Elonian Leather price

Elonian Leather price

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Andovar Edoras.2143

Andovar Edoras.2143

So the price for Bolts of Damask have been gradually going down..slowly, but still. From around 15g to 6-7g.
(Deldrimor has also gone down to the 6-7g area)
Meanwhile, Elonian Leather Squares still remains stable around 12-13g, without the price changing much at all over a long period of time.

Shouldn’t something be done about this? I mean, easiest way to improve it would be to restore the thick leather refining from 4 sections per 1 square back to the original 3 per 1 square..

Elonian Leather price

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Anet already said they aren’t going to interfere with the economy for the time being. Gonna have to either suck it up, if you need leather, or enjoy the inflation if you don’t.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Elonian Leather price

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Wait, so according to various posts on this forum it’s a problem when items drop in price, it’s a problem when they raise in price and now it’s a problem if they stay at the same price?

But it wouldn’t surprise me if the price of leather drops sooner or later. A lot of people are farming it at the moment because all kinds are quite valuable, and sooner or later it’s going to reach saturation point, especially with Anet saying they’re not going to make changes meaning new sinks are unlikely.

As far as I remember there weren’t any significant changes when silk went from the most expensive T5 material, the major barrier to crafting ascended etc. etc. to barely above vendor value, which is where it was before.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Elonian Leather price

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

People complained about the high price of silk for a while and blamed ANet that it’s too expensive. Now that silk is cheap, no one is high-fiving the devs for having “fixed” things.

There’s no question leather is stunningly more expensive than ever, even accounting for the fact that T5 and T6 leather sold at vendor price for the longest time. But that alone doesn’t mean that there’s an urgent issue.

I’m not against ANet modifying the refinement cost (I think they overcompensated by adding ‘patches’ and increasing refinement costs both). I just don’t think that it’s a fundamental problem.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Elonian Leather price

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

As far as I remember there weren’t any significant changes when silk went from the most expensive T5 material, the major barrier to crafting ascended etc. etc. to barely above vendor value, which is where it was before.

1) the rare silk insignias went from requiring 2 bolts to 1.6, masterwork from 1 to .8
2) indirect reduction in demand because patches now require cloth and leather but in unequal quantity. The ratio of cloth to leather for the patches is 4:10. If cloth gets generated at a higher ratio then the leather becomes a bottleneck and cloth starts accumulating waiting for the leather. With enough accumulated the price will drop.
3) massive sinks were introduced for leather in the form of guild hall upgrades. that damages the balance between cloth and leather
4) silk scraps sell for approximate 5x vendor price. Spool of Silk Weaving Thread is still 1.2g because you have to multiply scrap price by 300

Insignias went from requiring just cloth to cloth plus leather with leather being required in greater quantities than the cloth is not a significant change? It shifts the barrier from cloth to the leather.