Empyreal Frags & Bloodstone sink way overdue

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mugen.4763

mugen.4763

I remember few months ago one of the devs/staff said that we will get a chance to spend our Empyreal Fragments and Bloodstone Dust, so I decided to save up any fragments and dust I got. I have currently almost 2 bank tabs full of these stuff and I’m wondering if this ‘sink’ they were talking about was ascended armor? If so 1.5k fragments and dust isn’t enough of a sink as you get these from literally everything you do. It would be nice to know if you guys have anything planned for these materials before I get rid of em.
Cheers.

Attachments:

Mugen Tsukuyomi [ABC]
Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I think they mean’t crafting ascended or mystic forging to get ascended as sinks.

Trouble is, they usually cost 100’s of gold too…

So its no solution to players with large stockpiles.

May just after right click destroy them…

They regard this stuff as ‘top tier loot rewards’, I view them as TRASH.

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

That is like only 16 vision crystals worth empyreal fragments so you don’t really have that many.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

These T7 Materials absolutely need better things, somethign what you can do with the stuff, so that your accoutn chests doesn#t get so quickly overloaded with the stuff:

I think it would be good if ANet would increase the amount of Dust/Shard beign used for crafting the ingot/stars from 100 units to 125 units so that 2 craftings erase 1 stack.
also the amount that these materials get dropped from loot bags/reward chests should get reduced by say 33%

And players should gain these Materials first, when their characters are Max Level and have played through the game..the materials count as the best materials of the game, so gaining them should fall under some restrictions first, that have to be fulfilled by the character to become able to gain these materials.

More Crafting Recipe Alternatives would be awesome to juse Dust/Shards basically as a JOKER MATERIAL to replace for example T6 Materials

Mystic Forge Recipes with Dust/Shards would be awesoem to improve Equipment by its Quality…
Say you have a Lvl 80 Green… put it with 250 Dusts, 250 Shards and an Augur Stone into the Forge and et voila, now you have a Lvl 80 Rare version of your item.

Repeat this again but the next time with 5 Augur Stones, et voila, greets to your Lvl 80 Exotic version of your item.

Repeat this once again, this time with 25 Augur Stones and you’ve have your Exotic item upgraded to Ascended
——

Once Jeweler 500 is there, make usage of Dust&Shards to upgrade Superior Runes/Sigels to Ascended Runes/Sigils

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I think they meant ascended armor and the toxic nourishments.
Ih you were hoping, they would get a vendor value or got tradeable, you can destroy them.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

That is like only 16 vision crystals worth empyreal fragments so you don’t really have that many.

Lol he have enough for 2 full set of armor and 6 ascended weapons. And if he’s like me, he probably have a good number of Bloodstone Bricks ready in his collectibles. By the time you have enough dragonite to craft all of that, you gonna have plenty more Dust and Empyreal Star.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

you only seem to have 16 vision crystals worth of frags… that’s not even enough for 1 precursor. Might want to keep saving…

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

you only seem to have 16 vision crystals worth of frags… that’s not even enough for 1 precursor. Might want to keep saving…

Did i miss somethings. I’m pretty sure Anet never talked about the price of a precursor crafting yet. Maybe some leak? Do you have a source for that?

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I’ve burned some dust making infinite wintersday tonics…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

What about forging them to something useable, maybe MForge Stone?

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Did i miss somethings. I’m pretty sure Anet never talked about the price of a precursor crafting yet. Maybe some leak? Do you have a source for that?

People aren’t allowed to post links to leaks on this forum.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

There is no confirmation that these would be involved in precursor crafting. It would also be curious to see how a T7 mat would result in an exotic weapon (precursor).

However, be prepared to have non-tradeable/time-gated materials to be used in precursor crafting in order to keep the value of precursors from crashing.

-T7 mats
-Mithrillium/Residue

There will also more than likely be other materials that will act as sinks that can be tradeable. I honest to god hope that leather will be used to make the precursor/legendary books.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

It’s not really a sink when it costs tons of gold to make anything using these ingredients. A Bloodstone Dust sink would be a vendor selling gathering tools, and Orrian-esque loot bags, and Obsidian Shards in exchange for these things. Instead, we get recipes that cost not only the dust and stars, but refined versions that require Shards and have to be combined with other T6-7 mats and expensive stuff to craft anything. That’s not a sink. That’s just new ascended recipes.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

I remember few months ago one of the devs/staff said that we will get a chance to spend our Empyreal Fragments and Bloodstone Dust, so I decided to save up any fragments and dust I got. I have currently almost 2 bank tabs full of these stuff and I’m wondering if this ‘sink’ they were talking about was ascended armor? If so 1.5k fragments and dust isn’t enough of a sink as you get these from literally everything you do. It would be nice to know if you guys have anything planned for these materials before I get rid of em.
Cheers.

You need to go back and consider the credibility of the source of that encouragement to hoard those things. That particular dev, if I remember correctly at least for the bloodstone comment, hasn’t been the best ally of the players.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

There is no confirmation that these would be involved in precursor crafting. It would also be curious to see how a T7 mat would result in an exotic weapon (precursor).

However, be prepared to have non-tradeable/time-gated materials to be used in precursor crafting in order to keep the value of precursors from crashing.

-T7 mats
-Mithrillium/Residue

There will also more than likely be other materials that will act as sinks that can be tradeable. I honest to god hope that leather will be used to make the precursor/legendary books.

I fully expect precursors to be upgraded to ascended when they introduce crafting for them. That’s just what I expect, no real reason.

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

I am always short of fragments, dragonite ore and dust, believe it or not. And I play a lot. There’s lots of uses for them, you know. Especially with several characters.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I fully expect precursors to be upgraded to ascended when they introduce crafting for them. That’s just what I expect, no real reason.

That will have the slightly odd consequence of making pitching stuff into the Mystic Forge work differently. Throwing in 4 yellow and getting back a pink – a two tier jump in stats – would probably have to stop. I’m not sure changing the tables so that Ascended Precursors only drop from combing 4 exotic items would go over that well…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

I have 11 character which is exactly the reason why I also view these materials as complete trash. Nothing to do with them, they just hog space. I wish I could buy something with it. I also like the idea of gear upgrading by Orpheal. Make it cost a ton of material but at least make it have any other use than destroying.

Posted by: Pariah.8506

Pariah.8506

I remember few months ago one of the devs/staff said that …

They fooled me too the first time, don’t worry you’ll get used to it.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

I wouldn’t be surprised if one day the patch notes read:

• The crafting recipe for Bloodstone Bricks now requires 1000 Piles of Bloodstone Dust.
  • The crafting recipe for Empyreal Stars now requires 1000 Empyreal Fragments.
  • The crafting recipe for Dragonite Ingots now requires 1000 Dragonite Ore.

… with the same excuse as silk.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

The following could happen:

1) Precusors are upgraded, so Zomorros will only accept Ascended weapons for Forging.

2) Precusors use T7 mats for crafting.

3) Level 500 Jeweler and Cooking will using T7 (although eating Bloodstone Bricks is not appealing)

4) T7 mats allowed to be tradable on TP.

5) T7 mats merchantable.

In anycase, because we don’t know what’s going on, I would recommend saving them. You never know what Anet will bring out that requires these.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Let’s see… Introducing materials that require large stockpiles to do anything and thus consume much space, and then selling a gem store item that boosts stack size. Oh sure that is merely just a solution to a problem. 250 worked fine before all these ascended materials existed. Though I guess it is pretty brilliant to manufacture a problem and then sell the solution.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Wish I could actually build a fully functional sink in my Home Instance out of Bloodstone Bricks. Actually just let me build an entire house out of them. GW2 Minecraft edition.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

I’m having to chuck them now, because I’ve got alts full of these mats, bank tabs full of these mats, and the bottleneck is karma. I’m saving for another legendary, my obsidian shards are already tied up in that. -.-

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Let’s see… Introducing materials that require large stockpiles to do anything and thus consume much space, and then selling a gem store item that boosts stack size. Oh sure that is merely just a solution to a problem. 250 worked fine before all these ascended materials existed. Though I guess it is pretty brilliant to manufacture a problem and then sell the solution.

I’m pretty sure it was planned that way.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

mugen.4763

I wouldn’t be surprised if one day the patch notes read:

• The crafting recipe for Bloodstone Bricks now requires 1000 Piles of Bloodstone Dust.
  • The crafting recipe for Empyreal Stars now requires 1000 Empyreal Fragments.
  • The crafting recipe for Dragonite Ingots now requires 1000 Dragonite Ore.

… with the same excuse as silk.

Even if they did that its not a longterm solution. I’ve already geared up my main to full ascended/legendary and all my other chars have full ascended jewelry and some weapons. What happens when you finish gearing them up? The materials are gonna keep pouring in. Adding new recipes for food and stuff isnt a sink either because not all players will want them. I think the best option would be to add a vendor that would convert a large number of these materials into basic necessities or luck.

Mugen Tsukuyomi [ABC]
Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

I have 32k emp shards stored right now and I’m getting easily 500+ a day in EOTM, its starting to annoy me that I am just drowning in these mats.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Dragonite sink is what I need. I could use more empyreal frags.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

this + ascended ring

mugen.4763

atleast u can merch the rings

Mugen Tsukuyomi [ABC]
Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Toxic consumables are a bloodstone sink btw.

If anything we need an empyreal and dragonite sink

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.