Easiest way to re-create a character?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

Hey all,

I’m looking for the easiest way to “re-create” a character, though I don’t have a make-over kit to show me where the sliders and everything are :/

Is there another way or is it almost required to buy a make-over kit and duplicate the sliders?

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

i mean, screenshots and just look closely…..
otherwise, yea, pretty much your only go-to-option is to buy one and screenshot the sliders

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

I don’t understand. are you asking how to make a character that looks like a particular npc or how to recreate a delete character?

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Posted by: YOUNGaz.5690

YOUNGaz.5690

I think op just wants to make another character that looks exactly like a character they already have. But yeah, the easiest way without buying a mo kit would to just take a good amount of ss’s and work from those. should be fairly easy to get it close enough to not tell the difference.

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

I agree with what’s been said.

For height, you might want to try finding another player of the same race/gender combo whose character is either absolute maximum or minimum height. This will give you some guidelines of how tall you will need to make your recreated character.

As for the face, take a few screenshots from the front and from the side. When creating your character, you can then refer to them, or even take screenshots of the new character in order to compare photos directly. I often find that flicking between two images quickly can make slight differences appear more obvious, so perhaps you could try doing that.

Make sure to compare the two characters from the side as well- nose, chin, forehead and jaw shapes aren’t obvious from the front, but make a lot of difference when viewing the character in profile.

Once you’ve made the character, skip through the initial cutscene, go onto the character select screen and compare the two characters side-by-side. If the doppelganger isn’t close enough (has visible differences), there’s nothing stopping you from deleting and trying again.

Moreover, you could try to get the character as close as possible, but if you notice some differences, you could wait until getting a total makeover kit. You could then use the makeover kit on your initial character, take screenshots of the combinations and sliders and then match this on your recreation.

Makeover kits are rewarded in the 5,000, 10,000, 15,000 (etc) achievement chests.

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

so I still don’t understand what I asked above.

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

so I still don’t understand what I asked above.

From what the OP has said in their first post (regarding not knowing about the sliders), I would assume that they are trying to recreate a character they already have.

If the OP was trying to recreate somebody else’s character or an NPC, the OP wouldn’t have bothered mentioning the total makeover kit.

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

There are a few achievements and things to get a free mo kit.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

i mean, screenshots and just look closely…..
otherwise, yea, pretty much your only go-to-option is to buy one and screenshot the sliders

And .. if you don’t want to buy a kit .. make Screenshots this time if you think you
did it right.

If the character ingame doesn’t looks right, delete an repeat.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

Be careful you don’t loose you bag slots remaking your character, might be cheaper to just buy new character slot.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

This won’t help you now, but if you make a look you really like, it’s worth a quick series of screenshots of the sliders. Then save those in a folder where you can find them again (I use Games>GW2Screens>Portraits>Concepts, for example).

For all the problems ArcheAge had (has?), I have to say I really admired their having not only a save feature for sliders, but being able to do interim saves as well as I got a face slowly shaped to what I wanted. The file (which you could name anything you liked, I used the character name) then went into a copyable location. Since it took most of an hour to customize in that game, it was a vital feature.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

For all the problems ArcheAge had (has?), I have to say I really admired their having not only a save feature for sliders, but being able to do interim saves as well as I got a face slowly shaped to what I wanted. The file (which you could name anything you liked, I used the character name) then went into a copyable location. Since it took most of an hour to customize in that game, it was a vital feature.

Yeah .. i always wonder why no other game after Perfect World had that feature.
That game still has one of the best editors of all MMOs for me .. would really
see something like that with a little more actual engine.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Yeah .. i always wonder why no other game after Perfect World had that feature.
That game still has one of the best editors of all MMOs for me .. would really
see something like that with a little more actual engine.

AHHH, PWI. I FEEL NOSTALGIC! ;_; (Sorry).

Posted by: Sonoroho.5093

Sonoroho.5093

PWI? Holy crap. Sometimes I miss it…other times…not so much. XD