Ecto Salvage Rates Again.......

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lara Hesperax.2537

Lara Hesperax.2537

I used a black lion salvage kit last week on 4 exotics and 3 rares and got 24 ecto from it, so no, I don’t see a decrease, I see an increase!!

I iz in your salvage kitz stealingz all your ectoz!

LEEEEEEEERRRROOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYY JEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNKIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSS!

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

yep, it’s RNG, and Anet is a pristine, pure, benevolent company that has never been proven to act questionably in their own favor. :roll eyes:

The previous time it was indeed a stealth nerf, but this time it really seems to be just a RNG case
(haven’t noticed any visible change to ecto salvage myself, though i do salvage mostly exotics lately, due to low supply of dark matter)

I’ve heard people talk in map chat where bosses don’t drop a single thing for them, champion bags don’t give them the new T7 resource at all when openned. It’s not just happening to me.

Well, only exotic boxes opened on a level 80 character give those, and when zergs are too big lot of people just don’t manage to get past the damage threshold, so both things are very possible, but are nothing that would suggest Anet messing with drop rates.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Tomoyo.3482

Tomoyo.3482

love the false info here… max you can get per salvage is 3 ectos per item. 7 items times 3 = 21e at most…. gg

I used a black lion salvage kit last week on 4 exotics and 3 rares and got 24 ecto from it, so no, I don’t see a decrease, I see an increase!!

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/
Above link provides some entertainment.
Even people on the first page ‘confirmed’ salvage rate was fine.
Who’s willing to salvage 5000 items and get 1 BL kit in compensation if proven correct (or nothing if unproven)?

What we do know is the last (major) patch did introduce dark glob and magic find essence to the salvage drop table, so there is a small possibility Anet’s high quality testing is at work here.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

love the false info here… max you can get per salvage is 3 ectos per item. 7 items times 3 = 21e at most…. gg

Exotics give 0 to 5 ecto Rares give 0 to 3, so the 24 is VERY DOABLE.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Why not make the minimum 1 so nobody complains?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

Really? I’ve been getting quite a few ectos recently. i’ve almost never farmed gold/exotics since the new patch and yet on almost all i get at least one ecto.

but hey, i may get down on my luck and not get any ectos soon. but ah well. that’s life.

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

Yup making the salvage rate at least 1 would be the best.
Honestly even though my salvage rate has been terrible for a while now its mostly just rng and like precursors some people will have good luck and others will not.
Making the salvage rate at least 1 would decrease the ecto price to what it was before the cof nerf and before the ascended weapon scam release

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

I don’t know about you guys but I see an increase of ecto rates. That being said, a thread like this pops up every week. They won’t touch the salvaging rates.

Just stop.

Posted by: cuasilk.6927

cuasilk.6927

Exos can give up to 5 ectos. You should read before calling someone a liar.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Okay. Just finished salvaging 150 rares with master kits.

137 Ectos for a 0.9133 average (0.9 per is expected).
121 Runes for a 80.37% rate (80% with master kits).

120 Silk Scraps
74 Thick Leather Sections
79 Mithril Ore
6 Gossamer Scraps
6 Hardened Leather Sections
7 Orichalcum Ore

I did notice something interesting early on the salvaging cycle. The first 10 items produced 15 Ectos, the next 10 only 3. At 100 I had 88 Ectos. So sometimes the streaks can be extreme in the short run.

Edit: Made it clear that what I got very close to what I expected. Also made about 10g profit on a 30g investment.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Remember guys, the one time people were actually right about ecto salvages, people were posting sample sizes of 4000+.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

As far as I know, salvaging ectos still results in t6 dust

there’s nothing wrong with salvaging rares or exotics either

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

champ.7021

Remember guys, the one time people were actually right about ecto salvages, people were posting sample sizes of 4000+.

Would cost about 880g assuming each rare is about 22s each. Someone should do it :p
although seriously speaking the salvage rate should end up with either a profit or breaking near to even so if someone does spend the 880g to salvage 4000+ rares (oh forgot to factor in salvage kit costs) they probably wouldnt lose much.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Would cost about 880g assuming each rare is about 22s each. Someone should do it :p
although seriously speaking the salvage rate should end up with either a profit or breaking near to even so if someone does spend the 880g to salvage 4000+ rares (oh forgot to factor in salvage kit costs) they probably wouldnt lose much.

But unless you’re willing to do the test, you can’t make a point. People were doing these tests because they were so convinced something was up, and the test was done on video to have absolute results. Since, no one has done such tests which very much puts any theory to rest, until such test is performed.

One piece of evidence trumps all rumours in the world.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I think part of the problem is RNG still has a chance for 0 drops for very important items at this point it should not be that way the lowest anyone should ever get from rares is 1 ecto 1 DM for rares and CERTAINLY for exotics!

I also think it’s a recurring bug.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

yep, it’s RNG, and Anet is a pristine, pure, benevolent company that has never been proven to act questionably in their own favor. :roll eyes:

The previous time it was indeed a stealth nerf, but this time it really seems to be just a RNG case
(haven’t noticed any visible change to ecto salvage myself, though i do salvage mostly exotics lately, due to low supply of dark matter)

I’ve heard people talk in map chat where bosses don’t drop a single thing for them, champion bags don’t give them the new T7 resource at all when openned. It’s not just happening to me.

Well, only exotic boxes opened on a level 80 character give those, and when zergs are too big lot of people just don’t manage to get past the damage threshold, so both things are very possible, but are nothing that would suggest Anet messing with drop rates.

I was thinking it may be more of a bug with the drops considering this has happened before in the past and mmo’s tend to have recurring bugs often even with the best of update systems in place.

There has been a bug where people just simply weren’t receiving anything from bosses and the threshhold in order to receive bronze status really isn’t that high even for The Temple of Lyssa event.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

My salvage rate also feels horrible lately but but I don’t think my sample size is indicative of anything.

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Ive been thinking this for a month or two. Black Lion Salvage kits have not been giving me a nice supply of ectos from rares or even exotics.

I think this should warrant another investigation

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

They should add this topic to the list of bannable offenses unless accompanied by a video of 1000+ salvages as proof.

The ecto rate is fine, reporting this to be closed now.

champ.7021

Zudet are you…are you a gw2 god?!?!

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I think it’s RNG. I’ve been getting great salvage rates. Averaging more than 1 ecto per rare.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

champ.7021

Theres no harm in testing it out. Its not like Anet have had their rng in check all the time, remember the final rest fiasco

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Surprised we made it to page two before someone cried “sample size!”.

Ever notice how the people claiming sample size matters always demand a sample size that is larger than anything done by the people they disagree with?

You could put up stats that support your view by salvaging 10,000 exotics, and they’d come back with “Sample size is too small, there are millions of players”, and so on.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Scumbag Mawile.6384

Scumbag Mawile.6384

Anet is conspiring against us, slowly taking away our sources of income until we’re forced to buy and sell gems. It’s the only logical answer.

Also, anyone know the forge recipe to turn this tinfoil tophat into a tinfoil kippah? Shalom.

Disciple of Quag

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

omg this is so true!! i salvaged 2 rares and got no ecto! STEALTH NERF!!!

/sarcasm

Why do we always get these threads every now and then? It’s RNG

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Posted by: Lara Hesperax.2537

Lara Hesperax.2537

Exotics give 0 to 5 ecto Rares give 0 to 3, so the 24 is VERY DOABLE.

grins

Thanks for correcting them

On another note, why is it people see something and if they think it is wrong or unachievable, they claim it is a lie? :/

Sad world sometimes

LEEEEEEEERRRROOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYY JEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNKIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSS!

Posted by: arabeth.2361

arabeth.2361

RNG leads to hate. Hate leads to fear. And fear leads to… tinfoil hats.