Elewars vs Guildwars

Elewars vs Guildwars

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

This is laughable… Elementalist has only one playable build and this person wants to nerf it because they aren’t learning their own class right? Seriously? I hate that these are the only posts that seem to be taken seriously be the devs sometimes. Elementalist (along with a few other classes out there… you know who you are) keep getting nerfed when they are already incredibly hard to play well. Those people who play well do so because they are good at it and weren’t spoon fed the entire game with easy classes. Player skill is almost never attributed in cases like these by the accuser.

I hate being disrespectful…

And rezzet, are you saying that eles are comparable to thief because they have more survivability and the smallest fraction of their damage? That’s ludicrous… I’ve never been 1-2 shotted by an ele… ever…

Yes, you are laughable… Obviously you must’ve missed last week’s livestream with Colin Johanson.

Q: Do you find any profession to be out of balance like Ele bunker, roamer, thief one shot combo, mesmer portal?
A: Ele bunker is really strong, on our watchlist

Any other QQ would have a reasonable amount of doubt involving learn 2 play issues or culling or hackusations or whatever. But when a dev has specifically stated that a single build of a certain profession is “on our watchlist”, now it’s time to make fun of QQers QQing about QQers that are actually justifiable. So QQ on everyone except the OP. Because obviously these same people who tells the OP that he’s QQing will QQ when d/d eles do get nerfed and say it was the QQers that nerfed it.

Bunker d/d eles may get nerfed…but nothing will happen to other d/d users ( soldier users, valkyrie users and so on ), the skills won’t be changed and in the end you will still lose to the same good eles..just like before, nothing will change for you.
Most of us could go staff …and you’d still lose regardless I assure you at 100%, so I’m sorry to break your bubble… a nerf will never make up for your lack of skills period

Elewars vs Guildwars

Posted by: Gisei.5749

Gisei.5749

Only read OP.

First, there are not that many D/D Eles. Thieves easily outnumber them 4 to 1, if not more. Whenever I face a Zerg of 30 or so, there is normally 1-2 D/D Eles in it, but easily 6-8 thieves bouncing around. Actually, as of late, I have been seeing a larger variety of professions, as well a some very skilled Engis, Warriors, and Mesmers.

Second, there is a very clear distinction between a Good D/D Ele and a Bad D/D Ele. A good one will run circles around a zerg. It doesn’t matter how many hit him, he will always get away. The bad ones are barely capable of pestering a single player. The D/D Ele has a high skill cap, which allows those with the skill to rise up and shine.

Third, the only reason D/D Eles are considered OP is because of their mobility and CC. Another potential reason is because most players don’t have a D/D Ele, and do not recognize skill tells and patterns, and they have a lot of skills. I fought 2 D/D Eles yesterday alone, and I had little problem, on my thief by the way. I even managed to kill one of them before the rest of their group caught up. I was only able to do this because I have a D/D Ele that I have played extensively, and those Eles, though pretty skilled, were predictable with their combos. They switched to Earth, I backed up which lured an Earth 3-4-5 combo. They switch to fire, expected Fire 3 followed by 2 and 5. When they go to Air, expect 3 and 5, or if you are running, a 4-5 combo. Hold back your cooldowns while fighting them, until after they leave water attunement, then burst burst burst and be prepare to snare before they Air 3. That’s exactly how I killed the Ele above. I kept 8-9 bleed on her. When she healed up and left water, I hit her with 20+ bleed. She melted away helplessly. (Note: If you can’t identify all the skills these numbers refer to off the top of you head, you have no right to complain.)

Fourth, compared to other classes, D/D Ele has very mediocre DPS. It may seem different if you don’t have one, but we focused on keeping you in control, unable to do anything while we whittle you down. We have two decent spikes though. Two very easily avoided spikes. Fire 5 misses most of the time anyways, and Earth 5 has an insane channel.

I would, again, like to stress that learning a class by playing it makes it infinitely easier to fight. Prior to me making a thief, I always found fighting thieves to be a chore. Now, I know what every tell means. I know exactly how long they will stealth. I know when to dodge. Everything is much clearer, and easier. If those who feel so threatened by D/D Eles take the time to learn one, you’ll see that they are not quite so OP. While it’s still a very good build, it’s also very manageable.

Yes, you are laughable… Obviously you must’ve missed last week’s livestream with Colin Johanson.

Q: Do you find any profession to be out of balance like Ele bunker, roamer, thief one shot combo, mesmer portal?
A: Ele bunker is really strong, on our watchlist

Any other QQ would have a reasonable amount of doubt involving learn 2 play issues or culling or hackusations or whatever. But when a dev has specifically stated that a single build of a certain profession is “on our watchlist”, now it’s time to make fun of QQers QQing about QQers that are actually justifiable. So QQ on everyone except the OP. Because obviously these same people who tells the OP that he’s QQing will QQ when d/d eles do get nerfed and say it was the QQers that nerfed it.

If you take the time to read that quote, you’ll realize it is on a watchlist. That means they are not entirely convinced it is OP, but they are watching.

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

(edited by Gisei.5749)

Elewars vs Guildwars

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

What I asked was if their attacks were actually hitting. They mostly weren’t. That’s important because avoiding attacks is more so player skill than build (although ele’s higher mobility certainly helps).

Nobody can just stay being hit for 10 mins -.-", not in this game lol. But when you have professions who can do things similars to the video…. i guess there is something wrong.

An ele is killable and i don’t think is really OP, but there are classes that need to improve. Necros, engineers and rangers are a bit low comparated with other classes. Eles and thieves needs a nerf? not really, but other professions need a buff or new mechanics.

I actually think it’s okay if professions can do things similar to that video or the one of the warrior soloing Arah explorer provided the players must be incredibly skilled to do so (the ones in the videos are), however I think all professions should have such capabilities. So yeah, imo the wrong thing isn’t that they can do such awesome things, but that a few classes (maybe) can’t do something like that. (I say a few because something like a mesmer or guardian can probably do some insane things, even if I haven’t seen a video of it yet).

Elewars vs Guildwars

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

So yeah, imo the wrong thing isn’t that they can do such awesome things, but that a few classes (maybe) can’t do something like that.

Yeah, I can agree with this. The problem right now is that things seem so massively overpowered to a ranger, necro or engie who struggles to even be competitive and has no hope of ever finding a build like that. I keep saying it, ANet should be buffing the weaker professions right now. It should be priority one, but it isn’t.

Elewars vs Guildwars

Posted by: AwwGee.5628

AwwGee.5628

What so you’re saying eles are op because they can maintain their boons and you’re not doing anything to remove them?

Remove a protection boon and suddenly they take 150% of the damage they were taking before. Crazy huh

Elewars vs Guildwars

Posted by: ExZee.8109

ExZee.8109

Bunker d/d eles may get nerfed…but nothing will happen to other d/d users ( soldier users, valkyrie users and so on ), the skills won’t be changed and in the end you will still lose to the same good eles..just like before, nothing will change for you.
Most of us could go staff …and you’d still lose regardless I assure you at 100%, so I’m sorry to break your bubble… a nerf will never make up for your lack of skills period

And…? It doesn’t matter between a player that QQs about a build or a profession and a player that QQs about QQers about a build or a profession. I’ve NEVER seen a good player in either category but none of that (aka your entire point in above quote) matters when it comes to a build being “overpowered” and needing balance. Anet could leave bunker d/d eles as is for another year and the metagame could just as easily and simply change to fit the build and put it in line with the other builds and professions. You and the majority of QQers hardly understand the relationship between the metagame and balancing so I’m not going to waste my time and go any deeper than that. Because obviously you can’t even correctly argue the relationship between balancing and player skill. So go QQ more about how balancing is ruined by QQers… Hmmm I think I said that already somewhere…

Elewars vs Guildwars

Posted by: ExZee.8109

ExZee.8109

If you take the time to read that quote, you’ll realize it is on a watchlist. That means they are not entirely convinced it is OP, but they are watching.

And if you deduce the logical thought process of WHY they would do such a thing, you would also come to the conclusion that the OP of this thread is quite justified to QQ about bunker d/d eles. The debate of whether the OP-ness of bunker d/d eles will remain the same or change without balancing due to the evolving metagame should be reserved for a different place of discussion. My point is you’re all laughable for QQing about a QQer whose QQing point has been supported by a dev in an interview that just happened a week ago. Apparently you’re all m@d ski11z and s0 pr0 that you can come out and say “it’s a learn 2 play issue” when the devs are saying “it’s actually on our watchlist”.

Elewars vs Guildwars

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

Yes, of course. Classic rebuttal. It is all L2P issue, the elem who stomped me is just a better player and I am bad. OK, OK, I get it. But in such case please enlighten me. Why is that I never (or once in a blue moon) meet an engineer who is a better player from me? I mean, not a single good player rolled an engineer? Why is that? Also, why there is so few great players playing rangers? Perhaps good players dont like pets? Do pets smell bad? Or maybe good players dont like to wear leather armor?

I had my share of grievances from thieves for example but it mostly concerned WvW where glass cannon thiefs were roaming and instagibbing unsuspecting players. Not fun either. But regardless from this, I am really a great fan of current meta where all good skilled players picked elementatlists. Well some of them also mesmers, but mostly elementalist. All those players who rolled bunker elems are so skilled that I cant kill them 1v1. Clearly a L2P issue. Oh well, at least for the time being I can roflstomp all the bads who rolled engineers and rangers. God, those players are so bad. All of them are total noobs, this must be their 1st video game they play haha. I love owning noobs.

Elewars vs Guildwars

Arheundel.6451

And…? It doesn’t matter between a player that QQs about a build or a profession and a player that QQs about QQers about a build or a profession. I’ve NEVER seen a good player in either category but none of that (aka your entire point in above quote) matters when it comes to a build being “overpowered” and needing balance. Anet could leave bunker d/d eles as is for another year and the metagame could just as easily and simply change to fit the build and put it in line with the other builds and professions. You and the majority of QQers hardly understand the relationship between the metagame and balancing so I’m not going to waste my time and go any deeper than that. Because obviously you can’t even correctly argue the relationship between balancing and player skill. So go QQ more about how balancing is ruined by QQers… Hmmm I think I said that already somewhere…

You completely missed the point lol, all I said is that not every d/d ele run a cleric amulet 0/10/10/30/30 build, therefore even if this “OP” build get changed ….it won’t matter for the rest of us who don’t use that build to start with.

Eles go full survival because their dmg is much below mesmer/thief/warrior levels while still being 2x-3x harder to land and with longer CD, what you and many other armchair developers don’t get is that most of us would like to play a full burst build..but with skills of 4.5s activation and 45s CD burst skills on top of low HP and armor make so that burst is not viable at all for eles, hence we all go survival, with few going extreme survival.

You know I use only 3 traits of the OP build you complain so much about and the developers were referring to that build, fact remain that d/d eles will keep eating your kitten for as long as you and other don’t l2p..period

Elewars vs Guildwars

Posted by: Febrizzio.8024

Febrizzio.8024

I realy hate ele dagger lately,
thats not because i cant kill ele dagger…
my ranger realy easy to kill some ele dagger… with my condition build and my trait…

the problem is, how can some robe proffesion realy hard to kill? i mean this proffesion just stand and tanking the damage… not evade it?

I have ele d/d friend, he can win against 3 heavy armor and melee profession. 2 warior and 1 guardian… (please note: my friend (ele d/d) just stand and tanking the damage without run away and without use healing regen)

thats not normally robe profesion…
robe profesion should be easy to kill with melee demege… especially againts 3 melee demage… but this proffesion should be have most damage especially AoE damage…

[Tarnished Coast]
Febrizzio Romeo, Human Guardian of [Pro Baddies]
Indonesia Player, Say Hello ^_^

Elewars vs Guildwars

Posted by: Gisei.5749

Gisei.5749

@Febrizzio

This isn’t WoW, or other similar MMOs. In GW2, you can spec to take damage on any profession, regardless of armor class. I run Thief, Guard, and Ele all with Major Tough, and they can all take hits to the face, as well as 1vX. I have a friend to plays a tanky ranger, and can skirmish with multiple opponents. Mesmers can easily take multiple opponents even as glass cannons. Push a necro’s health nearly to 30k and spec for Death Shroud, and he can tank for ages. One of my guildies is a Warrior who is built high in Vit and Tough with perma swiftness. He can easily fight 3-5 players for a while.

The only class I have not witness go tanky is Engineer, though I don’t fight many of those, nor have I played one.

@ExZee

So why are your QQing about the QQers who QQ about QQers? (hurrderr, this game is fun)

And I never said that D/D Eles are not OP. If I did, please point that out. I said they are not as OP as people are making them out to be. The situation is manageable, and doesn’t warrant crying, especially after making the dev’s attention. And just to note, being on a Watchlist does not guaranteed a nerf, though does increase the likelihood.

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

Elewars vs Guildwars

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

Smack ele hard enough to push it into cantripping and then going into water, use corrupt boon or boon stripping on it, finish it off, profit.

It’s not hard. Either turn the boons the ele has against it (the build relies on TONS of them, so corrupt boon would turn them into a nightmarish amount of conditions even 30 water builds can’t remove on time), or remove the boons and look, it’s just a squishie clothie running around at normal speed!

Elewars vs Guildwars

Arheundel.6451

my ranger realy easy to kill some ele dagger… with my condition build and my trait…

the problem is, how can some robe proffesion realy hard to kill? i mean this proffesion just stand and tanking the damage… not evade it?

I have ele d/d friend, he can win against 3 heavy armor and melee profession. 2 warior and 1 guardian… (please note: my friend (ele d/d) just stand and tanking the damage without run away and without use healing regen)

robe profesion should be easy to kill with melee demege… especially againts 3 melee demage… but this proffesion should be have most damage especially AoE damage…

So to summarize:

-Ele vs 2 warrior and a guardian
-Ele doesn’t dodge or anything
-Ele doesn’t heal
-Ele tank all the dmg and beat 2 warriors and guardian

..And this is your story…right……………..
…………………………..[img]http://i.imgur.com/1eoUMJ7.jpg[/img]

Elewars vs Guildwars

Febrizzio.8024

@Febrizzio

This isn’t WoW, or other similar MMOs. In GW2, you can spec to take damage on any profession, regardless of armor class. I run Thief, Guard, and Ele all with Major Tough, and they can all take hits to the face, as well as 1vX. I have a friend to plays a tanky ranger, and can skirmish with multiple opponents. Mesmers can easily take multiple opponents even as glass cannons. Push a necro’s health nearly to 30k and spec for Death Shroud, and he can tank for ages. One of my guildies is a Warrior who is built high in Vit and Tough with perma swiftness. He can easily fight 3-5 players for a while.

The only class I have not witness go tanky is Engineer, though I don’t fight many of those, nor have I played one.

@ExZee

So why are your QQing about the QQers who QQ about QQers? (hurrderr, this game is fun)

And I never said that D/D Eles are not OP. If I did, please point that out. I said they are not as OP as people are making them out to be. The situation is manageable, and doesn’t warrant crying, especially after making the dev’s attention. And just to note, being on a Watchlist does not guaranteed a nerf, though does increase the likelihood.

so what the different between robe, medium armor and heavy armor then?
based your post, so that mean the type of armor is very regardless…

that not very real, if robe user more tanky than heavy armor user….

[Tarnished Coast]

Elewars vs Guildwars

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

If personal skill were to be considered while buffing/nerfing classes, then warriors should be nerfed in PvE because it’s the only class that can 1. solo Arah, 2. solo AC, 3. solo CM, 4. solo Lupicus under 7 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Wethospu

(edited by Recycle.5493)

Elewars vs Guildwars

Posted by: aguering.6974

aguering.6974

I got multiple Chars and with the Dagger Dagger tank build not any of my chars can take down a such an Ele and yes maybe you should look around 70-80% is already playing an Ele or has one underconstruction.

This. Learn from this ^ – are you paying attention OP?

That WAS the OP.

ahah, omg. Thread closed.

Elewars vs Guildwars

Febrizzio.8024

So to summarize:

-Ele doesn’t heal

lol, yeah thats right.. it dosent matter you believe or not… but my friend ele have trait/build like that… thats why i said “I hate ele”… seem OP now…

[Tarnished Coast]

Elewars vs Guildwars

plasmacutter.2709

So to summarize:

-Ele doesn’t heal

lol, yeah thats right.. it dosent matter you believe or not… but my friend ele have trait/build like that… thats why i said “I hate ele”… seem OP now…

I certainly don’t believe that story.

two guardians and a warrior seem like a dream-team against a D/D ele.

all the immobilize, stun, knockdown, they outnumber the breakers D/D has, then there’s kill shot for 14k when they run… GG ele.

Properly played warrior + 2 guardian vs D/D would be a 15 second match.

Elewars vs Guildwars

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

Learn to play better.

Do you honestly think I am having fun playing the nerf game?
NO.

so i enjoy my ele that is full of bugs?
No.

Do i enjoy having my class nerfed every time someone has a l2p issue?
NO.

do i enjoy my class minus all the bugs?
Yes.

Why?

Because it gives me a challenge and lets me develop my skills so i can crush my opponent to make them cry for a nerf.

Class spells is not the thing that is “OP”.

Player Skill is “OP”.

I hope arena net care not to cater for those who don’t know what it takes to play an ele.

FYI, gear stats & Runes, those 2 words.

I’m gonna burst your bubble here. Eles do need a rework, not a big nerf, but d/d eles at the moment have 0 cons. they have mobility, cond removal, heals, boons, aoe, knockdowns. They’re negatives? Uhhhh if someone has a boon strip necro?

So no, they aren’t “OP” but they need a re-work. I see a lot of people say they are a “high skill” class. They’re the same as any other class, they just spam more skills. You want to have high skill? Play a engineer or ranger and dominate large groups with them. or a cond dmg warrior. Then well talk

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

Elewars vs Guildwars

plasmacutter.2709

Learn to play better.

NO.

No.

NO.

Yes.

Why?

Because it gives me a challenge and lets me develop my skills so i can crush my opponent to make them cry for a nerf.

Player Skill is “OP”.

I hope arena net care not to cater for those who don’t know what it takes to play an ele.

I’m gonna burst your bubble here. Eles do need a rework, not a big nerf, but d/d eles at the moment have 0 cons. they have mobility, cond removal, heals, boons, aoe, knockdowns. They’re negatives? Uhhhh if someone has a boon strip necro?

So no, they aren’t “OP” but they need a re-work. I see a lot of people say they are a “high skill” class. They’re the same as any other class, they just spam more skills. You want to have high skill? Play a engineer or ranger and dominate large groups with them. or a cond dmg warrior. Then well talk

The negatives?

how about having to set up and wait 45 seconds to do the damage a thief can do with auto attacks in 4. (and i’m not even talking backstabs here)

D/D bunker builds do almost as little damage as burning does in those corruption fields in orr.

BTW, go check the engi forums regarding the new bunker build. People stand in breaches in WVWVW walls with that build and can hold back whole zergs while doing aoe condie damage.

Warriors can be specced to be similar to D/D in the way they operate and have 30k hp and heavy armor in addition to the other perks. They don’t because they can actually provide viable offense, while eles that go glass cannon have 10k hp and die from cleave damage before they reach their targets.

(edited by plasmacutter.2709)

Elewars vs Guildwars

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

Well i am fine with accepting the fact that i will never kill a dagger ele, mesmer or thief. In fact i never really count on killing anything except upscaled warriors, rangers and so on. I mostly go around tagging the boddies with the flamethrower for the badges. And cleanse and heal those who can contribute (yeah my character is an engineer, highly versatile so i hear, but not like the ele. Those are the kings at that after all according to anet). What i would like though is that it should be impossible to pass through the gates in downed mode. Too many times elementalists simply evaporate into the gate of the nearest tower or waaayyy back into their own zerg, giving them the freedom to rampage all they want in your frontline when daggered and then swoooshing back for a quick breather, i mean rez. Theres nothing you can do about them running back to their backline or them dont giving a kitten about being killed on top of the wall but please allow us to extract our fury on the unlucky one in front of the wall. Well mostly this is because it takes ages for me to kill someone and if i am lucky enough to survive the onslaught from for example an elementalist with daggers, he simply say screw it and rides away at lightning speed while, should i get in that situation i can easily say goodbye to my kneecaps and gods forbid should he/she get downed, rescue is often a possibility while me my downed bar would have been an improvement if we had the old bar that made us commit suicide (they never knew how right they where about the original version, you might as well get it over with). Pop quiz, what are the engineer downed state skills and what do they do?). If they fixed the imbalance there i would be fine with the rest, as long as the dead stayed dead. Funny how the best professions seem to have gotten the best downed bars.

Elewars vs Guildwars

Arheundel.6451

Learn to play better.

NO.

No.

NO.

Yes.

Why?

Player Skill is “OP”.

Low HP, low armor———————> Heal, boons
Low armor—————————————> Mobility
Cond Removal —-—————————> support class

So if you take away heal, boon and mobility…why the ele should stay at the lowest HP and armor?
Give me the same HP and armor of the warrior then and you can take the heal and mobility away…huh? what is it? The professions need to be different?! yeah to give heal as compensation for having low HP seems to me a most logical decision like take the umbrella if it’s raining outside

Elewars vs Guildwars

Arheundel.6451

So to summarize:

-Ele doesn’t heal

It’s not a fact of believing you or not..your story is like somebody trying to convince people that pigs can fly

Elewars vs Guildwars

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

The negatives?

how about having to set up and wait 45 seconds to do the damage a thief can do with auto attacks in 4. (and i’m not even talking backstabs here)

D/D bunker builds do almost as little damage as burning does in those corruption fields in orr.

BTW, go check the engi forums regarding the new bunker build. People stand in breaches in WVWVW walls with that build and can hold back whole zergs while doing aoe condie damage.

Warriors can be specced to be similar to D/D in the way they operate and have 30k hp and heavy armor in addition to the other perks. They don’t because they can actually provide viable offense, while eles that go glass cannon have 10k hp and die from cleave damage before they reach their targets.

I made a ele at launch and leveled d/d. I ran dungeons d/d. I used staff sometimes but I usually went d/d because it is more fun. I did WvW d/d.

I also mad a warrior at launch leveled s/shield — bow. I ran dungeons s/shield--hammer. I also did WvW with s/shield—hammer.

Comparing my Ele to my warrior…

Ele: P/v/t Warrior: P/v/t
Health 16,185 Health: 27,000
Attack: 2,839 Attack: 2,900
Crit Chance 30% (unbuffed) Crit Chance: 21% (unbuffed)
Crit Dmg: 36 Crit Dmg: 31
Armor: 2,100 Armor: 3,300 (with shield trait)
Healing 465 Healing: 0

Now, looking at this it seems slightly balanced, but you are completely missing the key to every fight…. BOONS.

My ele can out tank my warrior any day in any fight. I have more stun breaks, movement, and healing than a warrior could hope for. Sure my warrior might hit a wee bit harder than my ele but dear Balthazar staying in the fight is only a problem for my warrior.

Not to mention my warrior has 0 chance to escape. My ele can out run any class long distance. You can not even being to compare to the two in battle.

You might say that the s/shield—hammer sucks for warrior because I have no range, well neither does that ele.

Just a side note here: My warrior uses ad-surge 8k heal at stage 3 ad 30 seconds cool down. Healing Shout for 1k with one condition removal on 25 second cool down.

Ele: 250 on cast of any skill with 3.5k on active at 25 seconds. That seems bad, but that is not where my healing comes from. Water skill 5 heal for 2k remove a condition (also heal while attuning to water) 40. Water Skill 2 888 health a tick for 4 ticks 10 SECOND COOL DOWN. Dodge roll heal for 2k remove a condition 10 SECOND COOL DOWN This does not even being to discuss the PERMA VIGOR BOON.

Elewars vs Guildwars

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

I certainly don’t believe that story.

two guardians and a warrior seem like a dream-team against a D/D ele.

all the immobilize, stun, knockdown, they outnumber the breakers D/D has, then there’s kill shot for 14k when they run… GG ele.

Properly played warrior + 2 guardian vs D/D would be a 15 second match.

That is only if they are a true team and are working together. 2 warrior pugs with a guardian pug with 0 communication have a chance to kill a d/d ele sure, but the ele has just as good as chance to kill the warriors and the guardian as well if he is truly bad.

I don’t cry about being inbalanced often, but the access to perma vigor, 3-4 different healing skills that heal for a decent chunk of health along with condition removal and some of the best utility skills in game… it needs to be looked at.

edit:
As to his anecdote…. it is very far from believable yes. The ele would have to be in constant motion, but it is very possible for the ele to win in that situation given he rolls his face fast enough on the keyboard.

(edited by Vanthian.9267)

Elewars vs Guildwars

Posted by: Voltar.8574

Voltar.8574

Maybe your server or the servers you’re playing against has a weird meta but I see more mesmers than eles in WvW.

Eles are also not a DPS class really. I was under the impression that there are less eles now than @ release in WvW. I just leave mine in Orr to pick fruit and kill the occasional zombie.

Elewars vs Guildwars

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

“someone” in this thread is mighty scared their class get touched. Anyways i kinda agree with OP.Guardian or warriors should be able to be quite tanky.But most ele’s i see are much tankier then either a guardian or a warrior.They should excel in magic,and dmg dealing,not in being a tank,they already do kittenloads of dmg while being so tanky aswell,they have best of both worlds.

Vanthian knows what he’s talking about.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

Elewars vs Guildwars

Posted by: DJSkittles.7196

DJSkittles.7196

I think there’s an easy solution to all this.

Every time someone crys on the forums about class balance, Arena net should lock their account so they can only play the class they cried about. Than give us a full report on how it went.

I mean seriously OP, go play an Ele through various assets of the game. Its a good class and a fun one, ill give you that. But its really not that OP, the balance is pretty good and I dont think any class really needs a nerf although rangers and necros could probably use a buff. Because I know whats gonna happen if they even try to tweak stuff, its quite hard and it will most likely destroy a few classes for another few months till their turn rolls around again. Seriously, yall need to chill out and analyze the situation before you come crying to ma…. I mean A Net.

Elewars vs Guildwars

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

They are virtually immune to cc for long periods of time. Remove this and they are not OP any more.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

Elewars vs Guildwars

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

Now the discussion has evolved to not only say that ele’s are overpowered, but that Anet designed them wrong. So on one hand people are saying “listen to the devs” and on the other hand it’s " devs are crazy for making eles able to be tanks!!" This isn’t that other mmo. Get over it. All classes can do all roles, to some extent, if they can not, then they need buffs and not nerfs. Ele’s can’t dps for crap in d/d. They just can’t. D/D ele’s are built for survival, that’s it. The people who play the top dps classes in spvp and wvw are now upset because they can’t steamroll a clothy, and it’s because of preconceptions from other games. This isn’t that mmo, this is GW2 (sparta)

Elewars vs Guildwars

Posted by: Causic.3798

Causic.3798

I think it has to do with AoEs being so effective against groups.
And since WvW is all groups they benefit the most from AoEs.
Plus if they want to go solo they can swap over to Dagger Dagger and be very effective that way as well.
I do not think that they should nerf eles but instead buff other classes that are not as viable and have them all be able to contribute just as much as an ele does to the WvW setting.

(edited by Causic.3798)

Elewars vs Guildwars

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

Almost 15 mins of tanking and running of 6 or more enemies

And here another one where he is fighting around 8 enemies and kill some.

You can check more info in this forums, this player have a thread talking about his build and playstyle. I’m sure he can be a really good player, but i don’t think anybody is able to do something similar with my necro.

but i dont see any OP dmg here, do be able to do this you need to sacrifice your dmg, you can’t be killed but you can’t kill anything, only glass cannon builds.

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Elewars vs Guildwars

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

As this thread is not inviting to constructive and healthy discussion, it is now closed.

Thank you for your understanding.