Enable Belinda's Greatsword Scabbard

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Paladine.2569

Paladine.2569

Belinda’s Greatsword skin is one of the few (only?) weapons in the game with a scabbard for when it’s sheathed, and it’s quite elegant. When you draw it, however, it just magically transforms into a blade.

Is there any chance we could get an option to toggle leaving the scabbard on and off, much like helm/shoulders/back item? When on, we’ll have the unsheathed weapon in our hands and an empty scabbard on our back. When off, it’ll be the way it is now.

This could be a great way to introduce a new type of sword + scabbard design and introduce more customization into our aesthetic appeal. This could be done with greatswords, swords, and possibly pistols.

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

That would require them to create a completely new item slot. The scabbard can’t be used as a back item because then it would just look silly when you don’t have the sword equipped and instead just have an empty scabbard. Sure, they could make a back piece skin with the sword always in it, but then it just looks silly when you have the back piece and the weapon. What they need to do is remove the scabbard all together.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Or they can just leave it be because it’s not that big of a deal.

I like my option.

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

I don’t understand why the scabbard disappears in the first place. They took the time to model the scabbard with the sword in it. How much more work would it really have been to remove the sword handle from the model? I don’t even care about a sheathing/unsheathing animation.

This is literally the only reason I didn’t purchase this item.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Would be better to hold that huge samurai sword in one hand and the scabbard in the other, with a samurai stance.

Not gonna happen. #dreaming

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Paladine.2569

It wouldn’t be a back item, it’d be a visual toggle on the weapon slot itself.

And no, it’s not a big deal, but what’s wrong with options?

Posted by: tatwin.1689

tatwin.1689

The scabbard can’t be used as a back item because then it would just look silly when you don’t have the sword equipped and instead just have an empty scabbard

You mean like having quivers without bows?

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Belinda’s Greatsword skin is one of the few (only?) weapons in the game with a scabbard for when it’s sheathed, and it’s quite elegant. When you draw it, however, it just magically transforms into a blade.

Is there any chance we could get an option to toggle leaving the scabbard on and off, much like helm/shoulders/back item? When on, we’ll have the unsheathed weapon in our hands and an empty scabbard on our back. When off, it’ll be the way it is now.

This could be a great way to introduce a new type of sword + scabbard design and introduce more customization into our aesthetic appeal. This could be done with greatswords, swords, and possibly pistols.

so why, when a nodachi is introduced, does this finally bother you?

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: MaxTNT.3154

MaxTNT.3154

The whole ‘quiver without a bow’ thing is a bit different. Ofcourse you cant opt to get a quiver backpiece without having a bow equiped, but that is going to be an exeption and most people will only use a quiver if they actually have a bow to use.

The issue I have with ‘quiver without a bow’ is weapon persistency. You can have two weaponsets(apart from Ele and Engi ofc) but when you swap weaponsets, the other weapon just vanishes. Arguably because it would easily clutter your character and that if you have, for example, a Hammer and a Greatsword they would both be sheathed in the same spot, thus clipping heavily.(possible option for this would be a restriction for one backslotter set and one beltslotter set, but thats not gonna happen now is it…)
I would like persitent weaponsets, but I doubt it will ever happen…

Paladine.2569

When did I say it bothers me?
I just said this is the only weapon with a scabbard skin separate from the actual weapon skin, and it’d be neat if we’d be able to enable having a scabbard show while a weapon is drawn if you like it.

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Shouldn’t it be on the waist though? I know it’d have issues with skins and stuff but I’m pretty sure Katanas were wielded on the waist.

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Shouldn’t it be on the waist though? I know it’d have issues with skins and stuff but I’m pretty sure Katanas were wielded on the waist.

…if that wouldnt be a nodachi yea. Its perfect where it is actually

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/15/Samurai_wearing_a_nodachi_(field_sword).png

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

I just said this is the only weapon with a scabbard skin separate from the actual weapon skin, and it’d be neat if we’d be able to enable having a scabbard show while a weapon is drawn if you like it.

obviously it does, hence the thread

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

The scabbard can’t be used as a back item because then it would just look silly when you don’t have the sword equipped and instead just have an empty scabbard

Meta sw/wh+gs Ranger with a quiver for the win!!

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

What do they call the equivalent of first world problems in Tyria?

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

#gw1stworldproblems

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

#gw1stworldproblems

#1stGuildproblems

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

obviously it does, hence the thread

And why does it bother you that this bothers him?

He raises a point and one that he thinks could make the game better. Yours is just pointless complaining.

Meta sw/wh+gs Ranger with a quiver for the win!!

It’s where my dubblesword Ranger keeps the 20-30 pies he has on him at any given time.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…