Eng Holomancer offhand

Eng Holomancer offhand

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

The Eng has so few weapons. I really wish they would add another off-hand weapon with the Holomancer. I think a warhorn would compliment the Holomancer if done right.

Here’s a couple of skill ideas.

Holo-echo – Sound interacts with the holo skills to create an echo of the player that runs away pulling the attention of the enemy as it fades across 5 seconds.

Sonic concussion – creates a concussion wave to knock down enemies.

Eng Holomancer offhand

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

It’s a bit late to add now.

Besides, Sword/Shield is a classic combo. Sword/Pistol is a good secondary choice. I think that, with the main-hand sword, our two off-hand choices are fairly solid.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Eng Holomancer offhand

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

They should have taken this chance to do what players suggested years ago.

Engineers don’t have weapon swap, because at some point kits were an integral part of the class mechanic they had no choice in using. When they were disintegrated from the class mechanic, for some reason engineer never got weapon swap back, likely because with so few weapons there really was no point. Adding weapon swap to a class with three weapon combinations would really add nothing to the class.

To fix that problem, reintegrate kits in to the class mechanic. Give engineers a “kit” slot,where the weapon swap is for the remaining classes, in this slot they could choose a single kit to swap to, giving them access to at least one single kit at all times.

Eng Holomancer offhand

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Engineers don’t have weapon swap, because at some point kits were an integral part of the class mechanic they had no choice in using. When they were disintegrated from the class mechanic, for some reason engineer never got weapon swap back, likely because with so few weapons there really was no point. Adding weapon swap to a class with three weapon combinations would really add nothing to the class.

To fix that problem, reintegrate kits in to the class mechanic. Give engineers a “kit” slot, where the weapon swap is for the remaining classes, in this slot they can choose a single kit to swap to as if it were a weapon, giving them access to at least one single kit at all times.

That’s… actually a pretty neat idea. It may be far too late to do it by now, but I do like that idea!

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Eng Holomancer offhand

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

To fix that problem, reintegrate kits in to the class mechanic. Give engineers a “kit” slot, where the weapon swap is for the remaining classes, in this slot they can choose a single kit to swap to as if it were a weapon, giving them access to at least one single kit at all times.

That’s… actually a pretty neat idea. It may be far too late to do it by now, but I do like that idea!

Yeah it’s likely too late to make anything but very minor changes to the expansion release, but hopefully someday. But then again, they’ve had five years, and have done basically nothing to any of the class mechanics no matter how dire or obvious the need.

Eng Holomancer offhand

Tekoneiric.6817

To fix that problem, reintegrate kits in to the class mechanic. Give engineers a “kit” slot,where the weapon swap is for the remaining classes, in this slot they could choose a single kit to swap to, giving them access to at least one single kit at all times.

Yes if we don’t have swap we should have at least one kit available. I suggested awhile back that I’d like to see the health skill moved to the health display in the center to free up that skill slot. Given how they added mounts to the end I think this is even more important to do now. If they keep adding stuff off the ends it’s going to get crowded and keybinds are going to get crazy.

Eng Holomancer offhand

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I would be very happy if Elite Specs (going forward) all added five weapon skills. That would of course mean that if they wanted to add a one handed or off-hand weapon, they would need to add a second weapon as well to make up the five. As it is, some professions get five new weapon skills, some get three, others two.

Eng Holomancer offhand

Tekoneiric.6817

I would be very happy if Elite Specs (going forward) all added five weapon skills. That would of course mean that if they wanted to add a one handed or off-hand weapon, they would need to add a second weapon as well to make up the five. As it is, some professions get five new weapon skills, some get three, others two.

Yea it seems a bit unbalanced.