Economic Crash Foreseeable with PoF

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Atros.9607

Atros.9607

In particular, I am referencing the trader’s crates that players can buy with little to no effort in the maps. The crates are sold by heart vendors for 5k karma and 5 contracts. These crates contain materials and items that would flood the market such an influx of resources that I see T6 mats falling to single digit silver prices.

I understand this is a beta/demo and will change but I want to bring attention to this now so that this easily on demand resource acquisition does not get accidentally shipped with PoF.

For example, I pulled 40 crates and managed 40 T6 blood, 45 T6 claws, and 42 T6 bones. Another set of 5 ingot crates dropped me 16 darksteel ingots.

[ShW] Shrouded Warband § Gold Invader § Fort Aspenwood
My pugs are not lemmings, they just fell off that cliff because I did

Posted by: Palimow.6342

Palimow.6342

I was thinking the same. Who knows if it’ll be like that one release. I guess wait and see.

Posted by: Yakez.7561

Yakez.7561

I feel the same. To much mats.

Amnoon chest farm train on the doorstep.

(edited by Yakez.7561)

Posted by: Okhu.7948

Okhu.7948

They’ll probably put a limit to the number of chests you can get per day.

Posted by: Ryokuro.8125

Ryokuro.8125

They’ll probably put a limit to the number of chests you can get per day.

They already have. Only allowed 5 keys per account per day.

Edit: Ooops! Thats for the keys only… But not a bad idea for everything else as well…

Core i7 3770K OC’d @ 4.5Ghz ~Asus P8Z77 V-Deluxe
GTX980 Strix ~ 32GB RAM
Crucial m4 256Gb SSD ~ Seagate 1TB 7.2k RPM HDD

(edited by Ryokuro.8125)

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

In particular, I am referencing the trader’s crates that players can buy with little to no effort in the maps. The crates are sold by heart vendors for 5k karma and 5 contracts. These crates contain materials and items that would flood the market such an influx of resources that I see T6 mats falling to single digit silver prices.

I understand this is a beta/demo and will change but I want to bring attention to this now so that this easily on demand resource acquisition does not get accidentally shipped with PoF.

For example, I pulled 40 crates and managed 40 T6 blood, 45 T6 claws, and 42 T6 bones. Another set of 5 ingot crates dropped me 16 darksteel ingots.

How dare Anet make things affordable!

Posted by: Zaraki.5784

Zaraki.5784

Finally I’d say! Economic Legendaries I’m waiting for you! In spite of those who crafted them with higher prices muhahahahahah

Posted by: Drecien.4508

Drecien.4508

More mats for less! I’m in love!

14 level 80s All races/professions
Server-Blackgate, are there others?
Some must fight, so that all may be free. —Amora Soulkeeper.

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

il hope they not change it… im sick of not being able to affor a bunch of stuff just because i dont play the Market mindlessly or Grind 24/7…. and im not even talking about legendaries…. i feel rich when i have 500g that flies away instantly and i found out i barely made progress by spending that much gold in anything ….

il hope these boxes will stay and bring down the prices….

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Nomin.5901

Nomin.5901

lower the amounts in boxes, but PLEASE keep the system in place, gw2 desperatley needs a way to farm specific mats. Especially low level/non harvest-able ones like cloth

Carmen

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I wonder why ANet didn’t forsee this economic crash after two years of design and testing.

Maybe it’s because they did forsee and tested it and there’s no incoming economic crash.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

good, i need the materials to upgrade my pvp armor to be able to change stats freely !

Posted by: JackOfAllGames.2409

JackOfAllGames.2409

I foresee the same. Dumped my bank-full of low-level materials the moment I saw this. >_>

I could be wrong, but hey, buying prices for gems were quite good. Whatever happens, it’ll stabilize in time.

(edited by JackOfAllGames.2409)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I thought the same but the rates and availability of everything seems too high to be real considering what they typically do. Alternatively maybe they learned from HoT that making things too grindy was to their own detriment.

For the real version I am leaning towards either daily limit on the crates or only one type of crate per day on some sort of rotation and maybe still with a limit or a limit on how many trade contracts you can get per day. Possibly nerfs to the drop rates of those contracts.

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Falling prices isnt the same as a crashing economy.

Just as flipping the trader isnt bad for economics, flipping the trader is good for the customer since it increase instant sell prices and decreases posted selling prices.

So good that anet increase supply since there is a high demand.

Posted by: Megastorm.6219

Megastorm.6219

All I see is people who love to manipulate the markets and get the shinies they want, and when something new changes how well others can get it without doing the same methods, they fear the sky falling in on them. It’s very noble to worry about a market that you have manipulated for almost 5 years. Not all of the players play the TP game, and everything has been inflated for years from the ones who have. “If there’s a new way, I’ll be the first in line. It better work this time.” -Dave Mustaine

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

They might add something else to the map that requires a larger spending of the trade contracts. Who knows. I don’t mind it though.

I did enjoy the gear identifier though. Out of the first 25 I identified I got 3 exotic warbeast? weapons or something. Pretty neat! None the next 3 times though so just lucky I guess.

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

Cheap mats is good, hope they leave it in.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Personally I have no problem with T6 stuff becoming a bit more affordable, as this will naturally lower the absurd costs of the 1st set of legendaries significantly.

However, if that would be ANets only goal, then I would find it just better to reduce the absurd amount of material costs from 250 units required simply down to like 100 units only, as that would practically have the same effect of reducing costs for the 1st set legendaries, but it wouldn’t affect the worth /value of many other things in the game as well which requires T6 stuff and as such wouldn’t effect then to massively the economy of the game as a whole

If things become more affordable on the other side for a larger amount of the whole community, then thats in the end also much better for the economy, than when inflation drives prices continously so high, that too much thigns become affordable only for a tiny minority of super rich people and tp influencers/flippers.

If prices hsould fall too quickly down, ANet can always add new content that requires the items that have lost worth lately, because so more content thext exists that requires a certain itme, so higher again wil lrise the demand for these items which will result in the end again in a rise of its worth once the demand gets quickly again higher, than the offer of said items is.

Just give the thign time and wait first, how thigns will change, once the expansion is out and some time has passed after its release, so that we can actually see, how the economy reacts on the next expansion and if these changes are of a long lasting effect, or if thigns naturally normalize themself again like usual.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I wonder why ANet didn’t forsee this economic crash after two years of design and testing.

Maybe it’s because they did forsee and tested it and there’s no incoming economic crash.

Or they are doing it specifically to increase the supply of these materials. Either way, I agree.

Lower cost materials is better for 99% of the community. People complaining about them coming down in price is like the billionaires complaining about their income taxes being raised.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Ya after just a little casual play (spent most of my time climbing and glitching around)
i got ~150 T6 Mats

like WTF
Those trade contracts drop everywhere. .. Chests, Bones, Events, random Enemies
And you get tons of T6 mats for spending them at the Heart Merchants

Im sure i could farm 1000 T6 mats per day (or more depending on the time you can invest per day) without a problem if i was actually effectively farming those contracts!
Thats just insane

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: bOTEB.1573

bOTEB.1573

One of the good sides of GW2 is that it offers casual gameplay, more than other MMOs. These mats are so hard to obtain in bulk by every casual gamer. Does he have to play 6-12 months (1-2 hours a day) to complete 1 legendary item (aka full stack of each)? There is nothing wrong with this. I hope they don’t change this, and not only that but make the end game items easier to obtain. Just a little.
Take the legendary armor for example – I hope for an alternative way to get legendary armor or at least upgrade an Ascendant piece of armor like the PVP version but in PVE environment. Not everyone has the nerf to listen to the flaming, rude “hardcore” raiders. Does it mean they don’t deserve to put their hands on an end game gear like the legendary armor or swappable stats equivalent?
Easier farming of such mats will only help.

Posted by: logan.5846

logan.5846

Oh great, welfare legendaries.

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

I’m honestly happy with any change that makes things easier for casuals and kittenes of hoarders and tp “barons”.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Or they are doing it specifically to increase the supply of these materials. Either way, I agree.

Lower cost materials is better for 99% of the community. People complaining about them coming down in price is like the billionaires complaining about their income taxes being raised.

If they’re going to push out new Legendaries from now on at a rate of about one a month or two then they probably do need to increase supplies of mats to keep them from going up in price. This maybe their way of increasing the flow of mats for the release of future Legendaries

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Yakez.7561

Yakez.7561

Why casuals do need ascended armor? You can do lvl 50 fractals with specialization weapons, ascended trinkets and exotic armor.

Why casuals do need legendary armor? They need to play 4 different builds on their WvW mesmer?

Casuals do need only exotic armor. Full set is like 30 gold? Ok, vipers may be a bit higher.

Anet foresee economic crash. It is a thing they intend. They cater to casual player base witch would benefit the most. And completely destroy veteran player base witch have some patience to research economy in their favorite game and invest their hard earned gold in mats.

And no, I am not a TP baron. I have around 50-100 gold in my wallet and max 300 gold invested in mats and orders at TP.

(edited by Yakez.7561)

Posted by: zionophir.6845

zionophir.6845

give me my cheap gift of fortune nao.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Why casuals do need ascended armor? You can do lvl 50 fractals with specialization weapons, ascended trinkets and exotic armor.

Why casuals do need legendary armor? They need to play 4 different builds on their WvW mesmer?

Casuals do need only exotic armor. Full set is like 30 gold? Ok, vipers may be a bit higher.

Anet foresee economic crash. It is a thing they intend. They cater to casual player base witch would benefit the most. And completely destroy veteran player base witch have some patience to research economy in their favorite game and invest their hard earned gold in mats.

And no, I am not a TP baron. I have around 50-100 gold in my wallet and max 300 gold invested in mats and orders at TP.

No one is playing this game because of need. No one gets ascended/Legendary armor because of need. It’s all want.

And why not cater to the casual players? They make up the bulk of the player base. Any company that disregards their base to cater to the few is forgetting where their money comes from.

(And no, I’m not going for ascended/Legendary armor, nor do I flip items for resale).

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The other thing to consider is that these also cost karma. Is karma hard to get? No but neither is walking up to a sapling and pressing F.

This sort of situation is actually perfect for a TP baron. Sell highish(now), buy low(after release), sell high(once people have burned through all their karma thinking how great the new system it).

Posted by: bOTEB.1573

bOTEB.1573

A casual player is only different by a “hardcore” player because of the time he spends in the game. Now just because I spend 2-3-4 times fewer hours (maybe) than you in the game, does this mean that I don’t want ascendant gear? Does this mean that I am not supposed to play the same content as you play and to try getting better and stronger? Isn’t this the whole point of an MMO RPG – progression?

Yes, I want to be able to change my build whenever I want without making another set of Ascendant armor for another year, is that wrong? Is it forbidden for a casual player to play 2-3 builds on his favorite character? Hell, I want to try CM fractal 99, as anyone else and get the title, why I am supposed to stop at fractal 50 as a casual player?

I see this swappable armor stats not just like something I want coz it’s cool. I see it as a tool to make my gameplay experience more fun and interesting because until now I the tremendous amount of time to farm such armor was nearly impossible for me.

P.S Check the WvW asc gear and the req to upgrade 1 piece of armor to its legendary version… the t6 mats requirements…

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

Yay, the first depression in the GW universe. Looking forward to it.

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Yay, the first depression in the GW universe. Looking forward to it.

falling mat prices != depression

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube