Electromagnetic-Descender Glider Feedback [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I really like the electric animation of this glider, however my only criticism of it is that it isn’t dyeable. I really want to buy it, but I just don’t like the current colours. I would love to change the colour of both the glow/aura and the bolt colours.

If they were dyeable, I would definitely get it. Just my two cents. Others feel free to add your feedback too

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Posted by: asterix.9614

asterix.9614

https://youtu.be/GCccIoqBZjM

Video courtesy of dulfy.net

Watch and be amazed O_O I and many more players will throw a ton of gems for this glider as a back skin!!!!!

Whilst I would love it as it is, it could always be toned down in size and the sound removed for back piece skin. Please anet O_O I hate PvE (only place where gliding is active) and only love wvw or pvp, I really want it as a back skin…..

Please

I am playing that game where the floor is made out of lava, imma stuck in bed

(edited by asterix.9614)

Posted by: Myralien.6754

Myralien.6754

They need to make other unrealistic “gliders” out of the more popular backpieces now.

(edited by Myralien.6754)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Magneto Glider OP

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Well, it’s not the Asura-tech glider I was hoping for, but at least there aren’t feathers so it’s a start.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

Electro-magnetic Glider + Reaper’s hood + a flavour of white dye, and a little light armour creativity =
Now you can cosplay Tyrael

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

Wow, that thing is horrible. And, that isn’t a compliment.

And yes, I am not a design artist and personally lack any artistic talent…it’s just my opinion.

Thanks to the OP for showing us it though (and Dulfy).

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Now if only the Gem Purchase was working. I can buy gems for gold but not for actual money. Bug forum has a thread for those affected by this.

It may be horrible but it’ll suit my asura mesmer quite well.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I’m not a fan of the Spinal Blades back pack, but it surprised me that Anet hasn’t yet turned them into a glider skin. It would be pretty popular.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I’m not a fan of the Spinal Blades back pack, but it surprised me that Anet hasn’t yet turned them into a glider skin. It would be pretty popular.

Yes it would BUT if they’d only make the basic one and think they can sell it4 times I’d sey nonononononononononoNONONON NOOOO!

If they’d release it I’d be very content if they’d releas it as a wing set with all 4 colors… for 400 gems… skin exists only needs a turbine sound and it woud be perfect. (maybe a smoke trail from left or right engine when dmg-ed and sparks and a black smoke trail when broken…. would be epic…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Yes it would BUT if they’d only make the basic one and think they can sell it4 times I’d sey nonononononononononoNONONON NOOOO!

If they’d release it I’d be very content if they’d releas it as a wing set with all 4 colors… for 400 gems… skin exists only needs a turbine sound and it woud be perfect. (maybe a smoke trail from left or right engine when dmg-ed and sparks and a black smoke trail when broken…. would be epic…

Yes, for the standard price of a glider skin, they would need to allow for the color choices (maybe through a dye channel?).
Love the smoke idea for when it’s damaged. That would be nice.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Storm Mage.8605

Storm Mage.8605

Anet is there any chance at all you can make this glider dyeable? Twp channeldye (one for blue waves and one for the electric arcs) would be greatly appreciated! Even one channel to change the blue waves would rule!

(edited by Storm Mage.8605)

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

The Spinal glider should be the first ‘powered’ glider with jet exhaust and contrails. It should come in three or four colors to match the existing back pieces.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

The Spinal glider should be the first ‘powered’ glider with jet exhaust and contrails. It should come in three or four colors to match the existing back pieces.

Halp; my Spinal Bladez needs jet fuel.

Attachments:

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There’s no chance, unfortunately. Based on design decisions made before the game launched, weapons and backpacks don’t have dye channels. Changing that requires retrofitting every existing skin (even the ones that won’t become dyeable).

Or I should rephrase the question: they can do it; it’s just very unlikely that they will, since the cost of doing so is really, really high.

edit: as Liston.9708 pointed out, this is about gliders (not backpacks), which are dyeable

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Except other gliders can be dyed….

Based on how many I have seen, seems peeps were pretty happy as is – don’t see this changing….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Posted by: DominiFactum.7103

DominiFactum.7103

I like it too. I bought it for my Asura Revenant who is in gold armor so the colors are fine for me.

I want to thank Anet for offering a glider without a back pack. I have all the back packs I need/want.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Except other gliders can be dyed….

Based on how many I have seen, seems peeps were pretty happy as is – don’t see this changing….

Oh oops. Yeah, I was thinking of backpacks, not gliders. Good point.

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

If you could dye it they wouldn’t be able to sell a recolor of it to you for another 800 gems.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

There seems to be a lot of limitations in the engine for dying effects. There are very few armors or outfits that have any sort of dye-able effects (in fact, only two off the top of my head, one being the new one from today and the other being the Lunatic Court outfit).

Given the sheer complexity of this particular glider and the effects it has, I wouldn’t be surprised if it would be extremely difficult to impossible for them to add dye channels even if they wanted to.

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I haven’t bought Electro-Magnetic glider, as to me it does not look like a glider. In my view, gilder is a gentle, peaceful way to travel, but this glider flashing with lighting and tendrils extending so far from the body, it defies that feeling and they hurt my eyes, especially when there’s a bunch of ppl flying in front of you.

This became especially evident when I was doing TD meta a short while ago and there was like 6 or more ppl with this glider. They were all flying in front of me and there was so much visual noise and lightning, the tendrils were spread out across my entire FOV and i couldn’t see where i was going. If there was at least something else there to soften the effect of all them flashing lights, like for eg some kind of semi-transparent webbing and it actually connected to body of the user, it would look less weird to me and seem more like a glider.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Oh god, please no. Would be way, WAY too large and busy / effect-heavy for a backpack, even if they dramatically shrunk the tendrils.

Posted by: Eulolia.2467

Eulolia.2467

kittening magnets how do they work

#2009memes

Subscribe for exciting guild wars 2 videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/eulololia/

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Most of the glider skins are interesting in their own ways but this.. this is the first glider skin I felt inclined to buy. It just feels like it’s made for an elementalist.

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

This looks like it should be merged with the other thread about dying the new glider, maybe even merged with the main thread about the glider. Just a thought.

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

We should be able to color it Gaile!

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Storm Mage.8605

Storm Mage.8605

You are right there, but one can hope.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

In my view, gilder is a gentle, peaceful way to travel,

I think you are imparting too much meaning because of the jargon: we don’t really “glide” — it’s just a word for the thing that displays when we are in the air. None of the existing “gliders” would enable gentle or peaceful travel, unless you consider plummeting like a rock to be gentle or peaceful (I suppose, up until the moment you go splat, it could be peaceful).

I welcome ANet’s decision to move away from just one type of “glider” skin and I hope to see more creative choices in the future, including more staffs that look like something other than a wooden stick.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I enjoy it, but would not be opposed to more freedom of expression should we get the ability to dye it.

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

With the way things have been they will probably add additional colors separately to the gem store for 400 gems each.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Or…. crazy pipe dream…. if the glider could change color depending on which attunement my ele was using.

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

They’ve just released the new outfit with dyable light effects, but then again, that does not mean this glider should be easily dyable as well.

Posted by: Archdevil.1748

Archdevil.1748

Totally love it and worth it selling almost all my inventory Thank you Anet

Posted by: Archdevil.1748

Archdevil.1748

Electro-magnetic Glider + Reaper’s hood + a flavour of white dye, and a little light armour creativity =
Now you can cosplay Tyrael

Something like this ?:)

Attachments:

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

In my view, gilder is a gentle, peaceful way to travel,

I think you are imparting too much meaning because of the jargon: we don’t really “glide” — it’s just a word for the thing that displays when we are in the air. None of the existing “gliders” would enable gentle or peaceful travel, unless you consider plummeting like a rock to be gentle or peaceful (I suppose, up until the moment you go splat, it could be peaceful).

I welcome ANet’s decision to move away from just one type of “glider” skin and I hope to see more creative choices in the future, including more staffs that look like something other than a wooden stick.

It’s not the fall that kills you, well unless you have a heart attack. It’s the sudden stop t the end.

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

This thing is fantastic, and it matches my Dreamer/Bifrost Druid perfectly.

Attachments:

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

Looks like one of the Trove wings.

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

We need less visual noise around, not more. Wings are already annoying enough.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Posted by: Towatha.4671

Towatha.4671

would seeing someone else with this slow down my pc?

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

This thing is fantastic, and it matches my Dreamer/Bifrost Druid perfectly.

Must have. Really want this backpack skin!

Swagger.1459

You anet people are so sneaky… I knew the Electromagnetic Descender wasn’t just a glider…

Attachments:

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

dont worry it will get fixed just like all of the other legendary weapon effect bugs.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’m pretty sure Gaile had nothing to do with the design and will just have to pass it on to whoever did. Grats on making more work for her

Were you able to replicate that bug or was it a one time glitch you managed to screenshot?

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

It’s just a lil glitch, sometimes i found myself walking with my phoenix glider aswell.

Swagger.1459

I’m pretty sure Gaile had nothing to do with the design and will just have to pass it on to whoever did. Grats on making more work for her

Were you able to replicate that bug or was it a one time glitch you managed to screenshot?

We all know Gaile is the brains of the back piece and wings operation.

Sorry, I can’t talk about it. I’ll let y’all discover this one.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Posted by: Slowpokeking.8720

Slowpokeking.8720

It would be awesome if we coulde dye it.

Posted by: Ido.6490

Ido.6490

I approve. Although I bet they will sell other versions as stand alone versions =/

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

Love the look and especially the sound of the glider, but…it’s a bit big, yeah? I feel like it’d be perfect at about 75% its current size.

Posted by: Warobaz.9543

Warobaz.9543

I love it! Yes it could be a bit smaller, yes I’d love to be able to dye it too, but the first thing I’d love to change about it would be the ability to not hide the backpack. This would be a nice way to address the spinal-blades-not-a-glider-yet issue. AND it would work perfectly with other backpack skins! (Slickpack, Lightning catcher, Light of Dwayna, etc.)

Norn to be Alive [NtbA]