Emote SPAM is annoying, can you not fix?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Crazy Blademan.4372

Crazy Blademan.4372

Who really needs to “sit” 500 times in a row? Seriously is it that hard to put a cap on the amount of emotes you do?

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Some people like to roleplay so I think that’s why Anet doesn’t want to limit emotes across the board. What I would like to see is a control in Options to limit emotes. Then you could toggle on a limit of the same emote 3 times or whatever.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: joshc.3129

joshc.3129

Some people like to roleplay so I think that’s why Anet doesn’t want to limit emotes across the board. What I would like to see is a control in Options to limit emotes. Then you could toggle on a limit of the same emote 3 times or whatever.

I’ve seen people roleplay but how is sitting non-stop, cheering non-stop, laughing non-stop and so on look at as roleplay?

I agree something should be done like someone spamming the same emote should get muted like someone spamming chat or give us an option to turn them off so they won’t appear in the chat.

Kill stuff to unlock weapons skills, most confusing thing I ever heard of. (sarcasm)

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

or give us an option to turn them off so they won’t appear in the chat.

This is already possible. Click the little arrow next to the name of the chat tab you’re using (called Tab Options) and uncheck Emotes, the 3rd option up from the bottom of the list.

Attachments:

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

I’ve seen people roleplay but how is sitting non-stop, cheering non-stop, laughing non-stop and so on look at as roleplay?

I agree something should be done like someone spamming the same emote should get muted like someone spamming chat or give us an option to turn them off so they won’t appear in the chat.

If they fix this like they fixed Chat spamming, that means you get to emote 3 times and then you can’t emote for 10 minutes… Yea, that’s not gonna make for a happy RP community.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

joshc.3129

If they fix this like they fixed Chat spamming, that means you get to emote 3 times and then you can’t emote for 10 minutes… Yea, that’s not gonna make for a happy RP community.

My point is if someone spams the same emote over and over again in a short time that should be look at as spamming like how posting the same message in chat over and over again in a short time is look at as spamming and results in being muted.

Also I’m still having a hard time understanding how spamming the sit emote or something like that 15 times in 10 seconds is somehow involved in RP.

Kill stuff to unlock weapons skills, most confusing thing I ever heard of. (sarcasm)

(edited by joshc.3129)

joshc.3129

or give us an option to turn them off so they won’t appear in the chat.

This is already possible. Click the little arrow next to the name of the chat tab you’re using (called Tab Options) and uncheck Emotes, the 3rd option up from the bottom of the list.

Well I’ll be. I thought I remembered the game having something like this but couldn’t remember it off the top of my head.

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

My point is if someone spams the same emote over and over again in a short time that should be look at as spamming like how posting the same message in chat over and over again in a short time is look at as spamming and results in being muted.

Also I’m still having a hard time understanding how spamming the sit emote or something like that 15 times in 10 seconds is somehow involved in RP.

I understood what you meant, I’m just telling you that it’s better if they don’t fix it. Spamming the same emote 15 times has nothing to do with RP’ing, however most of us don’t trust Anet to fix this kind of thing, because it will end up like the chat system. If it used the chat system from day 1, I don’t think anyone would complain about it, but making that change now will irk a decent sized community (one of which I’m not apart of, I just know what they’ve been unhappy about it the past)

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

Crazy Blademan.4372

I don’t want to remove emotes permanently… I know about that stupid tab thing… I still want to see emotes in my chat box… just not “annoying person sits” 9999999 times in my chat box…..clearly there is multiple ways anet could tackle this issues. There is a CLEAR difference between RP and SPAMMING… if anet cant figure out a way to combat that then I guess they really do have other problems, wouldn’t be that hard.

joshc.3129

I understood what you meant, I’m just telling you that it’s better if they don’t fix it. Spamming the same emote 15 times has nothing to do with RP’ing, however most of us don’t trust Anet to fix this kind of thing, because it will end up like the chat system. If it used the chat system from day 1, I don’t think anyone would complain about it, but making that change now will irk a decent sized community (one of which I’m not apart of, I just know what they’ve been unhappy about it the past)

Like I said I’ve seen players use the emote chat to RP and I and probably no one else sees that as spamming and if emote chat had a mute feature like the main chat them saying something different each time they wouldn’t have to be worried about getting muted like people not saying the very same thing over and over again in the main chat don’t have to worry about being muted.

Spamming the same emote again and again is just like spamming the main chat thus there should be a negative outcome but like another person posted there is a way to turn off emotes that I had completely forgotten about.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Blocking the person doing the spam gets rid of their emotes now. Never used to but it does, even with custom emotes.

Be careful though, because sometimes an emote like /sit or /dance can repeat for your chat if you move out then back in range of the emote, even though they only typed /sit or /dance once – though I doubt your reason for this post is because of that.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Some emotes look hilarious if you spam them, so keep your paws of my emotes please

You can disable emotes in chat or just block that person.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Spamming emotes is one of two things I’ll block a person for – the second being RMT. They get the same treatment, actually – block → report.

Not quite a substitute for physically tracking them down and rectally inserting a taser, but it’s what we have.

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Who really needs to “sit” 500 times in a row? Seriously is it that hard to put a cap on the amount of emotes you do?

You can already fix it by turning it off.

Are you Shpongled?

Crazy Blademan.4372

shpongle must be a spammer himself or can’t read.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Well, spamming /sit a zillion times is annoying. But if you see a handful of /sits in a row, especially surrounded by custom RP emotes, it means the RPer is trying to sit on a chair or ledge or just to sit down in a position that makes sense compared to the person to whom they are talking. This game makes it very hard to do that and sometimes you have to reorient and move a few times so you sit ON the chair, not under it, or you want to be shoulder to shoulder with someone against whom you are companionably leaning and have to keep shuffling a step or two closer and turning in place to achieve that.

That’s how it’s spammed for RP, anyway, but seldom as many as 10 times before the RPer either is satisfied or gives up.

As to the couple dozen of the same stock emote in a row? Yep, that’s super annoying as it scrolls the real RP chat away! Hurray for the block list.

Posted by: AnniMira.2506

AnniMira.2506

Turning emotes completely off just punishes the player itself. Blocking could be better.