Easy rotation class??

Easy rotation class??

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: andyMak.6985

andyMak.6985

Hey all i dunno if im getting lazy or just old
Im comi g back to gw2 after time away..
I have a thief ele and necro.. I got a free 80 boost and wanna play hot.

Im looking for a class with an easy rotation
I really enjoyed my ele and necro but cant remember how to play them.. I remember the ele being exhausting and always almost dying.. Probably because im bad

I remember feeling like the necro was easier and tankier but unsure

I wanted to do an engineer but they look like such a hard rotation and many options..Or ranger now they can heal but then also that means i have to do all the story and. Map completion again

What would peoe recommend.. I was thinking ele or necro again as i have some map completion.. Ele was lvled through pure crafting so she has alot of crafting

I jusst dont know if i have energy to keep swapping between elements.. I end up just spammin fire skills

Would love to hear peoples opinions on classes with easy rotations

Cheers

Easy rotation class??

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

Staff Daredevil.

Easy rotation class??

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

Agreed, with Staff Daredevil (Thief) you can get along pretty well with auto-attack only. And if you want, there are optional rotations. Pistols or shortbow as ranged.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

Easy rotation class??

Posted by: DirtyDan.4759

DirtyDan.4759

Condi Tempest. Camp on fire, spam everything. D/F, GoEP, Arcane Brilliance, Feel the Burn or Sigil of Fire, Fiery Greatsword.

Easy rotation class??

Posted by: andyMak.6985

andyMak.6985

Condi Tempest. Camp on fire, spam everything. D/F, GoEP, Arcane Brilliance, Feel the Burn or Sigil of Fire, Fiery Greatsword.

This excites me tell me more

Easy rotation class??

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

GW2 combat: Either learn piano or be a perpetual victim.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Easy rotation class??

Posted by: Atomnium.1532

Atomnium.1532

http://qtfy.eu/build/elementalist/#condition_tempest

Best dps out there this patch against big bosses, the whole rotation fits in 5 short lines of text.

Basically easy, powerful stuff with very little to no effort.

Easy rotation class??

Posted by: zectra.6978

zectra.6978

Any class! Start from 1 and learn it, that work’s best for me – perhaps it will work for you, plus you get a lot of l00t now when leveling.

[APS][NV]Vasnia, Commander
Fort Aspenwood

Easy rotation class??

Faaris.8013

Any class! Start from 1 and learn it, that work’s best for me – perhaps it will work for you, plus you get a lot of l00t now when leveling.

Have you even read the original post?

Easy rotation class??

Posted by: zectra.6978

zectra.6978

I did!

With 80 boost a lot of times you won’t learn the class, just getting thrown in the deep end with no idea – when you level you get to learn the class inch by inch on the way to 80.

There are also a lot of guides that will help you learn rotations with any given class that could be helpful as well.

Necro and ele are both solid classes for all game modes – if you want something different, I enjoy Dragonhunter and CPS Berserker.

[APS][NV]Vasnia, Commander
Fort Aspenwood

Easy rotation class??

Faaris.8013

I did!

OP wrote “Would love to hear peoples opinions on classes with easy rotations”.

He doesn’t want to use complicated rotations, and asks for our opinion on classes with easy rotations. You just tell him to learn the complex rotations.

Easy rotation class??

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Perhaps there is a video tutorial for the complex rotations on YOUTUBE that might be helpful to the OP? Heaven knows, Arenanet provide us with nothing in-game.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Easy rotation class??

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

If you want simple but satisfying, go necro-Reaper with GS and shouts. The sword is a tad slow but hits very solidly and the shouts satisfy the need for faster reaction. Also it all synergizes really well. Plus I trait for the automatic shroud when taking a killing blow which gives me an extra lifeline.

Altogether I feel the designers nailed it on their goal of making the reaper feel like an inexorable, unstoppable monster. I’m mostly in exotics with a mix of condi stat sets and I wade into almost anything and stay up longer than anyone around me.

A typical rotation for me on entering a group of mobs is Rise!, Nothing Can Save You!, Chilled to the Bone! (possibly with You are all Weaklings! mixed in, unless I’m saving it for a stun break). Then drop GS4 (possibly 5 first if I need to gather the mobs closer) to blind and chill, GS3 to make them vulnerable and take more condi damage, GS2 to aoe the heck out of them. If I hit something with GS2 that is 50% health or less, I have no cooldown and can repeatedly spin to win. Stuff still in my face? Hop into shroud, which refreshes very quickly, and use it to freeze, fear, and aoe even more. I have a lot of CC handy for breaking defiance bars even before I weapon swap to access more skills for the purpose.

I’m probably nowhere near meta, but I’m having so much fun!

Easy rotation class??

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

Best dps out there this patch against big bosses, the whole rotation fits in 5 short lines of text.

I’m still trying to figure out how that build is called condition tempest. It’s just full berserker playing fire.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Easy rotation class??

Posted by: MoarChaos.8320

MoarChaos.8320

I disagree with going from level 1. Usually offers zero information of what your final HoT build is going to be like. I would go with condi necro. It’s a really easy rotation, with great damage, and survivability. Light armor will be a lot easier to get then medium as well.

Easy rotation class??

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I’m still trying to figure out how that build is called condition tempest. It’s just full berserker playing fire.

It’s viper/sinister, and the main damage comes from burn ticks, not from direct attacks.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Easy rotation class??

Posted by: Atomnium.1532

Atomnium.1532

It’s viper/sinister, and the main damage comes from burn ticks, not from direct attacks.

You too kitten fast at typing, you have a chrono in your group IRL I’m sure you cheater.

Easy rotation class??

Posted by: Napo.1230

Napo.1230

I wanted to do an engineer but they look like such a hard rotation and many options..

Actually in pve power engi is ridiculously simple.
Get a bomb kit press 1.
That’s actually the rotation.

Easy rotation class??

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

Oh, when I clicked on the link, the person had all power/prec/ferocity armor and weapons…thought it seemed odd to call that “condition tempest”/

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Easy rotation class??

Astralporing.1957

Oh, when I clicked on the link, the person had all power/prec/ferocity armor and weapons…thought it seemed odd to call that “condition tempest”/

Then most likely you were looking at the wrong tempest build. Condition one is at the top of the page.

Actions, not words.

Easy rotation class??

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

This excites me tell me more

It’s a boring, easy build that’s a shame to the profession as it doesn’t even use its mechanic. It should be nerfed to the ground, along with any other brain-dead build with no real skill rotation.

Easy rotation class??

Astralporing.1957

Yeah, the only useful builds should have at least 60 positions long rotations.[/sarcasm]

Actions, not words.

Easy rotation class??

Feanor.2358

Yeah, the only useful builds should have at least 60 positions long rotations.[/sarcasm]

Except “optimal” isn’t the same as “useful”. Having a complex build deliver better result actually creates a choice rather than take it away. Having mindless “rotations” be the top dps options is the absolute worst thing for the game balance.

Easy rotation class??

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

As someone who just doesn’t have it in them to indulge in rotations and since my mesmer starting letting me down, I’ve mostly being playing a necro reaper - my variant is the minion master reaper, the filthy zerker version. I acquired the build from these forums, though sadly forget where exactly, and have linked it before, and have linked it again below.

I regularly run into packs of enemies and use "Rise!", then maybe GS 4 (Nightfall) if I can be bothered/if there’s a few beasties, then GS 2 (Gravedigger), then GS1 (Dusk Strike) and then back to Gravedigger off cooldown, every time. Use 5 (Grasping Darkness) if something tries to get away from you and if a fight gets hairy, or you just want some giggles, use Shroud and have fun with that (I like the combos from 5 + 4 and/or+ 3 where appropriate; 2 will get you to your target if it tries to escape, and 1 is for traditional spam). If I don’t really feel confident, or I’m new to a fight - particularly something involving other people or some world bosses - I pop the staff and spam 1 until I have the measure of it. Note: I only use this soloing about and open world - very sure playing "proper stuff" group content would require a fair few tweaks if you have people who are very hospital corners about their gaming. There’s probably necroes despairing over what I do. I’m sure there are some rotations that are optimal if you’re into that stuff, but personally, I just do the above. For me it works, it’s kitten good fun, I don’t stress, I rarely die, and the job’s done. On a personal level, I’d call that optimal.

As you don’t get reaper (or any elite spec) fully maxed just by using the booster, it gives you a little wiggle room to refresh your previous knowledge and get a feel for it again. I would advise taking it to a 50/60/70 core Tyria area - stuff won’t kill you and you can practise before moving on to something that’ll live longer so you can flesh out any rotations to see if you’re happy with them. This naturally follows for any profession you decide to go with.

The Reaper build is here. I do a few things a little differently, in that I don’t use the bone fiend (use the shadow fiend), and I don’t use the food and utility buff advised. I’m cheap and use omnomberry pies and standard stones. I also use speed sigils instead of frailty so I can be a speedy reaper instead of a slow one. I also use Traveler Runes because they’re cheap and I hate dropping completely out of the speedy boost from the sigils into molasses (I figure I still want to be my Chrono.). It still works well enough for me on my own doing things. Again, professional necroes everywhere are likely turning in their graves at what I’m faffing with, but I have fun. XD

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Easy rotation class??

Astralporing.1957

Except “optimal” isn’t the same as “useful”. Having a complex build deliver better result actually creates a choice rather than take it away. Having mindless “rotations” be the top dps options is the absolute worst thing for the game balance.

Maybe for you. Personally, i find the idea of maximizing dps by performing a complicated but set rotation, instead of having to react on the run to the situation, and using skills intelligently, to be the a far greater blight on the game system. It doesn’t matter how simple or complicated the rotation is – it’s equally mindless.

Actions, not words.

Easy rotation class??

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Maybe for you. Personally, i find the idea of maximizing dps by performing a complicated but set rotation, instead of having to react on the run to the situation, and using skills intelligently, to be the a far greater blight on the game system. It doesn’t matter how simple or complicated the rotation is – it’s equally mindless.

This, there is nothing challenging about cheesing through content by skipping mechanics through dps.

Easy rotation class??

Posted by: Hevoskuuri.3891

Hevoskuuri.3891

With 80 boost a lot of times you won’t learn the class, just getting thrown in the deep end with no idea – when you level you get to learn the class inch by inch on the way to 80.

This is very true for those who are completely new to the game.

However, with one or more characters already at max level you already know the basics of the game. There’s no need to learn how to dodge, swap weapons efficiently, learn what the stats are about etc; those should already be self-explanatory.

‘Learning the class inch by inch’ is a poor excuse for not using the Lvl 80 boost. Getting to know a class is actually much faster with the boost: with all skills and traits unlocked, you can goof around for an hour and learn the basics of the class much faster than through the 1-80 leveling process, which like someone said, gives you pretty much no value towards learning your ultimate end-game build anyway. Also, you can buy the best exotic gear with the desired stats and that’ll show you the potential of the class right there and then, unlike the leveling process, where you are constantly upgrading your gear and never knowing how much damage/healing/whatever you can actually do.

Apart from one , I have power-leveled all of the professions to 80 via tomes of knowledge, and the way I see it: when mastering a profession, you can run around learning while leveling, or you might as well run around learning with all the important stuff unlocked for you and the full potential of the class right there for you to behold.

Easy rotation class??

Posted by: Weo weo.6378

Weo weo.6378

Well, by far the easiest for me was staff thief, even easier than condi tempest for raids.

However the most difficult and satisfying class for me was to learn was the elementalist. It’s much more difficult to play than thief in pve but the potential of the class is simply incredible.

Multiple Class Disorder

Easy rotation class??

Faaris.8013

when mastering a profession, you can run around learning while leveling, or you might as well run around learning with all the important stuff unlocked for you and the full potential of the class right there for you to behold.

I totally agree with you about this. I think the bias that you should level up a character to fully learn it comes from other games, where this is the only truth. I didn’t expect such a change of playstyle after level 80 in GW2. Sometimes you even drop the weapon set you used the way to level 80, and have no clue how to use the bext one for max level. And levelling is so quick, how much can you learn in two weeks from 1 to 80 anyway? If you want to have your character craft, you do 24 levels without “learning your class” anyway. Level adjustment (great mechanics btw!) you don’t even mjiss out on the fun of content if you do it later.

For ArenaNet, GW2 level 1 to 80 is just the first page of a book with thousand pages. That’s probably why they gave the level 80 boost, because it doesn’t matter how you get to 80. For new players, only world exploration would be a good reason to level up manually. Or of course if you like doing it.

Easy rotation class??

Feanor.2358

That’s inevitable and beside the point. Generic PvE has to be easy, so it can’t require you to “intelligently use” skills and react to situations. Not really. Endgame content can, but then it’s group content. And the thing about it is, you want to have player interactions. Which pretty much means you’ll have all the intelligent usage and all the reacting offloaded to a few players while others will be focusing solely on dps. It’s just the efficient thing to do. You can’t really avoid it if you want to have any meaningful interaction, and without meaningful interaction what’s the point of group content?

So there will never be the question “to have or not to have a dps rotation”. You’ll have, that’s for sure. The only question is “should a harder one perform better when executed well than a simple one”. And the answer is, yes, it should. Because otherwise there’s no reason to play the harder one. It is more unreliable, more prone to mistakes which makes it lose more in real game scenarios. Which in turn makes it perform even worse. Penalizing players for doing something hard cannot possibly be a good idea. You should be stimulating them to do it, to get better and reward them accordingly.

Easy rotation class??

Astralporing.1957

Nah. You are assuming that harder rotations are somehow more valuable. What you are missing is that the rotations are equally mindless, regardless if they’re 6 or 66 positions long. There’s no value whatsoever in promoting using longer ones – quite the opposite, promoting them is the same as promoting a totally mindless playstyle.

Why you ask? The answer is actually hidden in what you said. They are “more unreliable, more prone to mistakes”, which puts stronger emphasis on perfect execution. There’s much less place for improvisation and reactive play. You no longer know or care what your skills do. You care only about clicking buttons in a precise order on a precise timing. That’s mindless.

So, i’m all for making the best dps builds having relatively short rotations (though not to the point where it’s mainly autoattacking – there should be a reason to use other skills).

Actions, not words.

Easy rotation class??

Feanor.2358

You’re still missing the point. It’s always going to be “mindless” by your definition. It doesn’t change the fact one is harder and less reliable. As such, it has to have an edge. Or it will be useless.

Easy rotation class??

Astralporing.1957

You’re still missing the point. It’s always going to be “mindless” by your definition. It doesn’t change the fact one is harder and less reliable. As such, it has to have an edge.

No, there’s no logical implication to that effect at all.

Or it will be useless.

You are missing the point. You assume it has to be useful. Me, i don’t see any inherent worth in supporting them at all. Quite the opposite.

If they become less useful? Well, maybe Anet will streamline them too.

Remember, that the current long rotations are not a result of some design policy, but just a byproduct of either bad class design (engi), or hatchet approach to balancing (ele). They are a mess that should have been fixed long ago, instead of being raised as an example to follow.

Actions, not words.

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Easy rotation class??

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Hammer Guardian, not as OP as any of the Tempest builds running out there, but atleast you won’t die from a fly farting in your general direction.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Easy rotation class??

Feanor.2358

You’re still missing the point. It’s always going to be “mindless” by your definition. It doesn’t change the fact one is harder and less reliable. As such, it has to have an edge.

No, there’s no logical implication to that effect at all.

Or it will be useless.

You are missing the point. You assume it has to be useful. Me, i don’t see any inherent worth in supporting them at all. Quite the opposite.

If they become less useful? Well, maybe Anet will streamline them too.

Remember, that the current long rotations are not a result of some design policy, but just a byproduct of either bad class design (engi), or hatchet approach to balancing (ele). They are a mess that should have been fixed long ago, instead of being raised as an example to follow.

And you’re wrong. Pushing “1” has very limited potential for fun. In general, the more basic a game is, the faster you exhaust its potential to be fun for you. And nobody plays a game which is no longer fun, except pro players who get paid for it. So games should offer more complex gameplay if their creators want to keep the players in the game in question. Hence, said “byproducts” should be the example to follow. They are what’s fun about GW2 combat. They are what gives you an opportunity to have player skill progress. Sure, there’s learning encounters and mechanics, but the more, the better. Because the more skills you have to hone, the longer the game stays fun and the longer you keep playing it.

Easy rotation class??

Astralporing.1957

And you’re wrong. Pushing “1” has very limited potential for fun.

I did mention i had in mind those short rotations that actually do utilize the skills, didn’t I? Autoattacking while ignoring other skills is as damaging to the game as thinking executing long series of clicks at a perfect timing make a skilled player.

In general, the more basic a game is, the faster you exhaust its potential to be fun for you. And nobody plays a game which is no longer fun, except pro players who get paid for it. So games should offer more complex gameplay if their creators want to keep the players in the game in question.

Longer rotations do not create a more complex gameplay. Quite the opposite, they lock it at the very shallow level.

Again, you are confusing complexity of rotations with the complexity of the game.

Actions, not words.

Easy rotation class??

Feanor.2358

If you bothered to read through the end of the post you might have seen the reason. Pressing skills off cooldown is no different than autoattacking. If you’re going to insist on your chimera about “reacting to situations” and “intelligent skill usage”, that’s no longer interesting for me. I explained why it doesn’t happen and why it can’t really happen in games. It’s up to you to accept it or not, but sticking to this PoV makes the debate pointless.

Easy rotation class??

Astralporing.1957

I explained why it doesn’t happen and why it can’t really happen in games.

It worked just fine in GW1. It also works in sPvP (trying to use complex rotations there is just asking to lose the fight, actually).

You may like to press long sequences of keys on a tight schedule, and pretend that it makes you skilled, but all your arguments for supporting it are based on the assumption that they should be supported. An assumption that itself is not backed by any other argument.

Actions, not words.