Ecto Salvage Rates Again.......

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SirusDibley.3716

SirusDibley.3716

I know you all must have noticed the sharp drop in ecto salvage rates , the question is stealth nerf or a bug.

Discuss

Posted by: Baoz.4735

Baoz.4735

come to think of it, I have not a single ecto drop from salvaging for a while now -_-

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

Every time I have to take out an expensive sigil or rune, I use black lion and usually get 2-3 ecto.

Posted by: Mahaedros.7085

Mahaedros.7085

it’s unanimous!

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing – Edmund Burke

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

I’ve gotten 6 or 7 ecto from salvaging random rares that dropped today, one was even 3 from one, not seeing an issue.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Posted by: SirusDibley.3716

SirusDibley.3716

I’ve gotten 6 or 7 ecto from salvaging random rares that dropped today, one was even 3 from one, not seeing an issue.

some may still be unaffected , but I asked several zergs and the majority agree , something is up.

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

All I’ve noticed is sharper streaks. Like nothing x10. Or of 4×3 ectos. I haven’t calculated the average lately.

Edit: I should add that I salvage about 500 rares per week. Used to be a lot more though.

(edited by Buttercup.5871)

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

I can’t really say I’ve noticed a drop in the rate. I’ve been getting ecto pretty regularly.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

we get this often, it’s RNG people.

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

RNG

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Posted by: Durian.5419

Durian.5419

Seems the same to me. You are just unlucky. Or it is a vast conspiracy, and you are one of the ones chosen to be slaves to us, the master race of ecto salvagers.

Takkek Twicechosen, bone-collecting ranger of Plague[SICK]

Posted by: Adrenaline.2854

Adrenaline.2854

I’ve been salvaging a lot of rares with the Mystic Kit and out of 10 rares today I got 11 ectos.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Strange, when I last salvaged ecto I got a stupidly high salvage rate.

It was something like 9 ecto out of 5 rares.

This clearly means the rate has been buffed guys, my 5 rare test sample shows it

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

Seems the same to me, so either you’re unlucky, or your personal salvage rate got nerfed because you whined on the forums and made ANet angry.

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

RNG. How many rares have you salvaged anyway? 6 you got for world bosses that day? 5 you got from opening a bunch of champ bags?

That’s hardly a sample size.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I’ve gotten around 100 ectos in the last week.

Posted by: zzal.4163

zzal.4163

i salvaged 20-30 rares a day using mystic salvage kit.my return rate is 1 etco per rare on average.

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

Seems about the same for me and I’ve been salvaging tons of rares lately. If it seems bad it’s probably RNG messing with you.

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

Posted by: Soja.5918

Soja.5918

In the past two days I have acquired thirty rares. In turn, salvaging with a mystic forge kit, I’ve obtained twenty three ectos (of twenty salvages, the other ten rares were sold as is).

Basically, rng is rng. This is a nonstory.

The Crystal Desert beckons us. Ascension awaits us.

Keirlann Aurion – Ranger – Chieftain of the Ace Guard [AceG]

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

People say the economy is managed well, then we have opaque changes to droprates behind-the-scenes. I don’t consider manipulation of supply as an indicator of a well-run economy – It’s a wise management of resources, but it certainly isn’t the free-market economy that most american players would believe themselves to be playing in.

Apologies for the lack of vocabulary flair in this post, I recognise and admit that I didn’t vary the language enough, resulting in many repeated words which make the sentences horrible to read.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Stealth nerf. Because why not?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Last two salvage runs of over 100 rares each I’m averaging 0.8 with master kits, a tad low but within acceptable statistical variation.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I salvage over 100 rares per day and didnt notice anything out of the ordinary.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

The ecto salvage return rate is rather holy. John has stated time and again that if anything would change in the ecto salvage return rate, it would be announced in advance. If anything changed, it’s the sharper result streak ratio, as I stated above. Not much more in the overall results.

You have to realize at least 2 of these threads pop up every month. Only once was it justified. All the mass salvagers, including myself, then reported the same thing. This is not the case here. Not even close.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Posted by: Melfice.5091

Melfice.5091

Everytime someone salvages a rare and doesn’t get an ecto, they come to the forums and say that the droprates have been nerfed again. This has to stop

Professional noob guardian

Posted by: Nijjion.2069

Nijjion.2069

I got 2 ectos in 20 rares (Using BLSK)… I decided to never salvage again and sell all my rares…. kitten rng.

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Since it is random, you could go a week without getting one if you are very unlucky or get a bunch every time you salvage a rare or exotic.

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I salvage about 1000 rares yesterday and ratio is still about 0,9 ecto per rare so as usual.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Svarty.8019

Everytime someone salvages a rare and doesn’t get an ecto, they come to the forums and say that the droprates have been nerfed again. This has to stop

Where’s the harm guaranteeing 1 ecto and then the rest as bonus?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Had no issues. Varies more than normal, but my average balances out. (approx 50 ectos from about 40 rares this week, which I’m happy with)

Once again, starting these threads is utterly meaningless w/o stats to back them up. Last time is happened, they were able to identify a bug because enough people put genuine stat info up and didnt just cry “conspiracy”.

Posted by: deathklock.4961

deathklock.4961

come to think of it, I have not a single ecto drop from salvaging for a while now -_-

Same here, thought i just had a string of bad luck.

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Why can’t you just accept how RNG works instead of making speculations or even going as far as posting a speculation as a fact.

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Normally I wouldn’t say anything about the ecto salvage rates because there is nothing wrong with them… But lately I’ve been getting 0 to 1 ecto each time I salvage a rare. Just yesterday I salvaged about 11 rares and only got 2 ectos from it using a mystic salvage kit. Rewind a little bit a week before that, and I was getting 3 ectos for every rare I salvaged. Something’s up.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I have to say this is just bad luck maybe. I salvage every rare and I’ve had lots of ectos drop in the last little while. Yesterday I got 9 ectos from 3 rares. Sometimes I get none. Just the way it goes.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

yep, it’s RNG, and Anet is a pristine, pure, benevolent company that has never been proven to act questionably in their own favor. :roll eyes:

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Johnson.3874

Johnson.3874

It depends on the character I use. The ones I play the most are the ones that are the most unlucky when salvaging. I like to think that they are cursed, and that it means I should level up another character

Svarty.8019

It depends on the character I use. The ones I play the most are the ones that are the most unlucky when salvaging. I like to think that they are cursed, and that it means I should level up another character

As I mention here, I think characters have a hidden luck stat.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Available in gem store soon..

Attachments:

The Burninator

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Eh, it’s usually 1:1 for me, I’ll have 4 with none and then the next two pop 3 usually.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

It might have just been bad luck, but ive gotten zero ectos in the last 3-4 rares i salvaged using blc kits

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

well since I haven’t made nor received any rare drops lately I cannot comment however I can say that ever since the bug started where Ascalonian ghosts look like living breathing humans, drops seem to be not as fluid as they were when the patch started, something’s definitely going on here. Wish they’d hire someone to fix this problem once and for all, that would be the best birthday present ever! Never having an RNG loot issue again.

The reason I’m saying it’s happening again is due to the fact that on multiple occassions I’ve heard people talk in map chat where bosses don’t drop a single thing for them, champion bags don’t give them the new T7 resource at all when openned. It’s not just happening to me.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

It took Anet quite a bit of time to admit it the last time the rates were changed. Surely I’m not the only one who remembers that.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Behellagh.1468

Yes but then ALL the heavy salvagers were seeing it and ecto supply dropped off sharply.

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Yes but then ALL the heavy salvagers were seeing it and ecto supply dropped off sharply.

And Anet jumped on the RNG bandwagon right off the bat, knowing they had made the changes. There is absolutely no reason what-ever to trust them to not tinker with the numbers again in order to change their financial numbers.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

Don’t forget the MF account bound/soulbound debacle (think posts edited after the fact, etc), they’ve done a number of things that make them look shady and untrustworthy.

Back on topic, I just salvaged 5 level 80 rares with a Master’s kit and would typically get 3-4 ectos and it yielded zero. That’s a slight change don’t you think, especially as I’ve done nothing different with my account or items.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Don’t know about the ecto, just got 10 from 18 LvL 80 exotics, BUT, got ZERO Dark Matter using BLSK, so, I think there is a problem there.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

yup rng sucks

salvage 8 rare helmets bought using hotw tokens : 7 ectos
salvaged 10 rare helmets bought using cof tokens : 6 ectos
salvaged 5 random rares from world events and dungeons : 3 ectos (2 from one and 1 from another)
^using masters

salvaged 10 exotics got dark matter from each cant remember how many and got ectos from all but i used black lion for those.

(edited by champ.7021)

Behellagh.1468

And Anet jumped on the RNG bandwagon right off the bat, knowing they had made the changes. There is absolutely no reason what-ever to trust them to not tinker with the numbers again in order to change their financial numbers.

Yes and no. Anet did jump on the RNG bandwagon and then they acknowledge a bug was introduced, because John Smith researched the problem and proved it wasn’t the RNG, and Anet fixed it in short order.

I’ll probably do another run tonight and see what I get.

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

Stealth nerf. Because why not?

No stealth nerfs, I need my groupies to pass the second bridge in Sorrow’s Embrace without dying.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.