Eda's apple pie

Eda's apple pie

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

So, dev-s took her famous pie recipe and gave her a… spoon instead. Quarter of queensdale discusses her pie and now it’s just gone… What a loss… Why are you doing such horrible things, A-net?! Why?!?!

Attachments:

(edited by MeGaZlo.9516)

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: Sakri.7234

Sakri.7234

The recipe would confuse and overwhelm new players, so they removed it.

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

Food is a flabbergasting concept, mate. Certainly not for everyone. Besides, it’s directly connected to defecation and that’s just dirty.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

If newbies are confused by a cooking recipe, I think they have bigger issues to tackle, IMO. But Eda’s pie isn’t the only item(s) to be removed from starter areas.

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

If the OP was a final Jeopardy! answer, the question would be: What are metrics?

The table is a fable.

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: Snowmoon.1758

Snowmoon.1758

There is no spoon.

Attachments:

Staunch Supporter of Mounts in Guild Wars 2. Gimme mah Fluffeh White Bunneh!!!
Give us Mounts, Anet! Pretty Please with Chocolate, Whipped Cream, Cherry and Mayonnaise? d^_^b

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

Eda delicious apple pie, asuran golem chess, all these things were removed for no reason. Looks like the dev dont want us to enjoy the game and thsoe small things.

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: Bolbo Baggins.8594

Bolbo Baggins.8594

Although i must say i like the new player experience and other feature packs things after fixing and balancing i must say i’m also not amused of the unexplainable dumbdown of the beginnerareas. And ofcourse the removing of a ton of juvenile tamable pets for the ranger. It can give a new player the impression that the rest of the game also is this simple. The guide and the tips and things like the dodge tutorial are useful (they should have done this with the down state). The dumbed down beginning areas are contra learning like they are now. Its quite spoonfed. (hmm the spoons have a hidden message?)

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

On the other hand, there is no shortage of merchants selling…..

Bags.

Just Bags… : O

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Did anybody try if its a discoverable recipe now?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Eda's apple pie

MeGaZlo.9516

Oh. My. God.
Arlo’s watermelons has been confiscated from the shelves! His children and rabbits will die of hunger now! Why, A-net?! Why?!?!

(edited by MeGaZlo.9516)

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: Furyan.9578

Furyan.9578

Considering how some of this NPE is going are Arenanet sure they want to actually keep the players it caters towards? I mean, really. How many people have actually stop playing the game because golem chess was too confusing, or watering plants seemed like such a struggle, or feeding a cow to actually warranty even a fraction of those changes, and do you really think players who’ve found the lower levels so challenging to stay are going to find the later levels tolerable?

Their heads might explode when all their skills are unlocked.

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

I’d like some of Eda’s apple pie too.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Eda's apple pie

pessimist.7294

Considering how some of this NPE is going are Arenanet sure they want to actually keep the players it caters towards? I mean, really. How many people have actually stop playing the game because golem chess was too confusing, or watering plants seemed like such a struggle, or feeding a cow to actually warranty even a fraction of those changes, and do you really think players who’ve found the lower levels so challenging to stay are going to find the later levels tolerable?

Their heads might explode when all their skills are unlocked.

Anet wants their game to be so easy that even people without arms can play this game.

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

A lot of the karma items have mysteriously disappeared as well, including collectibles without which we cannot achieve. I’m looking at you, Brother Vince in Eldvin Monastery, and several others.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

I have only one chef now and I am glad that she knows this, just for nostalgia.
A game that is only 2 years old has generated nostalgia in such a way, that it is depressing.

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: Deifact.3095

Deifact.3095

Aw I have good memories munching on her pie… Even sharing it with other players!

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Look for it in the TP for 100g!

/me starts unfounded speculative crafting.

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: Neurochazm.5370

Neurochazm.5370

Everyone thought it was the cake, turns out .. The pie was a lie.

I believe in a long, prolonged, derangement of the senses in order to obtain the unknown.

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Eda delicious apple pie, asuran golem chess, all these things were removed for no reason. Looks like the dev dont want us to enjoy the game and thsoe small things.

WHAT. THEY REMOVED THE ASURA GOLEM CHESS?!

My guildies and I would sometimes spend afternoons duking it out there!! I had the winning streak!! How could they DO such a thing?!

cries

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: MVP.7961

MVP.7961

Removing flavor from the game will only make it more boring.

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

I don’t like apples.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Eda's apple pie

Asmodeus.5782

Well, the flavor IS being removed. The Inquest shark in Metrica is gone (the whole lake has been sterilized), because it was an early case of underwater combat. The bunnies in Wayfarer’s are not even aggresive anymore, because it was kinda difficult for a newbie. All the starter areas are much more bland and boring now. My biggest gripe about the NPE, I really don’t care about the gating, got plenty of scrolls and books…

William S. Burroughs

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Are you sure it’s that way for all maps, or just newbie experience? I remember someone saying you can’t turn into a Sylvan Wolf anymore in Caledon Forest, but when I went to check I could still get the option.

Only real change was the addition of an (albiet generous) boundary so you couldn’t travel the entire map as a sylvan hound. Although I suppose that would be understandable.

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

So, dev-s took her famous pie recipe and gave her a… spoon instead. Quarter of queensdale discusses her pie and now it’s just gone… What a loss… Why are you doing such horrible things, A-net?! Why?!?!

What is more amusing is the fact that now you go there with all the intention to help, kill a lot of big-kitten spiders risking your life, fight equally terrifying bats, BUT if you dare to ask her for a slice of delicious apple pie, SHE kittenING THROW IT AT YOUR FACE!!!

Oh. My. God.
Arlo’s watermelons has been confiscated from the shelves! His children and rabbits will die of hunger now! Why, A-net?! Why?!?!

About time that kitten put a kittening lock in the godkitten door.

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

oh yeah… me too

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

The sole purpose of removing low level cheap cooking materials and recipes is to make it harder and more expensive for people to farm keys. The ‘new’ way to do that, since the level cap for the personal story was raised, is to level your character through cooking and then do the personal story – which gives a black lion key at one point. I think the current record in this new way is 16 minutes to get one key.

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

They removed it cause it does not work with a story.

Eda's apple pie

pessimist.7294

WHAT. THEY REMOVED THE ASURA GOLEM CHESS?!

My guildies and I would sometimes spend afternoons duking it out there!! I had the winning streak!! How could they DO such a thing?!

cries

And this is just the beginning, soon all 5 races will be so simillar and dull that they only divide each other in body size.

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: Rabbitstew.2756

Rabbitstew.2756

To put it simply, they took a lot of the flavor out of many of the starter zones that made them unique and interesting in order to make it “less confusing”. While I’m not sure how picking up a stack of hay and giving it to a cow could be difficult or mind-blowing, I sure do hope A-net knows what they’re doing.

New players are introduced to these new areas and if they are bland, boring, and monotonous from the very start, they’ll leave and spread the word about how GW2 “is just like every other MMO”.

Eda's apple pie

MeGaZlo.9516

Ah… Starting zones now such easy and simple… And, well… 3 Mordrem dogs in iron marches, meanwhile, destroy a pack of several ascended guys in a seconds, without being even a veterans. Tentacles on Gravelash converted the whole area into a solid AoE zone from which no one could escape alive (not to mention the opportunity to kill it in the allotted time)… Champion Mordrem kills in range per second without the possibility to even roll out… In general, beginners will feel comfortable. Yap… Keep it up. Keep it up..

(edited by MeGaZlo.9516)

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

To put it simply, they took a lot of the flavor out of many of the starter zones that made them unique and interesting in order to make it “less confusing”. While I’m not sure how picking up a stack of hay and giving it to a cow could be difficult or mind-blowing, I sure do hope A-net knows what they’re doing.

New players are introduced to these new areas and if they are bland, boring, and monotonous from the very start, they’ll leave and spread the word about how GW2 “is just like every other MMO”.

Oh I am sure they removed the cow feed because it was an easy source of a speed buff for some players in that area. Example I would use it for a quick run to the bandit cave when I did farm keys. I’m pretty much sure a lot of these changes were done to slow down key farming/gold generating/transmute charges farming like another above said. Not that I am against that at all, I think it is a wise move on their part.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Eda's apple pie

MeGaZlo.9516

Oh I am sure they removed the cow feed because it was an easy source of a speed buff for some players in that area. Example I would use it for a quick run to the bandit cave when I did farm keys. I’m pretty much sure a lot of these changes were done to slow down key farming/gold generating/transmute charges farming like another above said. Not that I am against that at all, I think it is a wise move on their part.

Hmmmm… But.. why not just, well… remove the buff ?

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

If that’s the reason, it seems to me it would have been better and less destructive to remove the speed buff.

The table is a fable.

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

If that’s the reason, it seems to me it would have been better and less destructive to remove the speed buff.

Well they could have done that I guess, maybe there were a few reasons. It was a silly buff anyway considering how close the cows were lol.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Eda's apple pie

Asmodeus.5782

Nope, not buying it. It was just slashed like all the other bundles, for example cannonballs and mines in Plains of Ashford. Or water buckets, now we have to pat the fire gently until it goes out.

William S. Burroughs

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: Sir Egil The Bull.7869

Sir Egil The Bull.7869

I don’t remember ever using Edna’s Apple Pie.

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

You guys made me want to go downstairs to cafeteria and buy an apple pie if there’s any.

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Even if that was the reason, why the kitten did they still need to do it? They already made it so you have to be at least lvl10 to do the story to get the key.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

If newbies are confused by a cooking recipe, I think they have bigger issues to tackle, IMO. But Eda’s pie isn’t the only item(s) to be removed from starter areas.

if they are confused with that they will never touch the crafting system…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

So many unnecessary changes, such a waste of dev time. Sad, just really sad.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Eda's apple pie

pessimist.7294

Currently the game feels like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyXhysmMNhE
Guy in red=Anet, Guy in white=major playerbase

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

that is sad couldnt they have just added the spoon to her items?

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

that is sad couldnt they have just added the spoon to her items?

I think the measuring spoon was already there, actually.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Arena Net, removing content since 2012.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Eda's apple pie

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

What is more amusing is the fact that now you go there with all the intention to help, kill a lot of big-kitten spiders risking your life, fight equally terrifying bats, BUT if you dare to ask her for a slice of delicious apple pie, SHE kittenING THROW IT AT YOUR FACE!!!

takes a drink