End-Of-April Patch, what's in it?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Q:

Hello,

We’ve seen hide nor hair of the information related to the patch expected at the end of April. The only thing that is known for certain is that it’ll be the conclusion of the Frost and Flame saga, but that’s it. There has been no information related to the sub-sectors of the game (i.e. PvE, WvW, sPvP, jumping puzzles, story).

I would like to propose a “shopping list” of questions that I’d like to get information on related to the patch. Please read on…

1) What kind of rewards will finish this 4-month old saga that is the Frost and Flame story?

2) Will this patch include item of encouragement for dungeons outside the Fractals?

3) Are there any new advancements -zones, if you will- to the Fractals beyond the nine in this patch?

4) What kind of WvWvW changes can we expect: content or just maintenance?

5) Any changes to sPvP expected at all?

6) Will this patch, or any in the future, give a non-CP sPvP map?

7) SPOILERISH If Braham is the kitten-son of Eire, who can possibly be his father?
ANSWERED=>Borje the Sun Chaser

8) Will there be new jumping puzzles (other than the SAB)?

9) Any new items expected to add to the game?

10) What kind of, if any, class balances will we see? And which class is getting the most changes?

Bonus Question!
11) When can we expect to see developer tactics to counter WvWvW zergs such as the removal of AoE caps?

(edited by Siphaed.9235)

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

Rytlock : Braham, I’m your father…..

Braham : Noooooooooo………

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

Siphaed.9235

Thank you, that answers one of my 11 questions. Didn’t see that from before.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

1. The new weapon skin from the story just one though.
2-6 i think its mostly a SPvP update.
7. no idea
8-11 its mostly Spvp from what i know so i do not think we will see much done to WvW or pve.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Siphaed.9235

1. The new weapon skin from the story just one though.
2-6 i think its mostly a SPvP update.
7. no idea
8-11 its mostly Spvp from what i know so i do not think we will see much done to WvW or pve.

I know they’ve said it’s going to have the finishing content for Flame and Frost, so it’s got to include that much of PvE content. And I swear that somewhere they mentioned that future patches over the next 3-4 patches will include at least “something” for WvW, even if it’s minor.

Found something….

Account bound blueprints

We tried changing blueprints to being account bound and it completely broke the pack up skill when holding the blueprint so we can’t do that either unfortunately.

I’m hoping that someday may find some programmer magic that can solve this so we can at least get rid of them being soulbound, but nobody is looking at it currently.

Badge usefulness, gear variety and earning gold in wvw compared to pve

We are working on a number of different updates that should address these issues over the next couple of months.

We are still working out all the details, but the team has been working on some pretty exciting stuff that should address many of the very valid points you folks brought up. I can’t say much more than that quite yet, but we’re aware of it and we’re working on it.

Any changes or additional things to commander icon?

We’ve talked about a number of improvements we’d like to make to the commander system as a whole, but it’s not on anyone’s schedule right now.