Editing character origin.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Thevoidiscold.4910

Thevoidiscold.4910

So, I’m a human guardian and I chose Kormir as the god who blessed me. Now this has absolutely no relevance really to the game and is so minor it’s not even a problem but hell I regret it. I have a chance to be blessed by the god of war or death and I choose the goddess of truth. How lame is that? I just wish I could edit it, change my origin. I’v played like 1300 hours on this toon and it’s just that small little thing that irritates me.

Ariel Ostrovsky
Blackgate/Guardian
Ayy Lmao

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Since it has zero impact on anything at all in the game (ok, maybe there is one line of PS dialogue somewhere that notes it?), you certainly can change your origin. It’s called RP

Just tell others that you are Balthazaarian. They’ll have no way to check, only you can see your “My Story.”

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

For what its worth I consider the idea of the goddess of secrets and truth to be more interesting than war or death which seem much more commonplace in fantasy gaming.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The idea might be good, in general, but it’s specifically Kormir we’re talking about. Frankly, i’d rather be blessed by Abaddon.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

The idea might be good, in general, but it’s specifically Kormir we’re talking about. Frankly, i’d rather be blessed by Abaddon.

Solid point.

Posted by: Thevoidiscold.4910

Thevoidiscold.4910

I don’t hate Kormir or anything, I just find it anti-climactic. Why I chose her when I first made my toon, no idea. And in the story Queen Jennah asks what you are descended from if I remember correctly. Like Ascalonian, krytan, etc. Don’t think the gods ever come up at all. It’s such a small gripe but I just can’t stop thinking about it. Though I did choose the order of whispers which is pretty suitable for Kormir now that I think about it. Though at the same time I am a guardian and I took the order of whispers which is weird lol. Just picture it. Top secret mission, gotta be all stealthy and spy like. Run in, jump at the first enemy I see. Light everything on fire. Swing a giant sword around like a maniac. Very stealthy.

Ariel Ostrovsky
Blackgate/Guardian
Ayy Lmao

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

For what its worth I consider the idea of the goddess of secrets and truth to be more interesting than war or death which seem much more commonplace in fantasy gaming.

Praise Abaddon! and Balthazar!

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]