Elementalist Meteor Shower out of control!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Elementalist not only Reigns in Excellent Mobility, Defence(Bunkder) and D/D, they Reign in Devestating Aoe’s; Meteor Shower. This Out of Control skill has been a long suffering burnden; especially in wvw.

Not forgetting, Elementalist has the Highest Blast Finisher In all classes combine.

No one can deny this especially when there’s a group attempting to overtake a keep, than suddenly Meteor Shower is cast, than all Chaotic Damage Control Ignitiates.

I’m talking about 13k+ 20k Damage by one cast by 1 Elementist.; No other class Aoe can excell in 1 single Aoe other than the Elelementalist.

I know that Arena net had mentioned in the past of adjusting Aoe damage, but Unfortunately they scrapped that idea.

I’m sure Elementa;ost Outrageous Aoe was the main focus behind it.

Well I Encourage Arena net to reopen their case and to take this matter more seriously in addresing this at the fullest Antention.

(one note) ; Is Elementalist the next One Man Army?

I Rest My Case

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Posted by: Araris.7839

Araris.7839

L2P, I don’t think I’ve ever been taken down by a meteor storm lol. 1 dodge = safety. So difficult, how will we manage?

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

Walk out of big red circle on ground?
Not hard, easy to avoid, staff mobility is meh.

Just seems like you are trying to put other weapon skills together and think its OP.

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

Posted by: Vaugh.7193

Vaugh.7193

Maybe I would agreed with you if it werent for the cap of 5 target. If 20 players standing still inside a MS, most of the players wont even get hit twice, dealing about 1-2k dmg.

Are you sure its not Arrow carts that kitten es you off?

Guild leader of As Stars We Belong [STAR]
WvW Commander of Blacktide.
@RaugoolGW2 on Twitter

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

10/10 troll post. Would read again.

The part where you highlight D/D, superior mobility, then talk about a staff (which isn’t that mobile) skill really made me, a primary ele, laugh. Also, the whole 13k-20k damage sounds like you’re the type of player to purposely run under a falling meteor.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Un-nerf Arrow Carts.

Polish > hype

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Thieves and enigneers will put a ele to shame for the amount of blast finishers they could put out,

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

13-20k damage with Meteor Shower if you care to play catch with the meteors. Have fun with that. Most people will get hit by one, maybe two as they move out of the AoE. It seems someone’s peeved that an elementalist or two wrecked his AC’s he thought were safe on a wall :P

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Burnfall, I thought Thieves were Arenanet’s favourite? If I recall, they “got whatever they wanted”? You seem to change your mind quite a lot about the OP flavour of the day.

I wish people were stupid enough to stand underneath my Meteor Shower, naked and boon-less to take 13k-20k damage. I really do.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: Ision.3207

Ision.3207

Elementalist not only Reigns in Excellent Mobility, Defence(Bunkder) and D/D, they Reign in Devestating Aoe’s; Meteor Shower. This Out of Control skill has been a long suffering burnden; especially in wvw.

Not forgetting, Elementalist has the Highest Blast Finisher In all classes combine.

No one can deny this especially when there’s a group attempting to overtake a keep, than suddenly Meteor Shower is cast, than all Chaotic Damage Control Ignitiates.

I’m talking about 13k+ 20k Damage by one cast by 1 Elementist.; No other class Aoe can excell in 1 single Aoe other than the Elelementalist.

I know that Arena net had mentioned in the past of adjusting Aoe damage, but Unfortunately they scrapped that idea.

I’m sure Elementa;ost Outrageous Aoe was the main focus behind it.

Well I Encourage Arena net to reopen their case and to take this matter more seriously in addresing this at the fullest Antention.

(one note) ; Is Elementalist the next One Man Army?

I Rest My Case

Aahahahahaha …

I love reading Burnfall’s posts … he has that apocalyptic end-of-the-world style that’s just so dang funny given he’s talking about a cartoon video game!

Burn baby, keep it going man — Give em hell !

“I Rest My Case” ………………………… LOL, ya gotta love it !

Colin Johanson to Eurogamer: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.
We want everyone on an equal power base.”

(edited by Ision.3207)

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Burnfall…my archnemisis. We meet again.

In all seriousness, I’m pretty sure the meteor shower was already nerfed after a video came out of two or three ele’s keeping an entire zerg off a choke by chaining the shower.

This was about 6 months ago so if anyone has a link or more details please post.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

(edited by Chopps.5047)

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

only time I got hit for more than 10k by meteor shower is when I was in glass cannon engi build (don’t ask what I was doing with it in WvW, it was… not planned). In full rabid they tickle a bit….

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Karasu.4381

Karasu.4381

If anything they should remove the cap on aoe. If you can’t dodge out of a big red circle of fiery death then you pretty much deserve to be hit. I’ve never killed anyone using meteor shower unless I just happened to be lucky enough to hit a downed person, so it is more of an area denial ability than anything else.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I suppose Meteor Storm is good particle cover in that, you see all the bright burning explosions and don’t realize how deep the s*** is you’re standing in. And when I say s***, I mean arrow carts.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’ve never killed anyone using meteor shower unless I just happened to be lucky enough to hit a downed person, so it is more of an area denial ability than anything else.

Yeah, seems like the OP doesn’t want to be area denied. Meteor Shower keeps him from playing the way he wants.

/thread

(edited by IndigoSundown.5419)

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

No, that would be the Thief. SB#2.

It’s almost like this is supposed to be one of the few things at which the Ele excels at above the other professions.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Posted by: nassaya.7109

nassaya.7109

Hmmmmm i have a staff ele full soldier stats for dps but in wvw i see max 2k damege iff i’m lucky with MS. And dodge a MS is kinda easy when i see Big Balls of Fire i run ^^

Nassaya Shadowheart lvl. 80 Necro
Nassaya Fireheart lvl. 80 Ele
Far Shiverpeaks – Guardians of the Dutch [GOTD]

Posted by: Tobbygnome.6793

Tobbygnome.6793

Are you level 1 in WvW, how the hell do you let 13k-20k damage worth of meteors hit you without moving. Damage hurts, if it didn’t, there would be no Area Denial.

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

@OP: Show me how a dagger ele can cast meteor shower (A staff skill) and I’ll agree that ele’s are OP.

As a mesmer I’m sick and tired of the same kind’ve accusations getting thrown about. people need to learn which skills are mutually exclusive to a class. yes a D/D ele has high mobility and survival, a staff ele has crazy AoEs, a sceptre ele can focus you hard at range.

But theres no such thing as a sceptrstaffger (or dafftre, or staggre) that can do all 3

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

(edited by Ryuujin.8236)

Posted by: Dresden.1736

Dresden.1736

I seriously hope this is a joke topic.

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

and the troll post of the year goes to…..

anyways, i reported this, trolls will not be tolerated on this forum, get serious and discuss serious topics at hand or keep your unfounded and misleading threads to yourself.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Ision.3207

and the troll post of the year goes to…..

anyways, i reported this, trolls will not be tolerated on this forum, get serious and discuss serious topics at hand or keep your unfounded and misleading threads to yourself.

LOL
Well. let’s not call him a troll, because he’s not .. he really believes it ! :-)

Okay, maybe he is … lol … but he’s obviously just an amateur troll, and can be redeemed. Because master Trolls have a far different style, and are irredeemable.

So, let’s wait and see if he begins to post in dozens and dozens of different threads, speaking with the voice of authority of someone with “inside information” as to what the devs intended or think. Add a sprinkle of the finger-wagging schoolmarm reminding folks about the rules, and a dash of the quick reach for the report option … and then, then you’ll have a real troll on your hands!

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

There is a hidden feature in this game, known only to the top-notch of players: You have a secret key on your keyboard that will move your character out of red circles, which tend to announce AOE attacks, a “dogde” if you will.

Posted by: Airwolf.5287

Airwolf.5287

So you want the Meteor Shower from the first Guild Wars then?
I’m all for that. (excluding the exhaustion)

Ision.3207

On a serious note guys, I have a feeling the original poster is a young teenager and means well. I say this because I have read his posts on the Ranger forums, and they are similar in that “far too serious about a cartoon-game” style that young kids have. I’m also pretty sure he adores WvW, but has yet to learn to have a thick skin about dying when ganked by thieves or run over by large zergs.

Give him a break.

(edited by Ision.3207)

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

L2P, I don’t think I’ve ever been taken down by a meteor storm lol. 1 dodge = safety. So difficult, how will we manage?

As an Elementalist the amount of people I always killed in WvW with a Meteor Shower always dumbfounded me. I know its easy to get caught up in the moment and not pay attention to the area affects but it is delayed enough as it is.

Now if you compare it to GW1 Meteor Shower I’ll take crap damage and stuff for the knockdown of old. :x I’m sure there will be some people not willing to move out of that either. :x

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Walk out of big red circle on ground?
Not hard, easy to avoid, staff mobility is meh.

Just seems like you are trying to put other weapon skills together and think its OP.

I don’t think Meteor Storm makes circles on the ground.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It definitely does. And if you manage to kill something with it, it’s likely because someone was arrowcatring into the same area and all those flaming meteors covered it visually.

…and yes, MS knockback would be funny, and i’d definitely trade damage for it.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Nerf them; buff me.

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

Meteor Shower definitely makes circles on the ground in most cases. Or it’s supposed to anyway. Whatever the case, the solution to this “problem” is quite simple. Dodge out of the way and then run out of the area of effect. I’m not sure why that’s difficult. :-/

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Thieves Ruining WvW
in WvW Discussion
Anyone with a “brain” should know that Arena net support and promote Tyranny “The One Man Army” theory in support to their Favorite Class; Thief.
Why Tyranny?
By the countless deleted/infracted/closed and pending threads concerning Thief stealth causing choatic irony in wvw.
Promoting Tyranny
Nearing to 1 year- by the countless nerf-rewardings this class have gotten, is absurd.
Remember how they “nerfed Perma-stealth”?
Well it is still here, i never believed them, because again.. thief is the only nerf-rewarding class and Favorite class.
So why would they stripp their Idol thief from Supremacy status for the sake of any one; classes, community, wvw,spvp and pve?
As long Arena net remain, so be theif stealth and Favoritism.
The only way to remove stealth is to replace Arena net.. and that will Never happen.
Our only Savior and Hope is carry on to other Mmo’s team who don’t believe in Favoritism, “the one man army” theory , Tyranny and Nerf-Rewarding class and most especially, Punishing the “less advantage class” in Favor of the “Advantage” class.
Than and only than they will realized and learn that Favoritism and Tyranny of Stealth Mechanic is a Fail system.
For Justice.
(edited Yesterday, 13:24 by Burnfall.9573)

Burnfall I agree completely about this overpowered class!

Oh wait, did I post on the ele is overpowered class thread or the thief is overpowered class thread? Oops. Wrong rant thread. My bad.

What the heck is ‘chaotic irony’? Do the thieves make ironic yet nonsensical remarks when they stealth?

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

So you are complaining about a single skill that no one else seems to have an issue with and you offer no constructive criticism on how, you think, Meteor Shower could be fixed; even though it is working perfectly fine.

Another useless complaint thread by a person who needs to learn to play. Move along citizen there is nothing to see here. Unless you want your IQ lowered.

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Congradulations Burnfall! At first I thought you just really hated thieves. Now I understand that you have some major L2P issues that you need to address so the next time I see a post of yours I can completely disregard it.

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

First this one go in ele section lol.
Second i just read the post, then noticed the account name: Burnfall, basically you burn and fall downed lol…
Third: Theres not limit of how much a noob can someone be… and neither their ability to create this kind of thread.
Learn to dodge, problem solved, if you cant, pvp is not for you lol

(edited by Lucius.2140)

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I should play this song when my ele runs through wvw. :P

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

you know what needs to be nerfed, ashym’s meteor shower, it can 2 hit kill zerk eles, it’s sudden and it covers a lot of area, there is also no red circe before/during the meteor shower

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Meteor shower is almost unusable in its current state, with a long cast time and its inability to hit anything. You need to target a 50 enemy zerg to make half the meteors hit. The only time I bother casting is in WvW when I am targeting the enemies on the keep walls, as I cycle through my ground targeting skills.

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Complaining about eles is such a quarter 1 2013 issue.

I’d be happy to see nerfs for WvW if you restored our viability for sPvP and PvE.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Burnfall.9573

Seriously I have nothing against Elementalist class but their Aoe; Meteor Shower need be addresed a.s.a.p.

We the community are already having a Painful Long Suffering experience with Thief class, why than allow and add another class to the Irony?

I’m really trying my best in dealing with thieves, than this; Elementalist Aoe.

I’m not saying that thief stealth shouldn’t be Ignored or Forgiven but it is far better than to deal with 1 than many.

As a Ranger class; as many already know, who is struggling to Survive, Enough is Enough

By Allowing Elitist classes OverPunishing the core balance of the game.

I believe all classes should be allowed to have Equal amount of Op skills, yet that is not the case especially with having Thief, and Elementalist classes completely in Violation Intent of Unbalance classes and the core game factor.

Seriously I do like the Elementalist class but they just need to be tamed more.

That’s all

(No Grudges)

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

Your entire argument is based on the elementalist’s damage output being pitted against a person wearing no armor and purposely eating all the meteors.

By your logic, we should also nerf Hundred Blades since that can kill someone in a single channel if they stand still in front of it and don’t move. If Meteor Shower somehow prevented people from escaping it, I could definitely see reason for a nerf, but so far your arguments are pitifully weak.

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

Seriously I have nothing against Elementalist class but their Aoe; Meteor Shower need be addresed a.s.a.p.

We the community are already having a Painful Long Suffering experience with Thief class, why than allow and add another class to the Irony?

I’m really trying my best in dealing with thieves, than this; Elementalist Aoe.

I’m not saying that thief stealth shouldn’t be Ignored or Forgiven but it is far better than to deal with 1 than many.

As a Ranger class; as many already know, who is struggling to Survive, Enough is Enough

By Allowing Elitist classes OverPunishing the core balance of the game.

I believe all classes should be allowed to have Equal amount of Op skills, yet that is not the case especially with having Thief, and Elementalist classes completely in Violation Intent of Unbalance classes and the core game factor.

Seriously I do like the Elementalist class but they just need to be tamed more.

That’s all

(No Grudges)

Lrn2dodge = problem solved.

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

OK, its confirmed.

This is a bad troll gone wrong.

Nothing to see here folks.

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

OK, its confirmed.

This is a bad troll gone wrong.

Nothing to see here folks.

nah. Forceful attempt of using big words, not reacting to what was actually argued… seems more like some kid.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

If Meteor Shower somehow prevented people from escaping it

You mean like it’s supposed to?
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Meteor_Shower

Create a Meteor Shower at target foe’s location. For 9 seconds, foes adjacent to that location are struck for 7…91…112 fire damage and knocked down every 3 seconds.

Posted by: Exclamatory.8351

Exclamatory.8351

I stopped reading after OP said “13k-20k damage”

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

It MIGHT happen. What if someone stayed in the red area instead of dodging out, ran around in the red circle and was’ hit by each of the meteors? For all we know that’s what happened to the OP. He ran around inside the red circle, didn’t dodge out and was killed. This is not only sad, but to use OPs term, ironic. Maybe a kind soul could teach this poor guy how to dodge out of red circles.

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

just so everybody knows the meteor shower doesn’t have a red circle. and i wish people stood in the middle of the entire meteor shower to have 13k to 20k done to them. i have an ele and im lucky to hit 10k on a big kitten stationary target and i dont even run the infamous cookie cutter build

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i have been destroyed by a few classcannon eles with meteorshower lately, but they are no 1 man army at all. with a zerg though pretty powerful. but there is also necro meta in wvw and the thieves of course. there is also problems with other classes…
well anet always nerf one class while boosting an other which reats a big inbalance again. the nerfed confusion into oblivion while the boosted other classes. eles have had some pretty big nerfs too.

i was able to deal with a thief before the confusion nerf, now its pretty hard to evade his permastealth, perma spam, perma crits.

oh well that’s what happenes when anet makes a big tournament for spvp and balances all classes for spvp and treats wvw the same as spvp ( where i have way less problems with thieve or eles and rangers are actually very strong)

we need a balance team focusing on wvw.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

It MIGHT happen. What if someone stayed in the red area instead of dodging out, ran around in the red circle and was’ hit by each of the meteors? For all we know that’s what happened to the OP. He ran around inside the red circle, didn’t dodge out and was killed. This is not only sad, but to use OPs term, ironic. Maybe a kind soul could teach this poor guy how to dodge out of red circles.

Excellent post.

Posted by: matemaster.2168

matemaster.2168

so by your logic nothing is OP because everything can be dodged ?