Ele new spec weapon? [leaks]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

What will ele get in the next xpack? Sword, GS??

Any leaks how will the new spec be called?

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

As for it is said, sword and reaver. You would be better asking on ele forum tho

M I L K B O I S

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I was told elementalists would be getting swords in HoT too though. To the point of people telling me Anet had “unofficially confirmed” that was the case. Then of course they got warhorns instead.

It’s possible they changed their minds over time, it’s also possible someone made it up. Either way I wouldn’t trust rumours. Or at least I wouldn’t make any plans about which weapons to get, or get really excited about what’s going to happen until it’s official.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

I wonder when people are going to realize that ANet doesnt do leaks… 99% of the time the “leaked” information on guildwars updates are fabrications.

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

I wonder when people are going to realize that ANet doesnt do leaks… 99% of the time the “leaked” information on guildwars updates are fabrications.

Everything you just said is fabrication…

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

I was told elementalists would be getting swords in HoT too though. To the point of people telling me Anet had “unofficially confirmed” that was the case. Then of course they got warhorns instead.

It’s possible they changed their minds over time, it’s also possible someone made it up. Either way I wouldn’t trust rumours. Or at least I wouldn’t make any plans about which weapons to get, or get really excited about what’s going to happen until it’s official.

I’m not sure how accurate this is, but I had read somewhere that we were supposed to get swords with HoT, but the Warhorn stuff was fully completed first because there was still some work needed on the sword spec.

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

Ele would be getting a sword though I’m not sure if it’s just sword or sword and something else?

I believe this leak is real because they have like really cool pictures of each classes’ new specializations. I love the thief with the rifle picture (looks like a sniper).

I’m really excited for the expansion, I mean there are so many things I have to do at the moment (like getting Aurora and the wvw backpiece), but I’m really excited for new content and new specializations. It’s what I love about GW2, classes being able to use so many diff weapons.

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

Everything you just said is fabrication…

No… it really isn’t, the only “leak” that was ever actually real was way back in the GW1 days for the canceled expansion Guild Wars: Utopia. There have been fake leaks over the years that have been created by outside sources who occasionally got lucky with some of their guesses, but the vast majority of the information has been blatantly false. You shouldn’t put any stock in guild wars leaks, they arn’t real.

The “leaked” information for HoT proved to be completely unreliable. The “leaked” information for GW2 turned out to be completely bogus. The “leaked” information for this next expansion has changed so drastically with each new “leak” that it’s quite obvious they are faked. I’m honestly prepared to laugh my ass off on Tuesday when the announcement disproves a lot of the supposedly leaked information.

The only real information we have about the next expansion is that it’s going to start out in the Crystal Desert, and potentially go all the way into Elona. Balthazar will be a central figure in the story. And there will be a new set of Elite Specs. Past that we know nothing.

Things we can speculate from information provided directly by ANet through either posts or LS3:
Mesmers &/or Necromancers might be getting Hexes again.
The final boss is likely to not be an Elder Dragon.

With the information we know, it is possible to create some very close guesses as to what we will get with the expansion. But despite how accurate the guesses might be, they are still just guess work.

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

There are no leaks in this game except for a bit of data mining. The only reason they seem legitimate sometimes is because ArenaNet takes inspiration from the community during development and changes course.

[HoT SPOILERS]
Did you know that on YouTube, there’s videos of someone predicting the entire storyline of the Sylvari, that they belong to Mordremoth, etc. years before Heart of Thorns was even announced? And of course, people thought this was a leak of early, abandoned material, when its more likely that ArenaNet saw this and say “hey, this matches up pretty well with lore, let’s change things up a bit!”.

Of course, they can’t just come out and say this, because there’s alot of legal red tape in the world of game development.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

The “leaked” information for HoT proved to be completely unreliable. The “leaked” information for GW2 turned out to be completely bogus. The “leaked” information for this next expansion has changed so drastically with each new “leak” that it’s quite obvious they are faked. I’m honestly prepared to laugh my ass off on Tuesday when the announcement disproves a lot of the supposedly leaked information.

The only real information we have about the next expansion is that it’s going to start out in the Crystal Desert, and potentially go all the way into Elona. Balthazar will be a central figure in the story. And there will be a new set of Elite Specs. Past that we know nothing.

Yeah, dunno about how the “leak” has changed but we’ve seen rather a lot in the recent big “leak”. We’ve seen maps, masteries (including mounts), the elite spec unlock trees (including the weapons and names) and there’s been a lot more. I say “we’ve” but I saw a couple of screenshots with a lot of information in them and decided I’d rather find out more when it was closer to release.

After that particular leak Mike O’Brien made a somewhat pointed warning about spoiling things for yourself:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/68vw84/flashpoint_devs_here_ask_us_anything/dh1pm80/

Now perhaps aspects of these leaks have been changed since they were leaked but the leak only occurred late May so there hasn’t been a huge amount of time for them to change stuff and if they’re fake then they’re fake (and someone seriously put in an incredible amount of high quality work on those fakes).

Either way, fake or not, it’s no skin off my ears. I’ll be looking forward to hearing about the expansion tomorrow.

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

As for it is said, sword and reaver. You would be better asking on ele forum tho

I think you might ment weaver and not reaver.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Ele + Shortbow = Spellflight.
But that’s all I can say. Very hush hush.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Sazukikrah.5036

Sazukikrah.5036

I think this is the sword you were talking about ? there was a leak of the new elite elite spec too with this sword. although the image was animated, so the sword might be animated too.

Attachments:

Hadi the Edgemaster – Pro level Warrior (Youtube Hadi the Edgemaster)
Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer
Harbinger " I will make you (QQ)"

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

I’m honestly prepared to laugh my ass off on Tuesday when the announcement disproves a lot of the supposedly leaked information.

Loooool, you must feel really dumb right now.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I’m honestly prepared to laugh my ass off on Tuesday when the announcement disproves a lot of the supposedly leaked information.

So I take it your ass is still firmly attached? :P