Elite Specialization Packs[Suggestion]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I have a suggestion for how to sell Elite Specializations for PvP only. Sell them here: http://buy.guildwars2.com/store/gw2/en_US/html/pbPage.buyguildwars2?_ga=1.125300746.10124905.1422304691

They can’t be purchased for gems, but it gives PvP-only players a way to purchase these if that is all they want out of the x-pac. The game has been out three years now(I am including beta since that is the benchmark for games being out now and I had to buy the game to participate in the beta) and people know what parts of the game they like and what they don’t like. You could sell the Elite Specializations for $2.50 each or for $20 for all of them.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

I agree that an option like this would be awesome. I would guess a lot of pvp players would also enjoy being able to buy Revenant access without buying HoT.

If I remember correctly, GW1 used to have a similar feature.

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

Be better to ask them to sell the x-pac in the 3 game modes.

1. PvE only x-pac $30
  2. PvP only x-pac $30
  3. WvW only x-pac $30
  4. All the above $75

edit: imo, i wouldn’t really care what they do, i play all 3 game modes pretty evenly so regardless, i’d be buying the entire x-pac

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

1. PvE only x-pac $30
  2. PvP only x-pac $30
  3. WvW only x-pac $30
  4. All the above $75

edit: imo, i wouldn’t really care what they do, i play all 3 game modes pretty evenly so regardless, i’d be buying the entire x-pac

You do know that the PvP and WvW stuff is coming for free for all players right?

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

1. PvE only x-pac $30
  2. PvP only x-pac $30
  3. WvW only x-pac $30
  4. All the above $75

You do know that the PvP and WvW stuff is coming for free for all players right?

Yes, many of the PvP and WvW features will be rolled out for all base game players. But that doesn’t mean they won’t roll out specific PvP/WvW exclusive x-pac content. So you can’t rule anything out, really. I mean, from a marketing/economic perspective, offering exclusive x-pac content for PvP/WvW players would be more economically beneficial.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

1. PvE only x-pac $30
  2. PvP only x-pac $30
  3. WvW only x-pac $30
  4. All the above $75

Yes, many of the PvP and WvW features will be rolled out for all base game players. But that doesn’t mean they won’t roll out specific PvP/WvW exclusive x-pac content. So you can’t rule anything out, really. I mean, from a marketing/economic perspective, offering exclusive x-pac content for PvP/WvW players would be more economically beneficial.

Depends on if offering split content would increase the sale quantity and increase overall revenue while keeping in mind that fracturing the community and game causes long term problems.

Since most people will want to have all of the x-pac content splitting it up and charging more total compared to leaving it bundled charging less in total is not necesseraly the smartest way to go marketing wise. Just look at how excessive DLC affects the community of other games.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

1. PvE only x-pac $30
  2. PvP only x-pac $30
  3. WvW only x-pac $30
  4. All the above $75

Depends on if offering split content would increase the sale quantity and increase overall revenue while keeping in mind that fracturing the community and game causes long term problems.

Since most people will want to have all of the x-pac content splitting it up and charging more total compared to leaving it bundled charging less in total is not necesseraly the smartest way to go marketing wise. Just look at how excessive DLC affects the community of other games.

The fracturing comes from the fact that Stronghold and the new Borderland map don’t require HoT. What happens when a PvP only player doesn’t want to buy HoT because all they want to do is play PvP and they play 1 or 2 classes? If that’s the case for me, I don’t buy HoT. I still get to play the new PvP mode, I don’t have access to the Elite specs though and depending on how “elite” they are, I may want them, but it doesn’t justify a whole x-pac purchase. Offering them on the web shop offers value and access to what I want to play and not what I don’t care about.

If it were up to me, PvP would be f2p. Seriously. Get people in the game without charging a dime and let them access The Mists only. Put the Mystic Forge back in and that place has what it needs to let this be another viable revenue stream in a big way. PvP would never lack for participants and the gem shop and webstore would have all they could want if they wanted to buy the game after playing some matches.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

1. PvE only x-pac $30
  2. PvP only x-pac $30
  3. WvW only x-pac $30
  4. All the above $75

The fracturing comes from the fact that Stronghold and the new Borderland map don’t require HoT. What happens when a PvP only player doesn’t want to buy HoT because all they want to do is play PvP and they play 1 or 2 classes? If that’s the case for me, I don’t buy HoT. I still get to play the new PvP mode, I don’t have access to the Elite specs though and depending on how “elite” they are, I may want them, but it doesn’t justify a whole x-pac purchase. Offering them on the web shop offers value and access to what I want to play and not what I don’t care about.

If it were up to me, PvP would be f2p. Seriously. Get people in the game without charging a dime and let them access The Mists only. Put the Mystic Forge back in and that place has what it needs to let this be another viable revenue stream in a big way. PvP would never lack for participants and the gem shop and webstore would have all they could want if they wanted to buy the game after playing some matches.

Your scenario ends with:
- people without any HoT content bought (aside from the free stuff)
- players buying the entire HoT content
- players buying the pvp only content
- players buying the wvw only content
- players buying the pve only content
- players buying the pvp+wvw content
- players buying the pvp+pve content
- players buying the wvw+pve content

Where as keeping it bundled results in:
- people with HoT
- people without HoT

More fracturing is never good. You are not a majority, more a minority of wanting only to purchase the pvp content. More choice is not always the best solution especially long term.

I’m not even going to comment on the mystic forge addition to pvp. I’m sure there is enough people who hated the old system way more than the current one.

Edit: The amount of people playing pvp hasless to do with it being f2p or not (the b2p is laready very cheap) but more with the quality of pvp offered. Instead of asking for f2p pvp you should be asking anet to improve and diversify pvp.

(edited by Cyninja.2954)