Elite Spec Power Creep

Elite Spec Power Creep

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fractured.3928

Fractured.3928

So, I’ve been looking around on quite a few of the forums, and I see a lot things in common.

People are complaining that the previous Elite Spec, or Core spec’s are more powerful than the new one.

While I think Arenanet should strive for balance, as valid build variety is always a fantastic thing. If Arenanet just focus’s on the new spec being more powerful, that’s called Power Creep, which imo, is bad.

If that happens, that means every single build will be required to have the new elite spec. Pushing out the old elite spec as a viable option. And there are quite a few cases where I would prefer say, Reaper, over Scourge. And I’d hate for people to kick me from groups cause I’m not using the new OP Scourge build.

Which honestly, kinda scares me that people seem to be wanting this to happen, giving Arenanet the idea that they should just go gunho on Power Creep.

So, from one random forum user to another. Please be a bit more specific in your posts. Ask for balanced builds, not for “more powerful than other builds”.

Elite Spec Power Creep

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

i dont believe ppl want the new specs to be the goto. I believe they want them to be a solid option compaired to the gen1 elite specs. What i get from your message is “anet should not prob buff the gen 2 specs because that will lead to power creep and usage of gen 2 elites only”. Partially agree but remember not buffing elite specs that need it mean gen 1 specs are the clear goto therefor powercreep.

Elite Spec Power Creep

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

…People are complaining that the previous Elite Spec, or Core spec’s are more powerful than the new one.

So, which is it? If it’s both then things are pretty balanced.

Elite Spec Power Creep

Posted by: Fractured.3928

Fractured.3928

…People are complaining that the previous Elite Spec, or Core spec’s are more powerful than the new one.

No, they are saying that they want the new elite spec to be more powerful than the previous two.

Zealex: All I’m saying is, people need to not demand that the new elite specs be more powerful than the previous specs. Let them be balanced. There will always be a spec that does more damage than another, but the smaller the gap, the better imo. I don’t want the new spec to be clearly more powerful than the others.

Elite Spec Power Creep

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Nobody is asking for new elites to be better than HoT elites.

People are asking for a reason to bother taking the new elite, since in several cases the new elites are significantly worse than the old elite.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Elite Spec Power Creep

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

No, they are saying that they want the new elite spec to be more powerful than the previous two.

Zealex: All I’m saying is, people need to not demand that the new elite specs be more powerful than the previous specs. Let them be balanced. There will always be a spec that does more damage than another, but the smaller the gap, the better imo. I don’t want the new spec to be clearly more powerful than the others.

All im saying is no one is demanding that. What they are demanding is that gap grows smaller.

Elite Spec Power Creep

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Zealex: All I’m saying is, people need to not demand that the new elite specs be more powerful than the previous specs.

Well, i have to say that it worked with Engineer and Necro.

Elite Spec Power Creep

Posted by: otto.5684

otto.5684

Supposely the gen 2 elites should be equal in power to gen 1. They are should provide alternative play styles and more builds. How well this will hold out we will have to wait for PoF release and see how things will work out. It will probably need 2-3 class balance patches to see where things will head going forward.

(edited by otto.5684)

Elite Spec Power Creep

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

There were a LOT of people insisting that gen 2 elite specs “will be stronger than gen 1, because ANet has to make them stronger to push sales” back before the preview weekends. Many of those people are still insisting that the new elites absolutely have to be the strongest specs in the game for that same ill-founded reason. A lot of other people are, either willfully or ignorantly, promoting power creep levels of buffs to new elite specs simply because the spec didn’t live up to their expectations during the preview weekend or because someone else said this or that is useless.

Anyways… yes, I completely agree with the OP. People need to be more specific in their posts and push for balance, not power creep. After all, Arena Net has stated on multiple occasions that Elite specs are not supposed to be stronger than core specs.

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.