Echoes of the Past Trailer

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

The water dragon, like Teq, is totally female. Jormag is male, and shatterer is non determinant.

Posted by: TheFool.4589

TheFool.4589

What if bubbles and mordremoth are awoken at the same time?

Becka Williams.4978

Bubbles is already awake, I thought?

TheFool.4589

Well what if both attack at the same time then? What if it was bubbles turn to awake in the cycle, but since scarlet awoke modremoth early, there would be two dragons to deal with.

Becka Williams.4978

I tend to go with the theory that Moddy was supposed to awaken earlier, and that the sylvari are supposed to be his minions, but Ventari screwed that up.

Also, we already had 3 dragons: jormag, krakatrorik, and Zaithan. So, it’s not like we haven’t had to deal with a bunch of them already.

TheFool.4589

I tend to go with the theory that Moddy was supposed to awaken earlier, and that the sylvari are supposed to be his minions, but Ventari screwed that up.

Also, we already had 3 dragons: jormag, krakatrorik, and Zaithan. So, it’s not like we haven’t had to deal with a bunch of them already.

I dunno, I’m just spitballing here =p

Posted by: Mizenhauer.6713

Mizenhauer.6713

I wonder if Ogden is Mr. E.

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Well what if both attack at the same time then? What if it was bubbles turn to awake in the cycle, but since scarlet awoke modremoth early, there would be two dragons to deal with.

Deep sea dragon awoke hundreds of years ago. A lot of people think we see Krait, Karka and Manatees running around on land because the dragon drove them out of their homelands.

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

We find out that our potential reinforcements, Glints children, were smashed when they were eggs by a passive adventurer. At least they didn’t supplant some jungle bandits onto the throne, release titans all over the place, get the Emperor’s half-brother killed, supplant a militia chief as a god and commit an act of genocide against the dwarven race.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Huh, when you look at it, at9 you get a pretty good look at whats on the guys back. Its like a giant amberite egg…

And when you look at the beems at 1:23, you see the same shaped thing inside it glowing…

Not to mention new mobs apparently (starting at 1:43) some giant tongue lashing plant, and some kind of grotesque skull thing… undead mixing with plants now?

Then we head north…last of where the dwarves were, and it almost looks like the Halls, which of course is close to the entrance to where the dwarves were last seen going down to fight the destroyers.

And speaking of dwarves, since only one is still above ground, does that mean Ogden is going to be playing a roll once more?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Looks pretty great, looking forward to the increase in lore. The lore has been sorely lacking since launch.

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

I’m excited and I hope that there will actually be stuff to do! Please don’t dissappoint us.

Posted by: Schwarzseher.9873

Schwarzseher.9873

We find out that our potential reinforcements, Glints children, were smashed when they were eggs by a passive adventurer. At least they didn’t supplant some jungle bandits onto the throne, release titans all over the place, get the Emperor’s half-brother killed, supplant a militia chief as a god and commit an act of genocide against the dwarven race.

Yeah because our ancestors were saints, they totaly wouldnt do that. They also wouldnt almost eradicate a large centaur tribe, help a ancient lich break out from his prison and restore his power. They also wouldnt slaughter themself in a no ending battle between wannabe pirates and tree lovers.

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

I know I’m critical of this game from time to time (ok maybe more than that), but I thought the cinematic was really well done. Actually made me excited for the continuation. The people involved in making that cinematic deserve a good pat on the back. Really good job!

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

By Ogden’s Hammer, what foreshadowing!

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

At 1:40, the thing up on the pedestal in the background (under the flag), thats not the blue krait orb thing, is it?
Whatever it is, its floating.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Asuna.3490

Asuna.3490

Really like this trailer !
Thank you Anet, i’im sure w’ll love this new chapter
Hope we find some secret, or answer, about Caithe, the master of peace, Sylvaris,..

But it’s really the last chapter of season 2 ? I hope not… it looks so nice !

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

At 1:40, the thing up on the pedestal in the background (under the flag), thats not the blue krait orb thing, is it?

Nice catch, but that doesn’t have the same model.

The glow is brighter – more of a white-blue – and it has what appears to be bars around it.

The Krait Orb/Blue Orb/Water Orb was darker than that, and not as bright. Plus it didn’t float.

There are some Pact stuff that are a light blue color so it could be amongst those things.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

We’ll find out that everything after War in Kryta was a bad dream of Gwen, suddenly we only have humans, and every account is reset. Lore makes perfect sense again. Welp.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Nice catch, but that doesn’t have the same model.

The glow is brighter – more of a white-blue – and it has what appears to be bars around it.

The Krait Orb/Blue Orb/Water Orb was darker than that, and not as bright. Plus it didn’t float.

There are some Pact stuff that are a light blue color so it could be amongst those things.

Yeah, thats true, it was a darker blue. Though the blue of the pact stuff (like on the walls in Orr bases) is/seems lighter shade of blue (whatever that stuff is).
Maybe it’ll be something else we discover. Something along the same lines as the blue orb protecting against the corruption of Zaitan, maybe this will protect (somehow) against Mordy’s effects.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Is it just me, or does the thing that breaks the hourglass/comes out of the broken hourglass look like one of the Toment rifts from Guild Wars: Nightfall?

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.