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

haha GL with that, I cant get it for more then 2 years