Edited: Thank you, so much.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Saviourslave.6715

Saviourslave.6715

I started playing Guild Wars 2 back when the game first launched, when achievement points were worthless and 100 gems were worth 50 silver. I played through the first few patches, I grinded my face against the mad kings clocktower until I could do all the jumps with ease and no tears, I entered a few guilds, I had a few laughs, I had so so much fun with this new, beautiful and bright game
Southsun cove came along. The area was massive and beautiful, full of little nooks and crannies to explore and be amazed by, new jumping puzzles that would infuriate me to no end, incredibly monstrous enemies, veterans that I couldn’t solo! Southsun Cove was a hint at where this game could go in the future. Then the karka event happened, I wasted 6 hours through lag, disconnect, disconnect, lag, crash, overflow, overflow and yet another disconnect WHILE in an overflow followed by a crash. I complained on the forums expecting to never get any compensation at all.
BUT THEY LISTENED. I got a Karka chest in the mail and got an exotic backpiece, they said they would remember their mistakes from that event and believe it or not they DID address those sort of issues about one time events Afterwards I was still slightly annoyed by the whole thing and got more immersed in real life, other games, etc. Then I tried playing SWTOR. The game that said FREE FREE FREE but ingame told you otherwise. You weren’t allowed to trade, you had to compete for loot with your friends, hell you couldn’t even create your first character without seeing how many races are locked to you =/ I kept remembering how GW2 didn’t extort money out of you or wave a red flag cause you don’t subscribe, how they said they would like to do a living world initiative, free huge patches every month, something MMO players usually dream about.

Saviourslave.6715

I came back to GW2 and I realised I was away from home. The world was beautiful, the gamers were actually FRIENDLY (Bar the forums of course), the combat satisfying, and so much was added since I had left. Achievement points were awesome now! People were running around with jetpacks and axes on fire, tentacles writhing from their backs, shatterer wings flapping at the Mystic Forge, I was jealous of all the time I spent away from my favourite game, I felt like I betrayed it :P So I’m back for good now and all I hear on the forums is people complaining and insulting and threatening to leave the game. You find that in every MMO forum. HOWEVER, when SAB came around I got a little annoyed with how people reacted.
Josh Foreman was trying to control the flak he was barraged with about the game being too difficult, how he’s a heartless money-grabber and whatnot. I played SAB w1 and w2 the other day for the first time, and I have to admit, it was challenging, it was difficult, but not NEARLY to the extent that everyone was exaggerating it to. W1 was easier than w2, sure. But not by as huge a margin as the forums seemed to depict.
Josh, you poured your heart and soul into working on SAB, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I loved all the references to my favourite old school games, I loved the humour of the shopkeepers, I even laughed in Tribulation Mode sometimes (Possibly out of manic insanity at that point). I do believe that you were horrendously treated by the overall forum community, and for that I am sorry.
On behalf of all those who were busy playing and enjoying your creation in-game instead of shouting their displeasure and non-constructive criticism at you, I applaud you and your passion towards this game. I appreciate all the hours you put into the game and every jumping puzzle I do I compare to SAB and Clocktower. As a jumping puzzle addict I LOVED all the little additions in SAB, the water geysers, the logs, crocs and rapids I repeatedly died in, the flower boosters, even the bosses. For those who don’t enjoy jumping puzzles, the infantile mode was very much enjoyable (My fiancé thanks you dearly for that), and for those who needed more of a challenge Tribulation Mode was something that got them to concentrate for once
I believe that you thought of every type of player when you were working those late hours on this, and I truly believe you were crushed hearing all that negative feedback on the forums. I’d just like to let you know that those are not the ONLY opinions on SAB and that many many many people enjoyed the hell out of this living story release. Thank you for enriching this game with your passion and dedication Josh, don’t let all of this nonsense stop you or your passion from doing great things in this game or in real life

Saviourslave.6715

To the rest of ArenaNet’s staff (Who I don’t know so well), this game is fantastic. The Living World got off to a rough start, but you have learned and applied many lessons to the future instalments and it is starting to look much better and more polished as time goes on. The game does have glitches, zerker armour is annoyingly viable, dungeons and world bosses are too easy, many classes and races need some love and attention and the story needs a bit more progression.
HOWEVER it’s only your first year, and a hugely controversial and experimental one at that. The amount of attention you guys have been paying to players wishes and needs is monumental, and the balancing act you are trying to achieve satisfying all different player types is a largely underrated undertaking. I trust the dev team with this incredible game’s potential, and I know that a year or two from now most or all of these issues will be history. The living world initiative is a tough one, and there will be many vocal and unsatisfied forumers raging about the games “Inevitable end”. Take it with a pinch of salt, and know that there are thousands more players who actually like and enjoy the game’s direction.
This MMO is unique in so many ways, everything you guys are doing is new and different. Things will be difficult to balance, but you are working on it. Things will be hard to implement, but you are trying anyways. Players are hard to please, but you will succeed.
I might be the only one who has this opinion, and this post might get completely ignored just because of it’s length, but I at the very least hope that you guys see that this one player enjoys and appreciates all the hard work you guys are putting into this game I look forward to what this game will become, and look forward to this year to come

tl;dr: Thank you ArenaNet, thank you.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Thank you, you have restored some of my faith in humanity… and shown that some actual “humans” do come to the forums

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

you guys are making this worse….

guy gets in trouble for giving too much info forum

so you guys link and post threads about his blog where he reveals even MORE info

all these threads are going to cause him to get fired

if you wanna show support go play SAB

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Very Nice post
Enjoy your adventures in Tyria

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Dear ArenaNet,

It’s good to hear positive criticism from time to time. It helps keep you motivated and enthusiastic about your jobs. However, please note that negative criticism is what you really should pay attention to. It is in reading and accepting the negative criticism that can help you make your game better. So after reading this very nice OP, please go through all the negative threads to see what you may be doing wrong.

P.S. Don’t forget the WvW forum.

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Just one day I would like to see ANet’s PR guys take the day off. Their whole entire staff
come on the forums and say whatever was on their minds.

As a huge critic of the game nothing would make me happier than to see one of their staff members come on these forums and tell me along with all the other critics to just kitten off. It would be nice to know that there are people at ArenaNet outside of Josh Foreman that still care about making a great game and not just about chasing after financial profit.

I would love to get their honest opinion on time gating, I bet they hate it as much as we do.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Just one day I would like to see ANet’s PR guys take the day off. Their whole entire staff

As a huge critic of the game nothing would make me happier than to see one of their staff members come on these forums and tell me along with all the other critics to just kitten off. It would be nice to know that there are people at ArenaNet outside of Josh Foreman that still care about making a great game and not just about chasing after financial profit.

I would love to get their honest opinion on time gating, I bet they hate it as much as we do.

Why do you think Riot Games is so friggin successful, THEY TALK TO US PLAYERS, a lot.

Anet needs to just…… ugh, just stop being silly.

Posted by: iFocus.3781

iFocus.3781

I share a deep platonic love for you Saviour. In difference to you I would sincerely like to tap the forum on the nose. Anet is listening to the majority of people who provide constructive critisism. Look up “Constructive critisism”, make sure you understand it, practise it, and you can finally expect to have your voice heard. Also PLEASE stop the friggin drama! No wonder they don’t listen to you when you all act like spoiled brats. No one ever listens to a spoiled brat, apart from their parents, and Anet is NOT your parent.

Don’t like the game? Quit. NO ONE CARES.

Saviourslave.6715

I’m very sure that they’re always reading the forums and I am CERTAIN they know what the players think they’re doing wrong. If they responded to every single post in the name of visibility, they’d never get to actually work on what the players are asking for. Yes they should listen to the negative criticism, but what I’m sick of is ONLY seeing negative criticism with no constructive feedback. It’s time the forums got a little more positivity in them, that might actually entice them to speak on the forums more. Right now it’s like they’re Batman: Silently watching the city of Gotham tearing itself apart with chaos and unhappiness, while they do their best to save it in the shadows while the public reviles them.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Realy nice post!

Even though I am one of those who complained about the Rapids (Lag, annoying water pillars knocking you etc) and gong tower but I just love how the rest of W2 was, and I can’t complain about the fix iether, it shows you that Devs listens and I know it wasn’t Josh’s intent but I realy feel sorry for him putting down so much work and then gets a showel up his face… Can you imagine how many other in Anet that this happens too?

Saviourslave I agree with you to the fullest
But I also have to say that there has to be complaints and suggestions otherwise there won’t be fixes to stuff, but it is rather sad to see that every update get’s complaints…
Looking at Classes forums I see that more or less every class is complaining about the possible next update and looking at Tequatl Living story there are even people complaining that he is to hard before they have even tried it! Sick…

Sorry for my rant, my point was; Good post Saviourslave! XD

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Thank you for being the voice of the silent few, or many; I’ve no idea what the numbers are. I hope there are more than just a few the appreciate all the hard work. I do, I get an enormous amount of entertainment and fun from this game. It may have flaws, here and there, but it sure delivers a great ‘bang for your buck’!

Posted by: Lambros Augustus.6594

Lambros Augustus.6594

Theres many good things about this game, otherwise I wouldn’t bother to post on here.

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

You aren’t supposed to address threads to specific developers. You need to take the name out of your thread title.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Bravo Saviour, Bravo. You have my heartfelt thanks for your post, something I wanted to do after much of the crap I read on here yesterday, but couldn’t find the words for. Of course, had I written anything even remotely similar, I’d have simply been written off as just another fangurl spewing her blindness.. go figure. Still, again thank you.

We need more voices on here that are reasonable, that are positive. More that are willing to take a deep breath and offer constructive criticism, rather than just raging. While even constructive criticism can sometimes be hard to take, its not anywhere near as demoralizing as all the hate and venom that’s being blasted at the devs. For which, I feel terrible, because I know I’m not innocent. There have been days where I have been less than rational on here.

To Anet, since I’m sure someone will at least gloss over this, even if no one responds (and I’m ok with that), many thanks from both me and my husband. We love this game, and have been enjoying the living story updates as a nice distraction when we need to take a break from leveling our numerous characters. We look forward to the next installment of it. =)

To Josh, while SAB is not my favorite content (not jumptastically inclined here), I did try World 1 this time around. I haven’t gotten through zone 2, but I made it through zone 1 in the normal mode, and that’s a huge achievement for me. I enjoy the nostalgia it triggers, for the original NES system, and I find myself smiling every time I die because I did something stupid. Takes me back to my Mario days…I sucked at that too, haha. So, while I can’t beat it, thank you for it anyway. Don’t let the acidic personalities on here bring you down with their ignorance, and intolerance. Your love of your work shows in what you give us and many voiceless players love it. This is proven simply by the fact that the thing is packed with players every time I zone in to give it another try…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Saviourslave.6715

I have reread the forum conduct rules and will gladly change the topic if an ArenaNet mod instructs me to do so, however I don’t believe it to be a breach as it does not engage in any personal attacks, disrespect any person, and does not inhibit the cultivation of a user-friendly environment. However if my understanding of the Forum Code of Conduct in this regard is flawed I will happily change the topic of the post when/if instructed to do so. Also, thank you for all the responses I’m hoping a dev sees this post and all the love for them in it.

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

Whoah… wait… actual humans post on forums? I thought that only trolls lived here

I have to say that I did have fun with SAB and it’s a nice break from the more currently grindy-ish aspects of the game.

They also made a really great design decision with the achievement points unlocking stuff and bonuses and I really hope they choose to do more with that system in the future.

While I do have my gripes… In general, Anet does a pretty darn good job with GW2; there is a reason I am still playing.

Sure, GW2 doesn’t ‘extort money’, in your opinion. But one advantage a game like SWTOR has over this one, is that SWTOR releases fresh, truly NEW content on a regular basis.

That’s always a good thing; it’s a waste and it just creates a landfill full of obsolete “content.” I have always been annoyed at the idea of being locked into, not even, a handful of “high level” areas and found it quite disturbing that any decent developer would allow “content” to just rot away after it’s initial hype and launch period.

(edited by Sollith.3502)

Posted by: wmtyrance.3571

wmtyrance.3571

Why do you think Riot Games is so friggin successful, THEY TALK TO US PLAYERS, a lot.

Anet needs to just…… ugh, just stop being silly.

I don’t get why their afraid to post on the boards. It just makes them look like they don’t care.

Posted by: Konrad Curze.5130

Konrad Curze.5130

if the OP played PvP (either sPvP or WvW), the starting post would be a lot different

its easy to be somewhat optimist of the game when you are a PvEr

I mean, you might not agree with everything they have done so far, but at least you know that the devs care about you, listen to you, and 99,999995% of the new content goes for you

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I don’t get why their afraid to post on the boards. It just makes them look like they don’t care.

Have you ever had to deal with someone, of a group of someones, that no matter what you did they never had a good thing to say?

No matter how you responded to them, they cut you down and made you feel like you were less than the dirt they walked on?

That you simply were a waste of life?

It hurts. Its demoralizing. And its tremendously bad for motivating creativity.

While the people at anet may not feel the hurt to perhaps the extreme I gave as an example, they are still feeling it. Look at the recent comment from Josh Foreman…he’s “learned his lesson”? Won’t bother wasting his effort in the future? Such comment do not bode well for the game, not when they come from such talented, and well loved designers.

If it were you, and the people you were trying to please, made you feel like absolute kitten, would you want to respond to them? When having done so previously was as about as effective as shoving your heart in a blender? I wouldn’t.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Good post OP. It’s nice to see something positive in this sea of negativity.

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

It’s nice to see a bit of positivity here in the forums, too much trolls are exhausting lately… especially since people sell troll-posts as “opinions” and no one removes them to get a healthy constructive playerbase.

@OP: great posts, I agree with all my heart. Yes, there are problems, BUT yes: there are developers who listen to us and work on these problems for the best possible experience. People forget that it actually takes quite some time that we can see the reactions of the developers in the game.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

if the OP played PvP (either sPvP or WvW), the starting post would be a lot different

its easy to be somewhat optimist of the game when you are a PvEr

I mean, you might not agree with everything they have done so far, but at least you know that the devs care about you, listen to you, and 99,999995% of the new content goes for you

I don’t think that it’s because Anet isn’t listening to pvpers; it seems much more like they are somewhat hesitant about where they should take it in the future. It probably isn’t the success that they though it would be and as such seem to be taking it slowing with that side of things.

The way they handle things like balance and stuff is a process that seems to take a while to get into full motion, while throwing out a couple of bosses and a storyline is probably a little more straightforward to do than mess with core systems that might just put a big hole through the bottom of their ship.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

One thing I saw from his blog was where SAB wasn’t as popular this time, and he blames himself. That he let the team down. Imo the drop in popularity is because people are feeling overwhelmed. Content is coming out at such a fast pace that people are backing off. There is no breathing space between these events and this causes the special events to no longer be special, just more of the same. If there had been a week or two between the last LS and SAB, I bet the response to it would have been a lot more. People would have had time to decompress, get bored and be looking forward to new content.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

The reason that people know the travails of a certain employee at Anet is through his personal blog where he describes being disciplined by his employer. He does it in such a way as to demonstrate that he is right and his employer (well, and the customers) is wrong. And, his posting functions in such a way as to drive a wedge between the employer and the customers.

Undoubtedly, he has been disciplined further for all the comments upon which threads like this one are based. For anyone with personnel experience in the world of business, this describes an all too common scenario. You have a very talented employee who has some employment issues.

There is nothing particularly positive or negative about the subject of this thread in terms of what it is about. No one disagrees that Anet has talented developers. What we are witnessing is a personnel issue, not any particularly large statements about the game, its customers, or its developers.

(edited by Raine.1394)

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I’m surprised this hasn’t gotten locked yet. Its against forum rules to call out a dev or devs, even anet for that matter.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Josh needs a long holiday, away from his computer, with the knowledge that he has his company’s ongoing support (which I expect he does).

The game is awesome, the game grows, and the game is in much better shape than one who spends more time on the forum than in the actual game might think.

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

I really don’t have anything to add.
What has already been said is enough.
I just want to show that I support OP and Josh Foreman and a policy where the staff talks to the players and take in criticism and tell the players back that they are working on it / they don’t know what’s wrong / ask for more information / tell the people that they have to observe for a while longer.
No harm has been done by Josh, but harm is done by silence and lack of communication.
Go Josh!

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Why do you think Riot Games is so friggin successful

Graves beach skin? At least thats what made me play the game. I’d be willing to forgive a lot for better costumes.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

(edited by Brutal Arts.6307)

Saviourslave.6715

How is this a constructive post? You’re giving out hate speech and saying that Foreman’s honesty is bad? And my post is supposed to get locked, sheesh… I didn’t post this thread to begin a discussion about how bad the game is, that the dev’s must get started or to move their butts and start working, that Foreman is gonna get fired, none of that conspiracy whatnot junk. I posted this thread to just show my admiration and gratefulness to ArenaNet and it’s developers as a whole, and my sympathy for Josh who must be going through a hard time. I don’t hate any of the devs, I know for a fact that they are doing their best to make a game that we all will love and enjoy and spend time in. I wish this community wasn’t so toxic that ArenaNet is scared of allowing it’s employees to talk freely on the forums, because of all the negativity, hate and harm the community will post on the forums in return. I’m sorry if my post is supposed to get deleted, I’m sorry if I get somebody in trouble, I’m sorry if I’ve “Called out” anybody in a bad way or method or whatnot. I’m just here trying to say thank you to the people who have made this game my favourite game of all time, and I’m just trying to get their spirits up a little. Are you going to help me with that, or do you want to bring this company’s spirits down?

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

I share a deep platonic love for you Saviour. In difference to you I would sincerely like to tap the forum on the nose. Anet is listening to the majority of people who provide constructive critisism. Look up “Constructive critisism”, make sure you understand it, practise it, and you can finally expect to have your voice heard. Also PLEASE stop the friggin drama! No wonder they don’t listen to you when you all act like spoiled brats. No one ever listens to a spoiled brat, apart from their parents, and Anet is NOT your parent.

Don’t like the game? Quit. NO ONE CARES.

Nice post OP!

Re all the negativity in the above, and similar, quotes: my impression is that the negativity is true of many if not all game forums, not just GW2. I don’t think you were suggesting otherwise, but I just want it to be clear for what follows. I think a large percentage of gamers are kids who have, naturally, developed little emotional maturity possibly combined with an over developed sense of entitlement. They come here to act out. I can’t think of any way to prevent that and so it becomes incumbent on the rest of us to ignore them and, most importantly, not to engage with them unless what they post is constructive and worthy of other people’s time. This strategy is commonly referred to as “don’t feed the troll”.

I started playing GW2 at release and played through the Halloween event after which I promptly stopped playing. I stopped playing because there were just too many annoying things about the game and ANet seemed intransigent and unwilling to address them. However, I came back to the game three weeks ago and have been pleasantly surprised. The game is quite a bit more fun now and less annoying (but we still don’t have a LFG tool). I’ve been having a good time and think I will stick around. I’ve been getting the impression that there are too many events and I say that only because I get the feeling that the events are encouraging players away from the rest of the world, making dynamic events difficult to do solo. But I could be wrong as I’ve only been back in here for three weeks. Still have to repair and pay just to resurrect at a WP, but oh well.

But I digress, basically what I wanted to say was “Nice post OP and well done ANet! Things seem to be moving in a good direction!”

Astral Projections.7320

Snip
However, I came back to the game three weeks ago and have been pleasantly surprised. The game is quite a bit more fun now and less annoying (but we still don’t have a LFG tool).
Snip

Sept 17th update. LFG on the Hero panel. ^^

Now what they need to add is an ignore function on the forum. There are some people who are consistently negative and rarely if ever constructive. Yet they post multiple times a day.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Ashadow.6874

Ashadow.6874

I understand that as players, we rant about a lot. Sometimes we get overly riled up, sometimes something we want is “talked about” and then never occurs because of time constraints, or because it would be too hard to implement right away. We get mean sometimes. And sometimes we are just far too passionate about things that don’t make sense.

But at the end of the day. Guildwars 2 is a REALLY enjoyable game. It might not seem like it sometimes, but most of us I would wager really love playing this game. Everything might not be going exactly how we want it to. But we enjoy getting to hear from the Devs, we enjoy knowing that not only do they read these forums. But they feel free to respond and address issues, to let us know what little bit of what is happening that they can.

SAB was a blast. The difficultly being turned up was fun. People shied away this time because last time it was TOO rewarding, and this time it wasn’t rewarding enough. (It would have been made slightly better if instead of 2 bauble bubbles a day, we were rewarded with say 4 per Zone. Lots of us are Altoholics, what can I say? 12 Bauble Bubbles a day vs 24 Bauble Bubbles for normal mode is a huge difference. It allows you to get your skins but have a chance to not play for several days at a time.)

The Living Story being 2 weeks at a time, and being allowed to finish the first half of the month’s Living Story for the ENTIRE month is awesome. It makes things not so much of a rush, and is more enjoyable.

Anet has been making quite a lot of very key decisions, and listening to the player-base.

Please don’t shut down and stop talking to us as well. Silence is more harmful for the game than a Dev accidentally saying the wrong thing. We understand nothing is set in stone until patches or releases are live.

Besides, Josh is amazing. <3

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

(edited by Ashadow.6874)

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

snip

snip

Excellent! (And some more chars to make this more than 15 characters)

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

I’m waiting for the thread to be locked. Pretty sure you can’t call out on devs no matter what reason you have.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Snip
However, I came back to the game three weeks ago and have been pleasantly surprised. The game is quite a bit more fun now and less annoying (but we still don’t have a LFG tool).
Snip

Now what they need to add is an ignore function on the forum. There are some people who are consistently negative and rarely if ever constructive. Yet they post multiple times a day.

All that will do is make all of the posters who know what they’re talking about but don’t phrase themselves kindly enough (myself included) be ignored for our supposed lies, slander and “elitism” rather than people educating themselves, which again in my case I was able to do.

Big no to an ignore function, since all it will do is promote even more ignore-ance than the game and the game’s player mentality already does.

Also, ANet have done a whopping jack all to dungeons to make them better for months, you still get better rewards for pressing 1 at champs in open world than you do for fully gearing your character, executing skill rotations, effective mob pulls and trash skips (which in Arah is a lot harder than it sounds) and for improving your reflex and improvisational skills.

We can’t reward dungeon people because that would make people who want to just fall asleep on their bearbow ranger pressing 1 mad.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: PainShot.7154

PainShot.7154

Mmmm, sry for that angry post. i will try to write better my point.
—————————————-

You have a beautiful prose.
But i dont agree with you in almost nothing.

There are problems of comunication from ANet.
We dont know when SAB will end.
We dont know if the bubble achievement from W2Z3 its too hard, or if its buged, and trying to complete its a waste of time and effort.
Also, some dev confirm that they dont test the content in latency conditions, and that shows in the releases, which are extremely more difficult for players with high latency. They need to change that way to test things, they should consider lag in the created content. The fix in the jump-flowers its a step in the right direction.
Foreman too accept that players lost interest in SAB content. Quote: “Later in the day I casually asked the founder/president if we had any analytics about how many people were playing. Well collecting that kind of data seems to be really fun for him as far as I can tell, so we ended up working together to gather that information for a while. That was nice, except for finding out what I suspected based on my forum experience: the numbers are pretty dismal (Compared to the exceptional numbers of the first SAB) right now.”

Game its not all the good things you say. It has errors, and we as players need to show that errors to de devs from our point of view, so they can make better decisions in the future. I just want to make a counterpoint.

Astral Projections.7320

Snip
Snip

All that will do is make all of the posters who know what they’re talking about but don’t phrase themselves kindly enough (myself included) be ignored for our supposed lies, slander and “elitism” rather than people educating themselves, which again in my case I was able to do.

Big no to an ignore function, since all it will do is promote even more ignore-ance than the game and the game’s player mentality already does.

Also, ANet have done a whopping jack all to dungeons to make them better for months, you still get better rewards for pressing 1 at champs in open world than you do for fully gearing your character, executing skill rotations, effective mob pulls and trash skips (which in Arah is a lot harder than it sounds) and for improving your reflex and improvisational skills.

We can’t reward dungeon people because that would make people who want to just fall asleep on their bearbow ranger pressing 1 mad.

It’s interesting that you think my comment was directed towards your sort of posts, but it wasn’t. I actually think you have said many constructive things while not agreeing with the manner in which you said them. The type of people I was referring to just get on a thread to say “this game sucks” and comments of that nature without ever having anything useful or constructive to say. Those are the types of people who I would like an ignore function for.

Posted by: Art.9820

Art.9820

Dear ArenaNet,
However, please note that negative criticism is what you really should pay attention to.

What you’re telling them is that they should listen to the kid who keeps calling them stupid.

You should fix that.

Constructive criticism***

All classes

(edited by Art.9820)