Effect of rune changes on boon duration?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: sirjarros.4107

sirjarros.4107

Q:

Dear Anet,

Regarding the rune changes in the April 15 Feature Pack, the one thing that was not covered in either the blog post or the Ready Up was exactly how Boon Duration builds would be effected by the changes.

Will it no longer be possible to reach 100% boon duration?
If it will be possible, then how will we reach 100%?
Because currently Giver’s gear is sub-optimal compared to combining runes.
Will there be a NEW rune(s) oriented toward accomplishing this?

Kindly provide some clear and relevant information on how maxing out boon duration will work come April 15th. Without more information it would appear the upcoming changes are reducing our ability to reach 100%. And I want to have a chance to plan my alternatives if this is the case. I certainly hope it’s NOT the case.

Thanks!

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

As a Berserker you won’t have 100% boon duration. A build focusing on damage should never have that much survival.

Posted by: Dreary Yew.5187

Dreary Yew.5187

As a Berserker you won’t have 100% boon duration. A build focusing on damage should never have that much survival.

Who said this was for full zerk?

Not everyone plays this game for the PvE. Boon duration on classes like Guardians is extremely powerful in both tPvP and WvW.

[STUN] Guardian and Altoholic
i7 4770k Haswell 4.8GHz GTX 780 16Gb DDR3

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Not everyone plays this game for the PvE. Boon duration on classes like Guardians is extremely powerful in both tPvP and WvW.

Flamethrower engi too, but I’m not hopeful. They have specifically said they want to move the useful rune effects from #2 to #4, #5 or #6 to force encourage players to use full rune sets.

But, you know? Play the game the way you want to play!

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

While not exactly rune related, this could be a good time to rebalance Giver’s Gear… make the Boon Duration more in line with other stats.

Posted by: Tranc.6780

Tranc.6780

Boon duration is also good on elementalist Aura Sharing builds. They said they would make a rune for every build. Let’s hope that’s true.

sirjarros.4107

I was asking a general question, but so that other posters know where I am coming from, I main a boon support guardian with 100% boon duration (what I personally call “The Boonsta” build lol) and am wanting to plan for any changes that may effect this build. Currently I use the 2 x Water, 2 x Monk, 2 x Traveler combo to reach 45% just from my runes.

That said, I am hopeful that they will keep it possible to reach 100% boon duration. Mostly because of what I saw in the Ready Up regarding the Balthazar rune reworking. The new version actually has 45 burning duration. So if they are reaching 45 for burn, then it’s completely possible to do it for boon in one rune set.

I just want details and infos!

sirjarros.4107

And I agree that Giver’s gear could certainly use an overhaul. I’m doubtful it will happen in the Feature Pack. But, if it did happen, that would certainly open up some more options for boon duration builds!

Posted by: Rudy.6184

Rudy.6184

Did you see how new monk rune is going to be? It has overall +15% boon duration (yes same as now but it gives you 5% from 2 bonus and 10% from fourth). Did you see how the new rune of strengh works? +45% might duration. Anet clearly wants us to make boon specific builds, not all boon builds. With this change my build as dd ele and crit dmg reduction on my celestial make me to change build compleatly. As you said +45% burn duration, not condi duration.

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

I hope they will fix givers/snowflake gear and make boon duration a stat just like ferocity.

Posted by: WhimsicalPacifist.2943

WhimsicalPacifist.2943

Did you see how new monk rune is going to be? It has overall +15% boon duration (yes same as now but it gives you 5% from 2 bonus and 10% from fourth). Did you see how the new rune of strengh works? +45% might duration. Anet clearly wants us to make boon specific builds, not all boon builds. With this change my build as dd ele and crit dmg reduction on my celestial make me to change build compleatly. As you said +45% burn duration, not condi duration.

Elementalist survivability is predicated upon three separate boons: Regeneration, Vigour, and Protection. Swiftness might be included as well if roaming. This matters less in PvE but for WvW it does make a substantial additional nerf to Elementalist survivability.

Posted by: Rudy.6184

Rudy.6184

Elementalist survivability is predicated upon three separate boons: Regeneration, Vigour, and Protection. Swiftness might be included as well if roaming. This matters less in PvE but for WvW it does make a substantial additional nerf to Elementalist survivability.

Yup thats why i pointed it (you forgot about stability). I’m a wvw roamer maining dd ele and theese changes make me cry (not to mention this crit on celestial or that we got 2 sigils, not 4, while you can’t switch weapon with stacking sigil and maintain stacks). If it is going to be like it seems, I’m quitting the game (for this build i paid over 800 gold and about 200 laurels – full ascended).

Posted by: Nate.8146

Nate.8146

Yeah, stability definitely benefits from boon duration. I’ve been rolling boon duration on my engineer for several months now and I’m afraid that play style will soon come to an end. I don’t blame Anet for what they’re doing however. It always felt odd to me to mix and match runes like that, but the duration payouts were necessary to attract customers to those products. At the new advertised rates for specializing, I just don’t don’t see the incentive and it’s likely those runes will sit in the bargain bin.

I’ve been thinking about it for a while, but I guess this is my incentive to switch over to Runes of Melandru. If I can’t get decent boons, then I’ll just make your own conditions and stuns weaker. I have a feeling the price of those runes are going to skyrocket.