Ecto's at an all time low.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

My point doesn’t revolve around market destabilization but on gameplay itself. When the rewards from a single activity outshine those from other activities by such a large amount, it causes players to abandon other game types. The fact that ABML is so much more lucrative means that players will forego other parts of the game in order to farm gold at ABML. This is not a healthy mentality for the game and it needs to be brought in line by ANet asap

My point is that it hasn’t hurt the game, despite it being hugely popular for months. You can only multiloot for 20 minutes every couple of hours, unlike Silverwastes (which could be 24/7).

There’s no question it has changed markets and there’s no question it has changed people’s farming and playing habits. But that’s a far cry from establishing a reason for suggesting that anything needs to be done “soon” let alone “ASAP.”

Silverwastes has been around for years. The flood of ectos started mid-June. When did AB multi become the default answer to “how do I earn gold quick?” when asked here? What feature dropped then or paradigm shift in player behavior occurred then?

At the very least AB multi may even sold a few more copies of HoT.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

There has always been a ‘best farm’ for years.

CoF1, Cursed Shore, QD/FG Champ Trains, Silverwastes, Dungeons, Fractal 40, Fractal 90 etc

The point is, if you’re trying to min max rewards every minute of game play you have then you’re going to have to forgo something because there’s always a best farm and not everything is rewarding in GW2 for the time spent.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

Bro listen…a lot of players carry with them merchant express which is more likely seen at the endchest in every ABML,do you know what it means?it means that tons of players sell green/blue and white right to the merchant for RAW gold(like sw cf),and nope,green items are not just 1 silver very often they’re a little bit less than the price on TP so it’s around 1.6×.
Ps: I have copper fed salvage kit along with 13k gold cash in my wallet but yeah,thanks for your advice.and for your info i’ve done ab like 10 times in a life,stopped right after realizing it’s broken and totally unlegit.

Who care if you have 13k gold , and a copper salvage kit ? Doing AB 10 times in a life and still worry about RAW GOLD in AB/ML . You must be very good at school bro .
Now , i’m the one who doing homework so answer my question : How can you create more than 2.25 RAW GOLD for me from 50 Grand Exalted Chest ?
Answer it or correct me if i’m wrong and we’ll continous discuss .

I already answered you about making raw gold from :
Random piece of equipment of at least Masterwork rarity.
Random piece of equipment of at least Fine rarity.

Let’s do a game,tonight i will go for a run of 50 chests and tell u how much raw gold i make from selling all the crap to merchant.

About the gold and kit i had to post it to stop you from being such a kitten

Done,opened 45 chests (9 maps) and got around 4.5g selling green and blue to merchant but i guess i’m the only one that does this instead of salvaging them in mats right?

so basically let’s say i’m just the 10% of people doing this through multiloot,need to make 10 runs to get 4g and 5 runs to make 2g.there u are ur raw gold.

The mats from salvage would be worth more than the vendor price.

To be blunt: only a minority, who have no grasp of value would vendor these items over salvage.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

CoF1, Cursed Shore, QD/FG Champ Trains, Silverwastes, Dungeons, Fractal 40, Fractal 90 etc

None of those farms had such an effect on the economy as AB ML

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Long may AB whatever last! As a vanilla player I’m reaping the benefits even if I can’t farm the locked content myself. Cheaper ecto, cheaper T6 dust, cheaper rare mats. Loving it!

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Posted by: AuTomA.2459

AuTomA.2459

Let’s do a game,tonight i will go for a run of 50 chests and tell u how much raw gold i make from selling all the crap to merchant.

DONE,OPENED 45 CHESTS (9 MAPS) AND GOT AROUND 4.5G SELLING GREEN AND BLUE TO MERCHANT BUT I GUESS I’M THE ONLY ONE THAT DOES THIS INSTEAD OF SALVAGING THEM IN MATS RIGHT?

so basically let’s say i’m just the 10% of people doing this through multiloot,need to make 10 runs to get 4g and 5 runs to make 2g.there u are ur raw gold.

I don’t believe you , 4,5 gold by selling Blue , Green items to merchant from 45 Grand Exalted Chest . Let’s do the math : Blue item sell for few coin , Green sell for 1,5 Silver each ( average ) but let’s just say that you alway get green item when open chest . You must have :
4.5 / 0.015 = 300 ( Green Items ) .
So if i count blue item , The number will be above 300 because i don’t have data of blue , green drop . I think you must have 350 items including green and blue to get 4.5 gold from merchant .
DOES ANYONES HERE BELIEVE THAT HE GETS 300 GREEN ITEMS FROM 45 GRAND EXALTED CHEST ?
YOU’RE A LIAR BRO .

Wait,i said 4.5g from everything i sold to merchant which includes everything except rares which i turned into ectos,big help was given from the bags and meta event.
I srsly we missing the point here,everyone is sharing opinions and fact not calling someone else liar because cant admit this farm is wrong,unlegit and for noobs that have no idea how to make gold using 10% of the brain they got.no wonder why people keep farm this,because its easy and requires 0 effort.
Wanna know why im so disgusted,because i used my brain and my sweat to make gold and the fact that 80% of players make their legendaries (an item that shoild be accessible only to the few that worked for it and DESERVED it)totally disappoints me,not counting the fact that every hour the whole community disappers because pressing F and make gold is the reason of playing gw2.
Abml is wrong but thats just my opinion

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

DONE,OPENED 45 CHESTS (9 MAPS) AND GOT AROUND 4.5G SELLING GREEN AND BLUE TO MERCHANT BUT I GUESS I’M THE ONLY ONE THAT DOES THIS INSTEAD OF SALVAGING THEM IN MATS RIGHT?

I don’t believe you , 4,5 gold by selling Blue , Green items to merchant from 45 Grand Exalted Chest . Let’s do the math : Blue item sell for few coin , Green sell for 1,5 Silver each ( average ) but let’s just say that you alway get green item when open chest . You must have :
So if i count blue item , The number will be above 300 because i don’t have data of blue , green drop . I think you must have 350 items including green and blue to get 4.5 gold from merchant .
DOES ANYONES HERE BELIEVE THAT HE GETS 300 GREEN ITEMS FROM 45 GRAND EXALTED CHEST ?
YOU’RE A LIAR BRO .

Wait,i said 4.5g from everything i sold to merchant which includes everything except rares which i turned into ectos,big help was given from the bags and meta event.
I srsly we missing the point here,everyone is sharing opinions and fact not calling someone else liar because cant admit this farm is wrong,unlegit and for noobs that have no idea how to make gold using 10% of the brain they got.no wonder why people keep farm this,because its easy and requires 0 effort.
Wanna know why im so disgusted,because i used my brain and my sweat to make gold and the fact that 80% of players make their legendaries (an item that shoild be accessible only to the few that worked for it and DESERVED it)totally disappoints me,not counting the fact that every hour the whole community disappers because pressing F and make gold is the reason of playing gw2.

the tl;dr version:
QQ my gold doesn’t feel worth as much anymore. pls nerf so I can feel rich again.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

I salvaged my ectos and made more gold out of ectos than I did by selling them. Like 4g. Plus I also got luck essence.

Zoid.2568

I salvaged 250 ectos and got 478 Piles of Crystalline Dust now. Plus a few stacks of luck essence. Worth it.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

There has always been a ‘best farm’ for years.

And always that “best farm” eventually gets nerfed (or completely killed) by Anet.

The point is, if you’re trying to min max rewards every minute of game play you have then you’re going to have to forgo something because there’s always a best farm and not everything is rewarding in GW2 for the time spent.

It’s not about it being the best farm, it’s about how good it is. In all previous instances, if a single farm became so much better than the rest, it got Anet’s attention and appropriate adjustments. Sometimes even some very unappropriate adjustments.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

AuTomA.2459

YOU’RE A LIAR BRO .

the tl;dr version:
QQ my gold doesn’t feel worth as much anymore. pls nerf so I can feel rich again.

actually it does since it’s a good amount and i’m definitely not QQ since i didn’t even open the thread myself,i’m sharing my opinions which are other people opinions too,about the nerf yeah,it has to be nerfed for the many reason i posted above.

No wonder,u coming from lol community?your comment doesn’t say otherwise.

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

There is only one issue I see with nerfing AB multiloot. If it gets nerfed amalgamated gemstones will skyrocket in price because
1) less people will do Tarir and thus pick the gemstone
2) the chests are a good source for orbs to make gemstones

So the price of amalgamated gemstones could go up by 50%. Even more so because Anet plans to make legendaries again which surely all require a stack of them.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

There is only one issue I see with nerfing AB multiloot. If it gets nerfed amalgamated gemstones will skyrocket in price because
1) less people will do Tarir and thus pick the gemstone
2) the chests are a good source for orbs to make gemstones

So the price of amalgamated gemstones could go up by 50%. Even more so because Anet plans to make legendaries again which surely all require a stack of them.

You only get Amalgamated Gemstone once per day as a reward from Tarir.

Maybe it’s time to introduce a new source for gemstones, just like the did with cloth and leather.

Malediktus.3740

I think most people only do tarir multiloot once per day anyway

Zoid.2568

Not if you have all day to do it..

Malediktus.3740

Not if you have all day to do it..

The average player of GW2 does not play enough hours per day to take part in two or more Tarir multiloot.

AuTomA.2459

2 days and half of halloween,nobody is doing multiloot and look ecto price,spiked 3s already and keep going up

Pls anet wake up

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

2 days and half of halloween,nobody is doing multiloot and look ecto price,spiked 3s already and keep going up

Pls anet wake up

wake up to what?

im bad at sarcasm

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Pls anet wake up

It’s also a possibility that the prices are rising due to Anet taking “a step back” from market controls per JS’s message a few weeks ago.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

AuTomA.2459

Pls anet wake up

It’s also a possibility that the prices are rising due to Anet taking “a step back” from market controls per JS’s message a few weeks ago.

or that the 2 things are walking together…who knows,the only thing that is sure atm is that people are farming lab instead of multiloot and in 3-4 days ectos spiked 5s.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Anet hasn’t done anything to ectos in a long time. The only reason why prices were up is because all the AB multi-map farmers are now doing Mad King lab runs. It’s more profitable to do Lab, because there’s no DR, and all enemies drop valuable ToT bags. After this event is over, they’ll return to AB farming, and ectos will flow once more.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I hardly call the movement of ecto price significant. Most of the time it’s still below 30s a piece. It’s only down 44K to 800K for sale on the TP, that’s roughly only 5% since Halloween started.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes