Emotes

Emotes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

Q:

are more emotes going to be implemented? many emotes from the first game are missing like the instruments

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

Emotes

Posted by: kingslayer.1342

kingslayer.1342

I miss the /attention emote.

Emotes

Posted by: Sky.7610

Sky.7610

/No

Emotes

Posted by: lotusedge.6743

lotusedge.6743

I would like a /speak emote, but from what I understand arenanet for some reason doesnt like it.

Emotes

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

I’m not aware of any immediate plans to add new emotes in the near future — but it’s a safe bet that there will be some new ones from time to time. Nothing specific yet, though.

I really want there to be a /meow emote, so I can meow at Charr and/or everyone else all the time. Even better if it’s a voiced emote! :-D

What’s /speak? Is it different from regular /say?

Emotes

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Just wish they atleast had the basic emotes from gw1..the current emotes are quite sad tbh.And btw,wheres the drunken mumbling “I’m The King Of The World”… “I Love You Man !”…These things were so generic,yet so freaking fun in gw1.
We have WvWvW yet no Charge Emote..WTH Arena!

Look at the Gw1 Emote list http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Emote
Compare it at what we have in GW2…
Gw1 50+ Emotes
Gw2 19 emotes..From wich only a few are fun imo

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

Emotes

Posted by: Spakpak.7260

Spakpak.7260

I didn’t even know there were emotes other than /laugh and /dance

Coexist: I play wow and gw2 and I love them both

Emotes

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

Whoa! They did have a lot of emotes. But, surely they weren’t all there from launch.

That /aion emote sounds pretty neat. I could go for one of those.

Emotes

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Whoa! They did have a lot of emotes. But, surely they weren’t all there from launch.

Most were there from launch already,just a few got added later on,not the majority.Also the aion emote was for people who pre ordered aion or something,not sure anymore.

Emotes

Posted by: phlemhacker.1372

phlemhacker.1372

I’m not aware of any immediate plans to add new emotes in the near future — but it’s a safe bet that there will be some new ones from time to time. Nothing specific yet, though.

I really want there to be a /meow emote, so I can meow at Charr and/or everyone else all the time. Even better if it’s a voiced emote! :-D

Please no, a million times please no. This is not Hello Kitty.

Emotes

Posted by: RedDeath.2980

RedDeath.2980

Its possible they plan to add a huge sum more later on…. At the moment though emotes are a very low priority I think with all the other stuff they could add/improve upon…

Emotes

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

are more emotes going to be implemented? many emotes from the first game are missing like the instruments

I’d laugh if they added the ‘/jump’ emote.

That was the biggest insult to injury for not being able to jump in Guild Wars.

Emotes

Posted by: PCanineBrigade.4916

PCanineBrigade.4916

Your character does a speak posture. Moves his hands and his mouth and etc.
From what I’ve seen, NPCs have it. Why not us players, too!?

Emotes

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

I think you might of been looking at the list of GW1 emotes, not GW2. That Aion emote was for GW1. It was for those who bought Aion. They got a special code to use in GW1 that gave them the wings from Aion in game.

There isn’t very many emotes for GW2. There is only 19 for GW2. While GW1 had 58 emotes, WoW has 227 emotes, Rift has 90 emotes, TSW has 74 emotes, SW:ToR has 150 emotes, Tera has around 50 emotes, etc etc (from wikis, and I have way too much time on my hands).

So…. yeah. GW2 is seriously lacking in emotes compared to other games and it’s prequel.

At OP, we have no idea. Anet hasn’t said anything regarding adding more emotes to the game in the future. I would assume that emotes are a low priority for them (obviously by the severe lack of them as listed above). We’ll just have to wait and see is all.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

(edited by SpyderArachnid.5619)

Emotes

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I could go for /air-guitar

Gunnar’s Hold

Emotes

Dr Ritter.1327

the /aion emote if i remember correctly was part of a promotion if you bought that game it would give you the emote in guild wars, other than that most of them were in the game at launch

The Paragon
#beastgate

Emotes

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

They put in the ability to use /rank anywhere, I’m happy lol

Emotes

Posted by: Phantax.1369

Phantax.1369

Im not a RP player as such, but I do feel this game would benefit from a greater range of emotes, both visual and voice !

We’re not retreating… we’re advancing in a different direction !
Money can’t buy happiness, But it allows you to search in more places to find it !

Emotes

Dr Ritter.1327

Im not a RP player as such, but I do feel this game would benefit from a greater range of emotes, both visual and voice !

yeah i don’t rp either i just like to have emotes available to use lol

The Paragon
#beastgate

Emotes

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

1) New Dance Emote Permanent Tonics in BLTC. Love to see my Charr doing Gangnam Style lol instead of the boring Rugby dance.
2) Violin! Where is my violin emote?
3) All of the above.

Thankyou Anet :p

(edited by Jabronee.9465)