Enchanted map. Bug?

Enchanted map. Bug?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rachiia.6045

Rachiia.6045

I’m trying to do the enchanted map.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Enchanted_Map

I have all the scraps except for scrap 3. According to the wiki, scrap 3 is suppose to come out of Maguuma Jungle chests, but I’ve gotten two map scraps 1s from Maguuma chests. Is this a problem with the wiki or a bug?

Thanks

Enchanted map. Bug?

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I have all the scraps except for scrap 3. According to the wiki, scrap 3 is suppose to come out of Maguuma Jungle chests, but I’ve gotten two map scraps 1s from Maguuma chests. Is this a problem with the wiki or a bug?

Thanks

Which chests?

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Enchanted map. Bug?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m not sure the information about which scraps drop where is completely accurate. Though, perhaps some players have found that certain scraps do drop more often in certain maps. I’ve gotten Scrap 1/4 in almost every map I’ve tried. I only need Scrap 2/4, and no matter where I’ve tried, it still eludes me. Lol.

Just a bit of RNG, I’m sure.

Enchanted map. Bug?

Rachiia.6045

Thanks

Which chests?

The basic chests you find in various locations around Tyria. Here’s a list:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_basic_chests

Enchanted map. Bug?

Rachiia.6045

I’m not sure the information about which scraps drop where is completely accurate. Though, perhaps some players have found that certain scraps do drop more often in certain maps. I’ve gotten Scrap 1/4 in almost every map I’ve tried. I only need Scrap 2/4, and no matter where I’ve tried, it still eludes me. Lol.

Just a bit of RNG, I’m sure.

Thanks, Inculpatus.

I’ll keep trying, focusing on Maguuma for scrap 3. I was able to get the others from the regions the wiki mentioned, but I bet you’re right about the RNG factor.

Too bad we can’t trade scraps.

Enchanted map. Bug?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Thanks

Which chests?

The basic chests you find in various locations around Tyria. Here’s a list:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_basic_chests

No . . . which chests, which areas, in particular?

If it’s going to be a little off and there might be a bug or an error in loot tables . .. it’s time to document instead of being vague.

I know my map pieces came from the following:

Scrap 1/4: Harathi Hinterlands, Cloven Hoof Pass. Chest in Southforge Camp.
Scrap 2/4: Plains of Ashford, Decimus Stones. Chest at the end of the path.
Scrap 3/4: Caledon Forest, Ruins of the Unseen. Grabbed it the same time as the “Sacred Skritt Shiny”.
Scrap 4/4: Frostgorge Sound, Trionic Lattice. Champion Troll chest.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Enchanted map. Bug?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Got my Scrap 3/4 from one of the chests behind the skritt kings throne in Brisban Wildlands.

Enchanted map. Bug?

Rachiia.6045

I checked every basic chest in Maguuma, I think. I know I did the Ruins, because that one gave me a scrap 1. : / Not sure where I got the other scrap 1 in Maguuma, but I know for sure the Ruins gave me one.

I have 4 scrap ones, 1 scrap two, and 3 scrap fours, but no scrap 3 at this point. I’ll probably run the chests in Maguuma, again, tomorrow.

Enchanted map. Bug?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Ha! I got Scrap 1/4 from the chest by the Skritt King. I’ve sold at least 10 of those so far. I seem to be blessed with Scraps 1/4!

Enchanted map. Bug?

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

I got the 3rd part of the map from the mini chest on Hexfoundry Unhinged jumping puzzle. I honestly had 0 expectations about finishing the map but for my surprise, it happened.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

Enchanted map. Bug?

Rachiia.6045

Got Scrap 3 from the Skritt King, today. Had to send 4 alts there to get it. : )

Also, got another Scrap 1 from the Jackdaw Pirates in Maguuma.

Enchanted map. Bug?

Posted by: Squee Squashington.5189

Squee Squashington.5189

Whoever put this in apprently thinks Sparkfly is a part of Kryta. Got 5 Map Scrap #1’s from Sparkfly (And only #1’s). Stopped going there and after 3 days of doing chest/JP circuits in Metrica, Caledon, Brisban and Mt Maelstrom I got scrap #3 (And only #3 from all the circuits). Not overly convinced it’s RNG anymore.

Good luck to you.

Legendary Defender of Casuals

Enchanted map. Bug?

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I found out vendors will take those extra map scraps you get for 1 silver 98 copper. I don’t feel so bad when I get them now.

Enchanted map. Bug?

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

Is there a chest that semi-reliably drops scrap #3?

The chest by the Colocal Queen’s spawn point in Dry Top (Lair of the Beast) drops the #2 scrap with a chance somewhere between 33 and 50% (by feel, not measured :-P ), so I get that one all the freaking time. Is there a similarly reliable way to get the #3 scrap? It’s the only one I’m still missing, even after doing lots of Jumping Puzzles in Maguuma Jungle this weekend.

Enchanted map. Bug?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I got mine here, on the third try: Verarium Delves

This is also an easy place to try with double the chance: Skrittsburg Center to the left and right behind the Skritt King’s throne.

Enchanted map. Bug?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I need scrap 2/4 as well. I’ve opened countless chests in Ascalon without every getting a map piece. The other three I got very quickly.

Enchanted map. Bug?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I just got my scrap 2/4 a couple of days ago. I believe it was from either Windrock Maze or Reaper’s Corridor.

Of course, it’s all just a matter of luck/RNG/spin of the wheel/whatever your term of preference. =)

Enchanted map. Bug?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Apparently so . . .

Welp at least the scraps can get sold. Still better RNG than the rest of the Treasure Hunter Collection. (Seriously, WTF?)

Enchanted map. Bug?

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

This is also an easy place to try with double the chance: Skrittsburg Center to the left and right behind the Skritt King’s throne.

Ooh, that’s good to know, especially since some here have reported getting the #3 scrap out of those chests. My elementalist will head there anyway once she’s done with Snowden Drifts.

Can you park a character there, or do you get thrown out of Skrittsburgh Center when the gates are closed?

(edited by Gudy.3607)

Enchanted map. Bug?

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i used the dulfy guide i know i’m a tool and didn’t have any trouble getting the scraps.. unless they changed them since sept9

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Enchanted map. Bug?

Posted by: virtualtourist.6438

virtualtourist.6438

Scrap 3 just dropped for me in Caledon Forest, it was either the Spelunker’s Delve or Morgan’s Spiral jumping puzzle chest (didn’t pay attention at the time).