Elementalist can't swap weapons?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

I used the scroll which turned my level 11 elementalist into level 20 elementalist. Much to my dismay I found out that developers forgot to add weapon swapping option for this profession. What would be the point of this? Do I have to carry around spare set of weapons to manually swap every time I want to change between staff and dagger builds?

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

As it stands you currently have 20 skills per weapon set. Each element being vastly different in terms of play style. You already have twice the amount that people have that can weapon swap.

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Elementalists play differently from other classes. So yes, you have to carry around a pair of daggers if you want to switch.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

It’s because of balance. As said before you have 20 weapons skills with one weapon set. Everyone else has 5 with one weapon set and 10 with swapping. If Ele’s had weapon swapping then they would have 40 weapon skills available to them with everyone else still having 10. So to balance the Ele, they are only allowed one set of weapons at a time.

So yes, you do need to carry around any weapons you aren’t currently using. But every profession has more weapons available to them than they can equip and many people carry extra sets of weapons in their inventory in addition to the ones they have equipped.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Not to mention elementalists also get conjurable weapons. I think everyone would love it if they put in some way to hot swap weapons out of combat (for every profession), though.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Essentially your attunement is your weapon swap.

Nageth, yes. So much yes. Having to fuss with inventory to change out weapon choices when you’re moving from a melee arrangement to a ranged one is highly annoying. I wonder how elementalists who are set up for Warden 5 handle getting Warden 3 instead? Without having to be very aware and taking time out of lane defense to do the change, I mean.

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

Not to mention elementalists also get conjurable weapons. I think everyone would love it if they put in some way to hot swap weapons out of combat (for every profession), though.

This would indeed be very nice to have, especially for eles and engineers, Whenever I swap from two one-handed weapons to a two-handed I have to make sure the weapon goes into the right bag so that I don’t sell it accidentally. And if it’s the other way around, you need to use the clumsy context menu or drag and drop it manually to get the job done.

Posted by: justkoh.4073

justkoh.4073

The current system Is fine but I hope they’d let Eles switch weapons out of combat.

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

As it stands you currently have 20 skills per weapon set. Each element being vastly different in terms of play style. You already have twice the amount that people have that can weapon swap.

The problem is that most of those skills are extremely poor or are basically reskins of the same attack. Staff, for example, is a very poor weapon in terms of using its attunements and some sets, like air, plain suck.

I rerolled warrior from my ele a long time back. Now, my weapon selection gives me a choice of an excellent ranged weapon or an excellent close weapon. Back as a staff ele, I would have 4 selections of “meh” that in no way competed to just having two good weapon sets.

The ele attunements should offer clear situational changes, such as one attunement being close ranged, one being distance, one being single target high damage and one being control…..instead its a mess and that’s just not good enough to make a class.

Posted by: Shirogatsu.3150

Shirogatsu.3150

The problem is that most of those skills are extremely poor or are basically reskins of the same attack. Staff, for example, is a very poor weapon in terms of using its attunements and some sets, like air, plain suck.

Sorry?
Aoe stun&Lighting field, aoe speed buff, blindness and knockback is NOT reskin or poor, they are utility skills and pretty useful