Emotes and Jumping Puzzles

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TrickSmartly.7391

TrickSmartly.7391

This one is on the house anet.

You know how jumping puzzles have lame rewards? Gear just doesn’t cut it. Coins are boring. Well there’s a lack of emote (I AM NOT A ROBOT) and a plethora of jumping puzzles. Combine them. Offer emotes as the reward for jumping puzzle. Dance (and a few others) can be the starting emotes. The other, more sought after ones, are all earned through jumping puzzle.

Feedback loop initiated!

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

There are a number of jumping puzzles that don’t even offer a chest at the end. The feeling of accomplishment after completing a difficult jumping puzzle is the reward itself. Even the achievement you get is only there to serve as a reminder that you had completed it.

You’re right in that there aren’t too many emotes. It’s an interesting idea to reward new emotes through completion of jumping puzzles. I don’t know how well it would hold up against the player community at large.

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Emotes as reward for EACH jumping puzzle? Okay, that would be a bit hard. But I do think they should add emotes for things such as:

1) sPvP Rank (summon your rabbit, wolf, deer and stuff to show off your rank)
2) WvW kills (a unique emote that gets flashier the higher count of kills you have in WvW)
3) Jumping Puzzle (similar to WvW, the more jump puzzles you’ve completed the flashier it gets)
4) 100% World Completion (a unique emote available only to those with 100%)

Just things like would give this game so much more end game.

Posted by: oulivas.9471

oulivas.9471

They should add emote ranks for WvW and sPvP. We never know who’s more experienced. Even if i get a commander on, what if he’s a noob? Who only got 100g because of exploits? He doesn’t have proofs.

About emotes, yes. They could add more emotes.

oulivas
Portuguese
Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

Seems like they decided not to invest much time into making emotes. I get the feeling it’s just not ANet’s kind of thing.

Posted by: ArmitageShanks.4718

ArmitageShanks.4718

A V-sign emote for WvW would be cool.

Posted by: Cantatus.4065

Cantatus.4065

Seems like they decided not to invest much time into making emotes. I get the feeling it’s just not ANet’s kind of thing.

This is a list of emotes from GW1. Also, note that every class/gender combination had their own, distinct dance animation.

I’m thinking it’s more a matter of the fact that emotes weren’t much of a priority during prerelease (for obvious reasons). If I recall, the dance emote wasn’t even in the game until just a few days prior to release.

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

The first time completing the jumping puzzles in itself is already rewarding enough for me, any aditional rewards are just a bonus. But to increase the replay value adding some nice unique / more rare rewards to the loot tables or adding x completion count achievements with appropriate rewards would be appreciated.
Indeed the game is lacking emotes, the basic ones are there but it would be great if more will be added over time, including unique ones for bigger achievements.